November 29th Due Date - I need a buddy!

It sounds like yours is really well controlled! Are you getting extra appointments or extra scans at all? I called and told my mom what was happening and the first thing she started talking about was me getting a C-Section if the baby was too large. Gee, thanks mom! :wacko:

Aw, that is precisely why I am not telling the folks on either side...at least not any time soon! I just can't take the comments...i find every thing offensive these days! :hehe: yes, there will be another formal ultrasound (like the 20 week one) at the end of October. I met with the midwife last wed just bc I already had that Appt scheduled but I will also meet with a dr. Next thurs to go over my glucose numbers that I have been keeping track of. And then I have appts every two weeks, but that was already a part of normal pregnancy procedures. However, if my number ever goes above 200'or if I have a high over135 for three days in a row, I have to call them right away. Also, the MW said that if i am able to control it without meds, they would still not let me go past 40 weeks and would most likely schedule an induction between 39-40wks. Ugh. I really hope it doesn't come to that as I've heard labor pain can be much worse on pitocin. But I suppose it's still a better option that a csection. We saw a full on video of a csection at the childbirth class and now I really wish I hadn't seen that...ignorance can really be bliss sometimes. :wacko:

Just wanted to pop in and say hi. It has been a long time since I have been on here. Hope everyone is doing well. I am fine but seem more emotional in the last week. It could be because my husband is gone on a hunting trip though. I went back to work a couple weeks ago- blah. Oh well...at least I have maternity leave to look forward too :)

Hi Melissa! :wave: How are you feeling? I'm pretty emotional these days as well.

Quick update on my 3 hour test...I failed it! I passed the fasting and the first blood draw and failed the final two blood draws. :( I meet with a dietician on Wednesday...in the meantime I'm on my own this weekend and hope I'm doing okay. I'm not getting any extra appointments yet but the nurse told me I will be getting a biophysical profile done and coming in for non-stress tests starting at 32 weeks. At least I'll be getting well monitored. I just feel bad for my little baby, hopefully I haven't done any damage so far.

Hi everyone! I'm waiting on my glucose results at the moment - don't think I'll know until the beginning of next week. I only did the 3 hour test (maybe because I have twins??) and felt horrid after the drink...actually fell asleep while waiting. I'm also on extra iron tablets as they found out I was anaemic - that was a surprise, given that my prenatal vitamin includes iron and I eat a fair amount of red meat etc.

My back is killing me! (This is part of the reason I've been away so long, it hurts to to sit in front of the computer.) I'm going for a massage tomorrow but am slowly resigning myself to spending a large part of the day lying down. I've had a lot of pain on my left side over the past 14 weeks and now stretchmarks have appeared there so I'm guessing babies are liking to lie on that side.

We start antenatal classes tomorrow - can't wait, I feel very uninformed about the birth right now...

Hi girls! :wave:

How is everyone doing these days? I have been super emotional too. DH can really get on my nerves and send me bawling these days with something as simple as a comment!
We are back from our little vacation...the baby shower turned out great and we had a relaxing time. :) I really can't believe how little time is left now before baby's arrival!! So much left to do, so little time!

Hello everyone!! :wave: How is everyone feeling?

BumpHope, I've been keeping up with you on the GD thread which is nice. :) I'm glad you had a good vacay and shower!!

AFM, my shower is in two week on the 24th. My mom is doing it....it seems crazy, I can't believe how fast time is going!

I think I've been pretty emotional as well. And my pelvic pain is bugging me daily now when I move around but my doc just says it's round ligament pain. I'm pretty sure it's pelvic girdle pain or SPD though! It hurts to walk for very long and the pain is RIGHT in my groin and under my bump. I haven't been sleeping very well either because it hurts to roll over. I also get restless legs before bed. And heartburn in the night! And constipation. Sorry for my long list of aches and pains....in many ways I'm feeling really good.

The GD diagnosis has sucked. I'm looking forward to my appt on Weds as it will be my first appt since knowing I have it.

We got our crib put together over the weekend. I'm wondering about crib mattresses...we got 'firm' but not 'ultra firm' and the 'firm' one seems really soft? The nursery is starting to come together, though. :happydance:

Hey Allie!!

Sorry about the aches and pains! I'm the same! It takes me forever to get to sleep at night, and to top it off i've got a cold at the moment which sucks! I can't believe how fast time is flying! I hope your baby shower goes well, i have mine next month around the 16/17th:) I would get lots of advice on the mattress as they can be soooo expensive but worth it because they can last for ages !

Allie - I hear you on the pelvic pain and lack of sleep - it's so hard to move right now! At least my back seems to be getting better.

Well, I passed the 3 hour glucose test but went in for a checkup yesterday and they want me to take it AGAIN in a couple of weeks! I don't really get why, and can't say I'm looking forward to it - I found it made me feel awful last time.

Aww, baby showers. Am beginning to wish they were a UK tradition too....

