~~~November Sparklers 2010 mummies and daddies thread ~~~~

funny we used the same website :) I liked that they had lots od choice, how long did it take to arrive?

HB: Yes evan has pyjamas :haha:

Argh sorry to gatecrash i still cant sleep, is 4am here and i havent had wink. :( Im getting so sick of this

Evening all :wave: it feels ages since I last posted, although I have been reading every day, just not had a hand free to type!

Gemma I am so sorry to hear about your friend x

Kala I hope your hubby gets his job back.

Aw Shan, its a bummer when you can't sleep :hugs:

Sophie, I ordered that necklace for George too (at least I am sure it is that one) not got it yet. Was tempted by an anklet too. Might get one in the summer if he needs one. He is not showing any major signs of teething yet, but he is very dribbly!

Georgie weighs 10lb 12oz now and when he finishes this last pack of size 1 nappies I shall try him in big boy size 2's, lol. He is in a few of his smaller 0-3 month clothes now too. I have really noticed him change these last couple of weeks. He is much more alert, and has to be upright or he really whinges. We got him a Jumperoo but as he is really quite tiny still, his little body doesn't fill the seat at all and he sort of falls sideways :haha:

I can't wait to start buying Georgie his summer clothes.

Summer clothes.... Hennes, lovely and plain polo t-shirts in btight colours, ordered a few today £2.99 each, bargain I thought x

I've posted this in my journal but thought I'd share it with you guys too as I'm quite pleased with how it turned out. Totally knackered now though! https://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff73/pinklizzy_photo/015-2-1.jpg

I've posted this in my journal but thought I'd share it with you guys too as I'm quite pleased with how it turned out. Totally knackered now though! https://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff73/pinklizzy_photo/015-2-1.jpg

S'cuse the language but FRIGGING WOW WEE!!! Did you freehand that? Its amazing :) (ok over the top there but I really do like it lol)

Do those Amber necklaces actually work? Might get Megan one if I hear some good reports. Shes not teething yet but I have heard they can be used for 'healing' or something!?

I think I have just eaten my weight in sugar lol. Seriously I had a whole bar of melted down galaxy with meringe, orange pieces and milk lol

well pixie had her amber anklet on all morning - i took it off this afternoon, popped out and she was chewing on my mum like nothing on earth. don't really know if that's just coincidence or not but hey! she's got it back on now and is snoozing just the thing and not drooling for once :thumbup:

Thanks Kayley, I sketched it out with chalk last night then painted it in today.
I've been looking into the amber necklaces too as Erin seems to be drooling and chewing her hands a lot over the last few days. Good that it seems to be working for Pixie!

your not gatecrashing ya donut :)

Is it the hormones? :hugs:

Yeh ever since i stopped breast feeding i cannot sleep....at least during the weekend when my DH is home i can catch up during the day but when he is not here during the week im turning into a monster and just not coping. I dont think there is much i can do but ride it out :(

That is the cutest, looks amazing, i love it x

Thanks Kayley, I sketched it out with chalk last night then painted it in today.
I've been looking into the amber necklaces too as Erin seems to be drooling and chewing her hands a lot over the last few days. Good that it seems to be working for Pixie!

You sketched this out and hand painted it?? :shrug: why arent i that talented!! :dohh:

:hugs: Shan.

Completely off topic, but has anyone heard from MissMammatobe (Raphi's mum)...haven't seen her post in here for agessssssssss??

My poor baby has nappy rash for the very first time, she seems to be having dirty nappies lots, and it has made her just a little sore, so lots of nappy free time and sudocream for us...

What are you meant to do with a baby that really doesn't like tummy time?...will it hinder her learning to roll over etc?

Megan had nappy rash when she was about 2 weeks old, looked so sore and she didn't really like being without a nappy! I had a nappy off her for at least 10 minutes every day and bepanthan was our best friend! Cleared up quickly thankfully.

Megan also doesn't like tummy time too much but I don't remember putting Alysha on her belly that often and she managed to roll over just fine lol. I guess they reach these milestones in their own time anyway!

I'm exhausted, think its going to be an early night for me!

I have used sudocream on her since day one...but have some bepanthan, so will attempt to clear it up with that, thanks Kayley :thumbup: The only time I remember Reagan getting nappy rash was when she was teething, maybe added to the constant drooling and biting down on anything close to her mouth, constantly chomping on her hands, the nappy rash is the beginning of Amber teething :shrug:

5 years between kiddos and I feel like a new mum all over again!! :haha:

I know what you mean! There is 6 and a half years between my 2 and it all feels so new to me again lol.

I have finally set up a diary if anybody is interested!? Not much in it yet though LOL. See link below my tag.

Right def n'nights time now. Night ladies x

I am going to paint a hungry Caterpillar on Evan's wall. Lizzy what paint did you use, I was just gonna buy poster paint :haha: I am not remotely artistic, my art teacher told me NOT to take GCSE art :rofl:

Dani, I have seen her post around the forum :)

I wouldn't worry about tummy time Dani, Evan also hated it but the past few weeks he's been great on his tum! Since he has been able to hold his head up mostly!

My neice hated it and it hasn't done her any harm, it doesn't mean a baby won't crawl or roll over. No matter what those HV's said. Could you lean her on a rolled up blanket?

Hope her bum heals :hugs:

:hugs: Shan.

Completely off topic, but has anyone heard from MissMammatobe (Raphi's mum)...haven't seen her post in here for agessssssssss??

My poor baby has nappy rash for the very first time, she seems to be having dirty nappies lots, and it has made her just a little sore, so lots of nappy free time and sudocream for us...

What are you meant to do with a baby that really doesn't like tummy time?...will it hinder her learning to roll over etc?

I never really gave Eva tummy time because she hates it and I always figured she'll be ok but at my mothers group every other baby could lift their chest right off the floor and fully support themselves with straight arms and Eva can only just get her chin off lol but my nurse says that just do 10-15 lots of 1min tummy times a day if she hates it that much and to make it a habit like everytime you change her nappy flip her over for a minute or two, so she also said to just prop them up a little bit and put a neck pillow under their chest so they have a better view because they aren't straight against the floor, also if you dfo it when you change the nappy have it as no nappy time as well she said having babies with no nappy and on their tummy is fantastic for their crawling development.

I've done what she said and the change has been fantastic in only a week! The first few dats I had a pillow under her chest/armpit area as she really was just looking at the floor but her neck muscles have improved dramatically, she liftd her head very far off the floor now and she doesn't really hate tummy time anymore (providing I limit it under 5 minutes) and of course don't forget to put toys and lights in front so she had something to look at. Oh and I'm not doing anywhere near 10-15 lots of 1min.

Love love love

Lizzy, wow! That is fabby.

Aw Shan, hope you soon manage to get your sleep back on track. I couldn't sleep in 3rd tri and it was awful. It must be so much harder with a baby to look after.

Sophi is Hennes H&M?

Dani, poor Amber's bum :( Hope it clears up soon. George has been lucky so far and has had not so much as a bit of redness. I don't actually use a barrier cream on his bum, they said not to at my antenatal class unless you needed too. Should I be putting it on anyway? I have a HUGE pot of sudo cream just in case.

George hates tummy time too so I have not made him do any. I think I should try though so that will be my goal this week. He is a strong little fella and loves me holding his hands so he can pull himself up into a sitting position (with a little help of course).

He has just had an hours nap in his crib :happydance: and he did yesterday too. MAJOR achievement in our house, lol.

I wish Megan would have more than 5 mins nap during the day! Tips?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->