November 29th Due Date - I need a buddy!

So ladies, I am on team :pink:! I was shocked and had to ask the tech three times just to make sure. She said she is 100% sure and she said to come find her if it turns out to be a boy lol!

The only thing I was disappointed on is that the machine they used today was an older machine and the scan wasn't as clear as my 12W scan AND they didn't give me a CD at the end. I was so disappointed and crushed at the end. We asked her multiple times if there is ANYTHING we could do to get those pics off. My geeky DH was asking her technical stuff and looked around the machine to see if he could spot any "transfer" plugs and she kept saying she didn't think we could transfer off of there. I am very disappointed in that regard. I am just telling myself that things could have been worse! The baby girl looked great, was moving around like crazy, and everything measured perfect. She said according to measurements I am now due Nov 24. Who knows what is right?! But DH and I are very happy! As soon as DH scans the pictures I will upload them. I think I am now convinced that we are going to do a 3D scan so we can see her again on the nicer machine and get the CD images!!

Too funny Lucky! I would have ran and hid somewhere if that happened to me. One of my good friends has a little girl who JUST turned 2 years old and she is quite a talker too - says funny things sometimes!

Yay Desi!!!! So happy for you and Team Pink!!! :happydance: My little boy is all alone lol!!

This means lots of fun sewing, yay! Glad baby was looking good (my due date was also moved to Nov 24th). Sorry about the old machine...that woud have bothered me too! Was the scan long and did she have to do anything differently since it was an older machine? I would say go for the 3D scan so you get to have the experience of having a good look at your little girl. :)

OMG Lucky, that story made me laugh out loud. That was hilarious!!!!

Congrats Desi! There sure are a lot of girls arriving at the end of Nov. I'm sure someone else will be having a boy. Allie can't be the only one.

Lucky-that is too funny. I was walking through a store with my friend and her 4 year old daughter when I was about 13 weeks along. Her daughter asks(very loudly) "Is your baby a boy or a girl?" "when you eat, does the food fall on the baby?" "When your baby poops..." I cut her off at the last one. She was just so curious. Her dad is a doctor so he can explain those things to her. I told my friend that I would not be explaining the birds and the bees to her four year old at a craft store. ha

I have been feeling baby kick everyday for the last 10 days or so. I can also see the kicks but usually don't catch them in time. She will kick and then I'll watch for a few minutes with no more kicks. She will then kick again like 5 minutes later. She seems to be more active at night when I am laying in my side. She does kick throughout the day though when I have been sitting. It is so fun to feel. The last couple days I have been experiencing these sharp pains too. It feels like someone is pinching me from the inside. Hurts but doesn't last long at all, just a couple seconds a day. Anyone else have this?

I started painting the nursery today. I have three walls done. I'm hoping to finish tomorrow. My crib, bedding, and dresser also came in this week. I am just so excited that I want to get it all se

opps. I am excited to get it all set up. I will have nothing to look forward to (besides the arrival) the last 4 months.

Congrats Desi!!!!! Fantastic news!! Sorry to hear about the pictures :( maybe get some done privately? Wow, so only Allie on Team :blue: so far! Although who knows whet Sarah and I have got?!

:rofl: Lucky that's frickin' hysterical!! I literally laughed my ass off when I read that! Your little girl sounds brilliant! :)

Robyn, So pleased to hear that you are doing better now. It sounds like you had a very similar experience to me. I had two horrible episodes of gushing blood and rushed to hospital. I was told I had a subchoronic hematoma. Apparently they occur in 1% of pregnancies. It's basically a blood clot near the placenta. Do you know if this is what you had? Pregnancy is scary enough without gushing blood...I couldnt believe it when i was told baby was ok!

Big hugs

xx

I saw two doctors at two different hospitals and neither could tell me what caused the bleed - completely unexplained!

But had my 20 week scan on Monday and all looks fine - and confirmed 1 boy and 1 girl! :happydance:

Gosh! Had a bad night! I woke up a gazillion times always thinking about the ultrasound. Argh! Seems like such a SILLY thing to worry about but I think I am just hormonal. DH just doesn't understand me on why I would have wanted the nicer pictures argh!!! I hate the world today!! To boot, its a busy day with meetings, gotta put on that fake SMILE!! You ladies have a nice day. I will catch up with ya later!

Robyn - glad to hear you are doing well. And one boy and one girl...that is awesome!!

Melissa - I'm impressed at how quickly you got your nursery together! Did you end up finding purple bedding that you love? I want to do a pink and green color theme but am not in love with any bedding just yet. We are not going to paint the walls which are currently a shade of brown/grey taupe so the bedding and accessories will need to be on point since they are doing all the work colorwise.

