November 29th Due Date - I need a buddy!

Omg, I am so grateful we found out baby is a boy ahead of time otherwise we would be so screwed with names if we had to decide on the spot!! :dohh: Indian boy names are so hard. :wacko: We have family kids names Aarav and Isha so your two suggestions are a bit too close to those, otherwise we do like those names. DH likes Krish, I like Dhilan. DH thinks Dhilan is too american as people will without a doubt say "dylan"...which is perfectly fine with me. We also like Milan but people will without a doubt say it like the city in Italy. I suppose we could spell it Millan but I'm not sold on it. Krish is easy but i just don't like how it rolls off my tongue. Krishan is another option but people may pronounce it kri-SHAWN which is icky. So many issues with boy names!!!! My girl name is Naiya. We are definitely using it if we ever have a girl!! Other names I like (more family kids with these names) are Asha and Mila and Diya and Gia. Hehe...I guess our family likes short girl names that end in "A". :winkwink:

Other boy name I like is Keshav & Madhav. My friends kids are named those and they are the cutest :)! I think they are just easy to pronounce. I have a Srilankan friend who is name Dhilan but his is spelled Dhillan. I agree, boy names are HARD..more so than girl names.

I like Keshav too...have an uncle with that name though!! :wacko: This is what happens when you have a large family...all the names are taken. :wink:

ALLIE!! He is a doll! I love the pic where he has his hands on his blanket.. awww! You lucky mommy! Lots of love to you and your new family. Hope you are feeling great!

Thanks ladies!!!

Here is my birth story

https://www.babyandbump.com/birth-s...803866-alistair-here-traumatic-induction.html

Alistair is doing well but he does have jaundice. We are having to supplement myh breast milk with formula and wake him every 3 hours for a big feeding as he doesn't wake on his own....the jaundice makes him sleepy. We've had to take him in every day to get his bilirubin levels checked and they ARE going down which is wonderful...he didn't need to go under the lights or anything.

I just love Alistair so much. I can't believe one week ago he was inside me!! It's really surreal...the movements he makes now remind me so much of his kicking inside the womb! He is the same baby...it's so crazy. He also gets the hiccups and they are just like they were in utero. So adorable.

I haven't read back....is anyone in labor yet? :haha:

Hi Desi! I have waited until today to COMPLAIN my butt off!! Im MISERABLE today!! I can not get comfortable.. laying, standing, sitting.. a bath. NOTHING. I feel like something is definitely going on. I get induced on Monday.. so I dont have much longer to wait it out.. I was hoping Id go on my own before Monday, but if I dont, I will be okay too.. Anyway, HOW are you?? How is everyone? We are almost there mommies! :)

Allie,
Haven't read through your story yet but will do so soon! Sarah I think was in labor? She hasn't updated which makes me think she went to the hospital. Can't wait for her to get back to us.

Lucky, I cannot seem to sleep well..I am up right now and its about 1:00 a.m. over here!! Everything down from my belly button seems to be hurting at the moment. So yeah, hurts to walk!! But I did clean up the kitchen a bit today. Finally found/made some space in the cabinets for the baby things, bottles, breast pump equipment and what not. Returned a whole bunch of things in Target today that we got doubles/things we don't need from people. Made me happy to get all those $$$ on the gift card although if I think about it one diaper/formula trip and I will those all that money up!

Are any of you planning for Thanksgiving? I keep thinking we will either be in the hospital or be home with a few days old baby so haven't planned anything but then I keep thinking "What if I am still pregnant?"! huh!

Hi girls.

I've had a beautiful baby girl! She's gorgeous!! Born 19th November. Afraid undecided on name still as I was so convinced we were having a boy! But were thinking Ottalie which would be Tilly for short.*

Labour experience was rather traumatic also - will fill you in later but in summary I had every intervention going ending with an emergency c section. So very sore now and be in hospital a few days. Can't really even stand up. Baby was 9lb4 and posterior - they said there's no way this baby could come out without c section... Unfortunately that wasnt worked out til I was fully dilated 15 hrs into labour!*

Will write more when I've more energy!! But hope the rest if you doing well.
Allie- you're birth story is fascinating / shocking. Mine kind of similar so know what u went through. Wish I'd been able to push her out.*

Sxx

Yippieee! Congrats Sarah! Ottalie is a nice name! Post a pic when you can.

