~~~November Sparklers 2010 mummies and daddies thread ~~~~

Happy 6 months Evan :happydance: :)wave: Sophie) keep us updated on the Follow on Milk and sleep saga as that would be interesting!

I am busy keeping a sleep log on George and he actually has more sleep than I thought he did (3hrs 40 min over the space of the day) and 9hrs 10 minutes at night. Shame it is in so many smallish chunks!

My cycle has still not returned either, I am so not complaining about that, lol.

Looks like it is going to be a sunny day here, whoo-hoo!

morning girls and happy 6 months Evan :hugs:

not sure why my cycles are doing - last month was 32 the month before was 28 don't have a clue what this month's is going to be so it's safe to say my 32 day cycle hasn't come back yet >___<

Happy 6 months to Evan!

Coco - I do a sleep and food chart now. Its surprised me how much sleep Kai has...but like George it's only in small chunks.

My cycle was back...then I had the depo injection and have now been bleeding for nearly 4 weeks...aargh ! Hopefully it'll settle down soon.

We've had a wonderful few days. Oh is off work til next Tuesday...the longest he's spent at home...ever! lol. Even when Kai was born he could only have a few days.

Friday Kai and i met kayley and the beautiful Megan for a walk in the sun .

Saturday we went for a walk and Kai went on a swing for the first time...he loved it!

Sunday we went to the cemetery to visit my dad...I like taking Kai as although he never met my dad I feel it Will be good for Kai to get to know him through me...makes sense in my head! Lol. Then we went for lunch in a New Forest pub.

Monday we went round Oh's Mum's and Kai went in their swimming pool...was a lovely day.

He's been so well behaved lately...it's like he's a different baby!
He started blowing raspberries last week...so funny!

Still weaning with a mixture of tw and blw....getting stuck on ideas for food though!

Going swimming today :)

Hope everyone is good :flower:

Thanks ladies, gosh it is scary how quick it has gone :D

Betheney, I am only feeding once a day really in the morning and maybe once in the night he has 3 bottles now (11am, 4pm and bedtime) but I got my period 4.5 months after he was born and I was still feeding full time apart from one bottle at night :( My first cycle was 21 days and this one is 28 (maybe 29) it's shit, so heavy and I have to take Evan swimming tomorrow eurgh!

Ok so he didn't sttn like I Thought *hoped* he would :haha: He woke up about 3 I think so I went in and gave him a cuddle and gave him a bit of boob as thought he might need it to tie him over til morning. Then by 5am he stired and then was screaming so had to go in and he's moved to the head of the cot legs hanging out the bars on his tummy :rofl: So I brought him in with me. But it is such an amazing change, almost overnight. Nothing different that I have done!! He is going to have follow on milk all day today :)

I have my home safety talk at 1pm :haha:

happy 6 months evan! im going to give libby follow on milk next box of milk and also change to the hipp good night milk for her last bottle :haha: xx

am your cycle is back? i feed eva 4 times a day and still have no cycle.... i want it tho because as soon as it comes i can have another baby.... insane i know.... but i don't want to stop BF just so i can have another baby i think that is a bit selfish of me i want to give Eva booby milk for at least 1 year

I want to feed Megan for a year now (was originally going to be 6 months!) however I'm really worried about going back to work full time and my milk drying up :s

Megan is absolutly refusing to take bottles! She won't have milk or juice or water or anything from a bottle!! I'm really stressing about it as I can't leave her if she doesnt take a bottle! Was going to take Alysha to the cinema on Saturday for her birthday but I can't leave Megan if she won't take a bottle! Also i know its a few months yet but if she won't take a bottle how on earth am I going to be able to leave her for work?

Happy 6 months to Evan!

Coco - I do a sleep and food chart now. Its surprised me how much sleep Kai has...but like George it's only in small chunks.

My cycle was back...then I had the depo injection and have now been bleeding for nearly 4 weeks...aargh ! Hopefully it'll settle down soon.

We've had a wonderful few days. Oh is off work til next Tuesday...the longest he's spent at home...ever! lol. Even when Kai was born he could only have a few days.

Friday Kai and i met kayley and the beautiful Megan for a walk in the sun .

Saturday we went for a walk and Kai went on a swing for the first time...he loved it!

Sunday we went to the cemetery to visit my dad...I like taking Kai as although he never met my dad I feel it Will be good for Kai to get to know him through me...makes sense in my head! Lol. Then we went for lunch in a New Forest pub.

Monday we went round Oh's Mum's and Kai went in their swimming pool...was a lovely day.