Aw Desi, hope you are in better spirits soon!

Congrats Robyn, glad everything is well and yay for one boy and one girl! :happydance:

Melissa, wow you are way ahead of me, I feel so behind now!! Oooh, I'd love to see some photos of the nursery when it's put together. :) Is the pinching pain behind your belly button? I've been getting a weird pain behind my belly button recently.

Desi, I totally understand. I was on Cloud 9 right after my ultrasound but then once it was over I was in a bit of a funk because I thought the spotting kind of 'ruined' the joy as I was so worried. So I felt a little sorry for myself. I also felt really sore the day after. Are you feeling sore at all or is it just the dissapointment of the quality of the scan? Are you worried it wasn't good enough for them to get a good view of everything or what? Either way, hormonal is perfectly normal....hope you feel better soon! :hugs:

Thank you Sparkle.. its quite hilarious now, but at the time I was in shock!! LOL
My sister comes into town today, she lives about 7 hours away from me.. and we are best friends - the summer times are awesome because we try and see each other as much as possible.. she has 3 girls and when we are all together its just a great time. She is coming to my ultrasound tomorrow. Im freaking out! Cant wait! 3pm mountain time... hope we can keep busy tomorrow morning/afternoon!! :)

Oh and I must announce my excitement.. I thought I had a new RED stretch mark on the top of my belly and its been freaking me out.. its been here about 7 days.. and all my stretchmarks from my first pregnancy appeared white/silvery from the very beginning, so I never got the deep purple/red ones.. I thought I was doomed.. Come to find out, it was just a mosquito bite from camping/swimming/wearing a bikini.. WHEW!!!

Desi- congrats! That's fabulous news! Cute outfits for your baby girls
I'm 85% confident I'm having a boy. Have such a strong feeling on it!

Lucky- that's hilarious! Really made me laugh!

Speaking of funny...I went to cinema last night & saw Beidesmaids. So so funny! I felt embarassed by how much I was laughing!

Has anyone thought about names yet?

I saw two doctors at two different hospitals and neither could tell me what caused the bleed - completely unexplained!

But had my 20 week scan on Monday and all looks fine - and confirmed 1 boy and 1 girl! :happydance:[/QUOTE]

Robyn- huge congrats! One of each. How perfect!!

Allie- you are not behind. I am just way ahead. I think I am doing everything too early but I am just so excited that I can't wait any longer. I am using the excuse that I want to get it done before I have to go back to work in mid-August.
The pain was just under my belly button. Maybe its just from her moving around in there or ligament pain. I can still feel her kicking so I am not too worried. I have my 20 weeks appt tomorrow. I'm afraid to see how much weight I have gained.

Robyn- Congrats! One boy and one girl! How perfect!

Lucky- I hope baby cooperates and you get a great tech! I'm sure we will all be stalking tomorrow to find out what you are having!

Sarah- For the last 10 years, I have always said I was going to name my daughter Alexis. I still love the name but I also like Brooklyn and Lydia. My husband is easy going and has only said no to one other name. It is so hard. I may never be able to decide.

Thanks for hearing my hormonal crap. I do sound like a mad woman. My DH was sweet. He scanned pictures for me in the highest resolution he possibly could (but the pics were small to begin with) and that made me a bit happy. Posting a few on here. The last picture of her yawning looks so Alienish :D! She had her little hand upto her ear the whole time and the tech commented on it and said "she is on the phone, that is what she is doing"! Do you see the 3 lines on the BABY GIRL picture? Also she said the baby was 13 oz. How much did yours weigh at your scans (granted most your scans were before 20 W). I didn't know if 13 oz was a normal weight.

Lucky, I think it will be a boy for you. Allie - Don't worry. It looks like the year of girls. 3 of my pregnant friends are having girls and only one is having a boy. By the time your boy grows up he will have a lot of girls falling for him hehe :)!

Melissa - You are way ahead girl. We are still in the process of emptying the office (that will become the nursery). It is going to take us a few weeks to come to painting. Do post pictures to get us all motivated and inspired :)!

Robyn - How perfect. One of my aunts has twin boy and girl. They are now in college and perfect kids ever.

We haven't thought of names yet. I was waiting until we know sex. We want an Indian name that is very easy for everyone to pronounce and is at most two syllables. Our last name is long enough and we don't want her to deal with a long foreign first name too :)!

Attachments

• Baby-girl.jpg
    Baby-girl.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 9
  • side-med.jpg
    side-med.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Yawn.jpg
    Yawn.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 7

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online