~~~November Sparklers 2010 mummies and daddies thread ~~~~

Sorry Jo, yeah H&M (Hennes is so old school!!)

Well I am fucking screwing. Got a letter from the tax office this moening to tell me they have reduced my tax code from 7something to 5something because I OWE them nearly £500 :( This means I am down about £40 a month as I have to repay it in the next year. IT also means they are taking about £36 tax from my SMP of not even £500.

What *******s!! I don't even know when this is from, I have only worked 15 months since finishing uni in 2009 and while at uni I had a PT job :(

Kayley I am not qualified to offer any tips as its only ever happened three times :rofl:

Sophie that is a bummer, would it be worth getting in touch with the benefits office to see if you can be topped up else where?

:nope: Bloody hell Soph...will you be able to manage okay?

Thanks for the advice ladies...she is okay on her tummy for about 5 minutes at a time, so guess that is okay, and her mat we have has a pillow thing for under her arms with teething rings attached, she is able to hold her head up well, and has done since birth...so she looks around...she just seems much more happier bouncing away in her noiser jumperoo than on her tummy :dohh: but when she comes out she wants to keep bouncing on my tummy, that in turn hurts after a while from the section and a fat chubby baby jumping on it!!

I bought some different nappies today, to see if that helps with the rash, I got a load of Pampers simply dry ones on offer (never been a fan of pampers)...so thought I would try some different ones today to see if that helps too, mum said to smother her in vaseline, does sudocream not have the same barrier effect?

Jo, if Georgie has always been okay I probably wouldn't worry until he is teething, which is when their poo/wee becomes more acidic...I just automatically started using it from birth....Go Georgie on the naps :happydance:

I know what you mean! There is 6 and a half years between my 2 and it all feels so new to me again lol.

I have finally set up a diary if anybody is interested!? Not much in it yet though LOL. See link below my tag.

Right def n'nights time now. Night ladies x

OMG - there is almost 18 years between my eldest and Leo and 8 and half between No2 and him!!

Yes, I AM mad :p

Going to look at your blog now :D

Jo xx

Soph, I work in payroll if I can help at all - do you know why you owe HMRC money? What was your tax code before and do you have anything like a company car or salary sacrifice?

Jo, I always used a barrier cream on my eldest two and then I learnt that you should only use it if their bum is sore other wise the barrier in it stops the wee from soaking into the nappy and therefore causing a rash - catch 22!!

Thanks to all those who gave tummy-time advice. Leo isnt too keen but I'm gonna put your ideas into practice :D

Jo xx

Hello all..
Soph, sorry about your tax issues :-( Wish I could help..
That giraffe is gorgeous!!! What a talented mommy!
As for tummy time, Addison hates it too and has hardly been on his tummy and the other day he just rolled over from back to tummy (11weeks old) so i dont think tummy time makes a huge difference, although maybe it will take a while for him to roll from tummy to back..
I find putting a fleece type blanket against his cheek helps him drift off for naps :)
No other news really, put him on the bottle last night so that I could put myslef on the bottle too and drank a whole bottle of wine.. was awesome.. and I smoked. even more awesome.. had a house warming with like 30 people at our house so wasnt loving the cleanup wthis morning!!!!!!!!!
Hope you are all having a happy weekend, sorry for those girls struggling a bit. I know how it feels when things seemingly never go right but then I look at my children and I realise things most certainly do :)

Two mornings in a row now I have gone to get Jaxon up, and he's been on his tummy! Had him on his back playing while I put clothes away, came back out and...he's on his tummy! Little stinker only does it when no one is watching! Im so proud of him!

Sorry about the tax issue Sophie. I hope things get sorted out soon.

Tummy time:

https://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l151/tigtag02/7048361e.jpg

Awww he looks adorable!

Megan is poorly again :( She's in her crib and I can hear her on the monitor coughing away in her sleep! :( I'm not too great myself, all bunged up but nose still running (could never work that one out!) I am exhausted aswell! Went to meet my family at this big shop today but I could't find it, ended up driving around in circles with the girls for an hour and a half, got so fed up I decided just to turn around and come home again!

Blah

this is my little doodle having tummy time :D

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v69/idontknowwhentoshutup/181610_10150130556430973_502310972_8300580_287595_n.jpg

Love all the tummy time pics :D

Here is Megan a few weeks ago now so she was only about 6 weeks

Attachments

• Megan 078.jpg
    Megan 078.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 2
pichi Pixie has fab head control on her tummy

kayley I LOVE the look on Megans face - it looks like she is saying "I'm watching you" ;)

Ahh I'll add Evan to the tummy time pics :haha: Spin and Explore pic to come tomorrow, he was on it earlier like wtf is this mum :rofl:

Attachments

• P1010606.jpg
    P1010606.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 1
Jo, no as yet I have no idea why I owe tax or even for which tax year it is relating to! My current tax code is 641L (or 647L) They have told me my tax code for next year would be 7 something but because i owe them to pay the difference it will be 5 something.

I have always been on PAYE, I just have a normal salary, no extras. I pay a student loan. I did some over time last year adding up to about £1000ish. I owe £490 which is quite alot?

Prior to that I worked part time while at uni, I earnt £50 so dunno what my actual salary was. I got payslips etc and again that was through PAYE.

I got a rebate about 2 years ago as I worked only from April to August.

When I started work after uni I only worked from Sept to April but never got a rebate (or applied for one) I got told my tax was re-adjusted although I never thought it was!

So I guess I just have to call them.

Could I have been one of those unlucky ones where HMRC messed up and some people owed and some people were owed?

From what you are telling me its one of two things:

1) HMRC messed up

or

2) You were never entitled to the rebate that they issued you previously.

I seriously doubt that its 2!!

I would ring them honey, if you have never been anything but normal PAYE with no extras then its impossible for you to owe them money unless your employer screwed up.

Call them as soon as you can, however, dont expect miracles straight away!! Rather than have local offices with highly trained staff HMRC now have a central call centre with a gaggle of staff who rarely know what they are talking about :wacko:

If I can help at all let me know :D

I am sure my rebate was nearer £700.

I think it might be my old employer. If so what can u do? It won't have been me that gained by paying less tax as I was on a set daily rate of £50 so they paid my tax iykwim??

They are friends of mine aswell :( I haven't worked there since august 2008!

I think that the first thing you need to do is find out which tax year the underpayment is supposed to be from and then "we" can take it from there :D

Gah just lost the reply!!

At one point I had 2 jobs, could be that? Don't u pay higher tax on a second job?

Ahhh fuck knows :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->