I am sorry you had a pretty traumatic birth.....I am sure a C-section is not what anyone dreams of when they think of birth but I am sure in due time you won't even care how she came out! Over 9lbs is a pretty big baby so I can imagine why they thought you would not have been able to push it out. Did they estimate the baby to get big?

I have to admit though reading through birth stories is making a tad bit nervous for my own experience!!!

It is Lucky's day tomorrow. Lucky, post as soon as you can ;)!

Allie - what a champ!! I can't believe how things went but in the end it is amazing that the baby never showed any signs of distress! Hope you are feeling less sore and are enjoying your first few days at home. :hugs:

Sarah - congrats! A baby girl...this thread is littered with girls! ;) Hope you and baby girl are doing well. :hugs:

Lucky - good luck today!!!!

As for me, I have been a bit nervous ever since reading these birth stories! :blush: Today I woke up in a bit of a panic wondering when this baby is going to come?!? I just have a feeling I'm going to need an induction AND that my cervix won't be optimal so I'll need the ripening gel too. *sigh* We'll see what the doc says about my cervix at Wednesday's appt. We'll book an induction date on Wed too. Hope I can shake this anxiety by then.

Bumphope,
I am in the same boat as you! A few weeks ago (at 34 weeks) when EVERYONE took one look at me and told me I would have this baby way way way earlier than the due date, I hoped and prayed for this baby to stay in until at least 38 weeks and now I am worried that she won't want to come out and that I will need an induction and who knows where that will put me at!! Gah!!! I am just so worried. To make matters worse, my dr. isn't even going to be there at my appt tomorrow, I am just seeing the Nurse Practitioner. I am not sure if she will ask us to set up an induction date or if she will want the dr. to come back next week!

Also, how was your cervix at your last appt? And dilation? Last Tue I was the same as the week before - 50% effaced, 1 cm dilated.

Desi - I was 1cm and 50%, which doesn't give me much hope. My cervix was also high up which made the exam highly unpleasant! :blush: was your cervix at least low? That is better than being high up. So I feel like I have a long ways to go. :( at the hospital, I will have to use whatever docs are on call which is another thing that is stressing me out a bit if I need an induction. I love my dr and wish she could be the one doing the induction.

Oh and by the way, by the looks of my belly now, its a wonder I don't just topple over...it is HUGE! The rest of me hasn't grown at all which just makes me look even crazier. I'm starting to get embarrassed going out!

Ahh..now I remember about the cervix. The exam was slightly unpleasant but the dr. didn't say anything about the cervix being high..I will ask the NP tomorrow. I am HOPING I dilated/effaced more. I have been getting constant BH all weekend long. The only good thing about the induction is that if they schedule it for next week for me, I will get my dr. since she will schedule it when she is working...that is the only +ve with an induction for me!! She is the most experienced at the practice and one of my friends who had a baby couple of weeks ago said she was stellar!

I was just looking at all my weekly prego shots and realized HOW different I looked in the beginning weeks :D! Here is a pic of me from last week..upload yours too :)!

Attachments

• Week38-7.jpg
    Week38-7.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 5
And, I just remembered that I'm supposed to be getting a sweep on wed! Ugh! Are u getting one, Desi?

Nope Dr. didn't even mention it. When I asked about stripping the membranes, she equated that to breaking water. I didn't use the term "sweep". I was thinking about using it tomorrow but not sure how the NP will interpret it....

Hi girls:
Back from hospital with my 2 day old daughter! She's doing well.

Would love your opinion on our name- Ottilie Louise. Do u like or think too different? And prefer the spelling Ottilie or Ottalie? I'm a bit scared to announce to wider world!

Hope you are all doing ok.

Lucky-thinking of you.

Sx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back