I'm in the same boat girls...can't sleep again! The insomnia is back. Except now it's accompanied by total discomfort, leg and hip pain, stuffy nose, and getting up twice a night to pee (before for the most part, I only got up once a night to go to the bathroom), pelvic pain, and just general pain (can't even rotate from side to side without discomfort in my bump!). I'm starting to understand why people complain about the third trimester. But since it's still early on in the third trimester, I'm scared it's only going to get worse!! :wacko:

So last week after we returned from our vacation and shower, I was in a bit of a panic mode thinking of how much there is left to do and DH was so nonchalant about everything which only made me more panicky. But luckily, we managed to get a lot done around the house this weekend, finished putting together the baby's dresser, and even got a few more big things that we still needed. One being the car seat...babies r us is having a sale through this weekend where you can get 15% off on all car seats/travel systems. So we went there, knowing exactly which one we wanted and another customer came up to us and gave us a 25% off coupon she got, and wasn't going to use, from doing a trade in there. I love a good deal! :happydance: We also splurged on a leather recliner/rocker/swivel chair from macy's. That has really been our first and only splurge and I figure we can always use it as real furniture down the road and in the meantime, it will come in handy with the baby, especially if I need to sleep in her room, which I can totally see myself doing. Last night I figured out what clothes I have and still need for baby. Boy, you think you have a lot of stuff, but when you actually do an 'inventory' of it all, some sizes have nothing in a certain category or don't have warm enough clothing. :dohh:

Robyn - I think they want you to retake the glucose test because it gets harder for your body to manage sugars as the pregnancy progresses and being that you are having twins, it's probably just a safety precaution to make sure GD doesn't creep up. That stuff made me sick too, but hang in there, better to be on the safe side. :hugs:

Allie - I think when it comes to infant mattresses, you always want one that feels firm. Here is a good guide I read about mattresses (though we haven't bought one yet): https://www.babycenter.com/0_how-to-buy-a-crib-mattress_1479.bc

@bumphope, the recliner sounds gorgeous! I really wanted something like that but i haven't seen any in England that i like! As for me, i've got the worst cold in the world at the moment. I had to leave work early :( I'm so UNCOMFORTABLE!! SO now at night, i sneeze, which makes me get up and pee, then i yawn which makes me cough, which makes me sneeze , which makes me get up and pee......and so it goes on!

What are you girls most looking forward to doing/eating/drinking (!) after we finally give birth?

For me it's got to be Parma Ham, camembert cheese and red wine..YUM! You guys?

@bumphope, the recliner sounds gorgeous! I really wanted something like that but i haven't seen any in England that i like! As for me, i've got the worst cold in the world at the moment. I had to leave work early :( I'm so UNCOMFORTABLE!! SO now at night, i sneeze, which makes me get up and pee, then i yawn which makes me cough, which makes me sneeze , which makes me get up and pee......and so it goes on!

What are you girls most looking forward to doing/eating/drinking (!) after we finally give birth?

For me it's got to be Parma Ham, camembert cheese and red wine..YUM! You guys?

Aw Sparkle, sorry to hear you are so uncomfortable. I feel gross as well...I'm always hot (pre-pregnancy I was always cold!) and for the past few days I cannot breathe through my nose! :wacko: UGH! I hate breathing through my mouth!! As for food...boy oh boy, I'm looking forward to eating so many things. The GD really limits me on all the stuff I would love to shove down my throat right about now. I definitely miss my sweets since getting GD but I also can't wait to be able to eat whatever cheese I want too. I told DH the other day that he'd better have a snickers candy bar and reeses peanut butter cups ready for me at the hospital after I give birth. :haha: I would love a glass of wine too or a margarita! But I think it will be a while after giving birth before I get back into enjoying an occasional drink because I think alcohol can get into your breast milk so if you want to drink it, you have to time it so that it's out of your system before you breastfeed. Or I guess you could pump before drinking alcohol so you don't have to wait for it to get out of your system? :shrug:

For those of you who already have kids, do you pump breast milk? If so, how soon after birth can you do that? I think I read somewhere that the milk needs time to get established but not sure how long that would be. I guess this is a good question for the instructor at the breastfeeding class I'll be taking in a few weeks. :winkwink:

LOL! I know what you mean about the cheese!!

Yeah you're right, i think we'll have to wait for that first drink! You do as far as i remember have to wait for the milk to get established. I've got my eyes on a double breast pump this time, and definitely an electric one!

My cousin lent me her Medela Lactina pump, she swears by it. I'll just have to buy a new kit for it. I am so grateful for all the hand-me-downs because I most likely would not splurge on a pricey pump. Hope your cold is getting better, Sparkle!

Urrrghhh, this cold has actually got worse :( Didn't think it was possible, i'm already sick of gargling salt water and drinking honey and lemon! I'm hibernating at my mums while OH is at work, probably going to have to take tomorrow off as well.....

Hello girls.

Back from my holiday in Portugal and it was luuuuurrrvely. Just so relaxing. We ddidnt do much - just hung out at our villa and in the pool. It was in the middle of nowehere so very peaceful.. Really hot though - about 34c everyday so i spent most of the day in the shade. Oh I want to go back!!!

No problems flying- I had a note form the docs but it wasnt checked once.. Oh I'll tell you what was good.. We were in a supermarket and queuing up to pay at the checkout and I got moved to the front of the queue as I was pregenant.. I hadnt seen the sign ut pregnant women and those with kids get fast tracked! How good is that! would never work over here! I got the train to work yesterday and no one offered me a seat. Was stood for 40mins!

We had a 4d scan on Monday.. It was incredible. I cant believe how clear it was and we also got a 10min DVD of it! Ive attached a scan pic for you! Now this may sound awful..

Question for UK girls - Ive not had a gestational diabetes test.. Have you girls all had one.. Do you know why you did? Im so unimpressed with my hospital and midwife.. i was just told not everyone gets one!

Sxx

PS- Sparkle - Hope your cold is getting better
For me I want to drink wine, eat goats cheese and go for a run! Im sure I'll have no energy for the latter though.. and probably also the wine!

Attachments

• 4D_30b.jpg
    4D_30b.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 4D_4bJPG.jpg
    4D_4bJPG.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 1
:wave: hi ladies :)

Wow!! Sarah how cute is your baby!! Can't believe only 9/10 weeks to go! I'm so jealous of your time away. I'd kill for a holiday now! My cold is getting better :) thank god!

Only 5 weeks til maternity leave starts! Bring it on!

I wonder which one of us will have baby first! So many people I know have been early.. I used to always think babies came late!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->