He's been so well behaved lately...it's like he's a different baby!
He started blowing raspberries last week...so funny!

Still weaning with a mixture of tw and blw....getting stuck on ideas for food though!

Going swimming today :)

Hope everyone is good :flower:

Kai is soooo cute! next time we meet - I want a cuddle! :D Was lovely to meet you both.

Where did you go swimming today? I took Megan to Romsey Rapids with my cousin and her son, they have a baby group there from 10am - you could come with us!? Megan loved it as they sing songs and stuff! :D

Naughty mummy gave Megan a fromage frais today - she LOVED it! Then she had 2 milky bar buttons which she also loved :D Need to wean her properly soon I think she is starting to get hungrier now!

Kayley I have also gone from just wanting to feed George for 6 months to wanting to do it for a year now. Unfortunately for me I have had to mix feed from when he was just a few weeks old (would have loved to EBF) but the plus side of that is he is happy to take a bottle and he is now thriving, which he wasn't on my boobies alone. Maybe you could try and slowly introduce having (expressed) milk in a cup?

I had George weighed yesterday and he now weighs 14lb 7oz! Go Georgie!

George is 6 months next Thursday, it has gone soooooooooooo fast. We have been introducing fingers of fruit and veg this last week ready to start weaning in earnest next week although after watching him eating this week I am actually now really scared of just giving him food (BLW stylee) and a small part of me now wants to mash it up and spoon feed him as he is still my little baby :haha: I never thought I would be saying that! I will see how it goes.

He had roasted sweet potato and carrots for dinner tonight and my oh my, what a mess. God help me when he starts eating proper meals like spag bol :haha:

Bed times are getting a little bit more settled as at least I can now have a few Georgie free time in teh evenings as he is going down at 7.30 most nights now. It is still pot luck how long he stays down for. Its a step in teh right direction.

Must take Georgie swimming, I am a bad mummy for not doing that yet.

Happy 6mths Evan!

Ok random thing for today. I had to go threw some "Breakthrough customer service training today" Apprently I was lacking in my NON-VERBAL skill of voice. So I had to learn how to use VOICE as a NON-VERBAL skill....

IM still trying to figure out how Voice is considerered Non-Verbal.....

Cocobelle - I was going to go down the blw route but feel the same as you! So we have also got a few jars in today (must get a liquidizer when I get paid!)

The thing with the bottles was that Megan was on combination feeding right from about 4 days old and she took to both really well, but all of a sudden a few weeks ago she started to point blank refuse bottles! We have tried several times but she just refuses, she will scream and cry until I give in and give her booby! :s

What kind of cup can I use? I did buy her a cup but because she has to suck the juice out she won't do it!

we bought the TT cups but took the anti-spill bit out :) Pixie's not really to keen on it but she'll just have to get used to it

Happy 6mths Evan!

Ok random thing for today. I had to go threw some "Breakthrough customer service training today" Apprently I was lacking in my NON-VERBAL skill of voice. So I had to learn how to use VOICE as a NON-VERBAL skill....

PMSL - WTF!!??? What do you do Bartness?

Happy 6mths Evan!

PMSL - WTF!!??? What do you do Bartness?

I do tech support for McDonalds.

Well I do all about communication in my degree so am some what of an expert bartness and have never come accross non - verbal speaking... they is non verybals such as body language, eye contact, ect ect Im not sure whether tone of voice is a non verbal I would say that is definatly verbal...

loved uni today, my brain is getting used! Got involved in lots of healthcare related debates! :D

Gemma, thanks for your input. Iam happy to know i am not the only one who thinks voice is verbal! hehe.

I have been cracking jokes all day about the whole voice being a non-verbal skill. I honestly think this training backfired by giving me more ammo to mock this place with.....

What are you going to school for, what degree are you going for?

I have a double degree in Archeaology and Chinese Language and Culture....and no Im not using it...

im training to become a paediatric nurse im 2 years into it and got another year to go xx

Nursing is a good field to go into. There are always jobs for nursing opened up.

My OH actually wants me to go BACK to school for my nursing degree. Im just not so sure I would enjoy it...not fan of blood and stuff.

i think it works differently in the usa.. Im not sure I could go over as a peads nurse beause of this I think u have to train as an adult nurse x

I have an Associates Degree in Paraprofessional Education. It's not going to any use honestly. Just something that added another bill to my name. (loans)

Would like to go into some sort of medical field ad there are always jobs! Blllaaahhh.

I need a job. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->