November 29th Due Date - I need a buddy!

Bumphope,
How are you doing/feeling?! I worked from home today and it felt SO GOOD! I got an extra 45 min of sleep(not sure if I call it sleep at all because I keep waking up every 30 min all night long) because I didn't have to get up and get ready! I am planning on doing WFH tomorrow too but I have go in for some interviews on Friday!

Sarah - I cannot believe you don't get seen again until 40 weeks. Here in the US you get seen every week in the last month of your pregnancy..a week seems too long for me so I cannot imagine what 2 weeks feels like...

We're here!!!

https://www.our365.com/NewbornPortraits/BabyDetail.aspx?birthid=e74fbc0f-c8f4-444e-99b1-69ee59e6be5e

We just got home today...birth story quite traumatic and i'm in soooooo much pain but hes worth it. I will post tomorrow when I'm not quite so delirious!

Allie - he's gorgeous! What a cutie!!! Ahhhhh!!! I really hope pain eases off for you soon and you're not too traumatised.

I still can't get my head round that Alastair was in your tummy 3 days ago looking so baby like. I'm Probably not making sense but I just find it so surreal that a proper looking full size baby is inside me right now!

Huge hugs and congrats Allie. 7lb 3- lovely size... Had they thought would be bigger cos of GD?

S xx

Sarah - I had the same thoughts as you! It is very surreal to think there is a FULL SIZE baby in there! CRAZY!!!

Oh Wow Allie!! He's beautiful! What a cute outfit too! You must be knackered! Look forward to hearing the full story! Congratulations and Well Done!! Xxx

Desi - I am feeling okay. The usual aches and pains. My pelvic bones are cracking all the time now! It is a really loud noise and I just expect to be in so much pain after a noise like that but luckily there's no pain. Without me mentioning it to my dr., she asked me if that was happening yet and that's a good sign. Interestingly, at last Thursday's NST, I had two contractions, 11 minutes apart. Then at Monday's NST, I had two contractions 10 minutes apart. And today...three contractions 4-6 minutes apart, about 1 minute each!! And today is the only time I think I'm starting to feel them. EEEKS!! I'm so exhausted that I don't know if I should try to frantically get a few last things together or just lie down and take it easy...?!?!

Sarah - I agree...cannot believe there is a full-on baby inside me! It will be so crazy to see what my baby looks like and whether he looks like me or DH or both!

Sparkle - How's everything going with Maya?

Oh we changed the spelling! It's now Mya!! She is amazing! I'm absolutely knackered though she's a complete night owl!! Sooo cute though! She's getting really big and we've now established a routine with her feeding. She's complete breast all day and then formula at night. Seems to be working well and I can now express 4 ounces in one go! It is very different having two kids though and we're having to give Kyra my eldest alot of attention. She's acting up a little bit but it's to be expected!

Sparkle - glad to hear thing are going so well with Mya! I am worried about not being able to establish a good schedule. Well actually, I'm probably nervous about everything as the birth gets closer and closer! :wacko:

So nearly there bumphope!! You'll be fine, everything just falls into place :) xx

Hi Girls,

So I'm sat at home trying to work out if I'm in labour! Been getting contractions over past few hours. Started with period pains yesterday and turned more intense today. Called hospital & they said it sounds like early labour- but in first pregnancys this could last for a couple of hours to a couple of days!

So I'm just keeping an eye on things. Theyve told me not to go in unless waters break or til contractions every 3-4 mins.

It's one of my best friends weddings tomorrow as well! Really want to know if I am in labour or if I could go!!

Hi Sarah!
It does sound like early labor. For one of my friends the mild contractions/period pains lasted for a day and then they intensified. Are the contractions coming regularly/irregularly. Are you timing them?!

It is so exciting. I cannot believe we are all SO VERY CLOSE!!!! Keep us updated. Here they ask us to follow the 511 rule - contractions 5 min apart, lasting at least 1 min long and last for an hour before we go to the hospital OR your water breaks!

Good luck..will be thinking about you!

How exciting Sarah!!! Yup, here it's the 511 rule. Even then I wonder if I will go in sooner because I'm nervous to wait until they are that close. Hehe. I have downloaded a free iPhone app to help keep track of the contractions. Mine from yesterday went away so must have been BH. :( I haven't felt BH until just this week!

Hey. Pretty sure this is it now! Just had a really painful one. Theyre about every 8-10 mins now. Hubby on his way home. Pain not that bad but they're starting to intensify! No pain in-between which is good & makes me think I'm imaging it... And then I get another one! I'm in bed trying to rest but they obviously keep disturbing me! Im still in shock & thinking this maybe false alarm?!

Running through in my head what I need for hospital!

So exciting!!! I think Lucky is getting induced soon too. Desi, you and I may be the last ones to pop! :wink:

Last night we started putting up our Christmas tree! :D a bit early, but we figure once baby comes there will be zero time. I really need to get a few last things done this weekend. Ugh, I just really want to lie around though with DH.

BumpHope - We were talking about the tree and decorations too! But we thought we would do it "with" the baby! But I might at least get the tree/other things out of the basement and may be just do ornaments with the baby :)!

Sarah - I think this is it for you! If you can feel them that strong, I am pretty sure there is no turning back now. One thing I keep thinking I will forget is the baby book! I am not sure if they do hand/foot prints there but make sure to get those home in some way form or fashion!

I feel this very intense pain between my legs when I walk...lower pelvic region..not sure if the baby has descended? I feel like this is the last few days for me!

BumpHope - Do you follow Bollywood? Have you heard about Aishwarya's baby? ;)

Hehe, yes I heard about her baby. :) That is goin to be one very good looking kid! ;)

By the way Desi, any suggestions for Indian boy names? DH and I are totally stuck. We want something modern and easy to pronounce (said like it's spelled). We both like two different names and don't like the other one's choice! :D

Yep! That baby will at least have one thing (may be two), good looking and rich :)!

DH and I were talking about boy names the other day. God forbid if this baby turns out to be a boy we are in TROUBLE!!! Two recent boy names I heard - Aaryav, Ishaan (actually TWO of my friends named their kid Ishaan)! I think the first one is sort of hard to say may be?! What are the names you have (if you don't mind me asking). We are STILL stuck on our girl name too! We are so indecisive! What was the girl name you had in mind when you thought you were having a girl? (only if you don't mind sharing) :p!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->