~~~November Sparklers 2010 mummies and daddies thread ~~~~

GG Leo has also done this, did the cc last night and it took over 2 hrs for him to go to sleep, however I did cheat beacuse I couldnt leave him completley so sat patting him etc. Hv told me it was because they are very clever now and no that if they cry mummy comes and associate sleep with feeding! Felt horrible last night though, but he did then sleep until 8.20 this morning. I dont think i will do it again more likely just to give him his food. I have stopped Bf now and he is on a bottle and had about 17oz today and 3 meals.

i got it done :)

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v69/idontknowwhentoshutup/230844_10150234042565973_502310972_8990375_4037187_n-1.jpg​

yeh weezy im defo getting that she is very clever, something changed and she knows now I can feel it, the way she smirks when I come little bugger lugs...

I left her to cry tonight, she got so angry, but it doesnt upset me like it used to, I know now she is getting angry because im not coming, i went in picked her up till she stopped and told her "that this has got to stop" and then laughed because in know way will she have a clue what im going on about put her back down and she started again but not as angry so I just left her and she went to sleep in about 5 mins on her back.

beautiful pixie...cant wait to see them finished, was it painful there? I have a few tats but on foot, back, shoulder down and around my side and my hip oh and my wrist!

chuffed tonight! got student loan approved :D I already had it for second year but applied even though all the payments have been made as you can till july and I get all 3 payments at once next week :D nearly £2500 grand... I figure student debt is a lot better than cc debt and catalgoue debt so gonna pay stuff off and maybe have a little family holiday in august :D ohhh and get some books of course! I will owe 4 years back but meh il think about that later !

it wasn't too bad Gemma.

i'm sure our kiddies know what we're saying. i call Pixie a wee bugger when she does something and she just giggles at me!! lol

Oh wow Manda that is amazing :)

Lizzy - cook up and freeze stuff, seriously it may take an hour or so, but it is sooo much easier to get it out and zap it in the microwave when you want it! I cooked Evan about 15 meals last night (cheesy pasta, cod and courguette and tuna pasta sauce) It took me about 45 mins :thumbup:

Does anyone know where I can get a baby straight jacket? Evan goes to sleep before his head hits the pillow swadled in a blanket :D If onlt he liked it when he was a teeny bubs :dohh: He doesn't feed at night so need to stop the wakings somehow!!

He puked all over me before bed but I think it was cos his bottle was too soon after his dinner, he normally goes 1.5-2hrs after meals.

Lizzy, our meals and milk and approx 2 hours apart, thats just the way its worked out and works well:

BF feed - 6.30am
Brekkie - 8.30
Milk - 11-11.30
Lunch - 1.30
Milk -3.30
Dinner 6.30
bed bottle 7.30-8pm

ISH :haha:

Gemma I used to love student loan payday :D And yeah way better than a credit card x x

Im sad its mostly gonna go on bills :( but it means we can be more or less debt free when I leave uni especially wth next years loan too...

pl we go

7am milk about 30m -
8am bfast
nap 9am ish
11am milk
12pm lunch
1pm nap
3pm - milk
4pm - dinner
7pm - bottle
10pm bottle
3am bottle LOL

Thanks for the routines girls, it would still mean we can't go anywhere though as I don't drive so we have to leave enough time to walk to baby group etc.
I have frozen lots of different purees and meals, it's more the steaming of chunks of veg etc to give her as well.

Pixies routine is:

8am - bottle (4oz) with breakfast (fruit or cereal)
11:30am - lunch (veg and sometimes fruit or whatever) with a 4oz bottle
3pm - snack bottle of 4oz
4:30pm - tea (meat and veg) with another bottle of 3oz
7pm - bedtime bottle of 6oz

Take lunch with you :)

To be honest I am selfish and if food really doesn't fit in he doesn't have it (not often) but food isn't his main source yet so he doesn't care :D Like he never has brekkie when we go swimming as I don't want him puking and often he doesn't have lunch cos he has milk after then has a massive sleep!!

Soon enough she can have sandwiches so its much easier to eat when out :)

Oh I don't really steam veggie chunks god I am lazy, but that only takes 10 mins anyway, but I don't do it he has finger foods that don't need cooking :D

i use one of the annabell karmel microwave steamers - ready in 3mins, excellent :haha:

I don't cook/steam many of Leo's finger foods either but if I do it takes less than a minute in the microwave for a couple of baby sweetcorn for example (just in any old tuppaware dish) xx

He loves toast, crumpets, eggy bread xx all of which take no time to "cook" or I give him fruit or raw veg like peppers xx

Hope that helps xx

:wave: :flower: everyone xx

Can my lil man be added to the front page... born 25th November 7lb 2oz :)

Take lunch with you :)

To be honest I am selfish and if food really doesn't fit in he doesn't have it (not often) but food isn't his main source yet so he doesn't care :D Like he never has brekkie when we go swimming as I don't want him puking and often he doesn't have lunch cos he has milk after then has a massive sleep!!

Soon enough she can have sandwiches so its much easier to eat when out :)

We do this too! :lol:

When we go out, I take some snack type things, just to tide him over til bottle time. He loves the Hipp rusks, Organix crisp type things etc. I'm probably totally a bad mother for giving him stuff like that but it's all organic and no junk in it....does take me ages to do the shopping though, looking at all the labels!
I was in Tesco the other day and looking for fromage frais for Kai....turns out, the stuff aimed/marketed at kids has more sugar and crap in it than "normal" stuff. How is that even allowed?!

We don't really have a routine. He goes roughly 3-4 hours between bottles. Has between 20-26 oz of milk a day. I always feed him his food around 20 mins-30 mins after his bottle.
Still on purees, but with finger foods put on his tray too. He LOVES cucumber! :lol:

Does anyone have any recipes? I'm really struggling on what to give Kai for dinners now. I want him to start eating normal foods but not sure what. I'm a bit lost on this stage of the weaning stuff :blush:

My baby is now 6 months! Can't quite believe it. He's also teething...again. Nightmare baby!

We have a taster session of baby sensory next week....I'm so looking forward to it! Really want to do the whole term so going to get my form in sharpish for the summer term.

Hope everyone is good :)

Ugh. Worst mom EVER award goes to me. I won't explain because I don't want any negative comments to make me feel worse than I already do. But seriously? I messed up today. :( Bleh.

But on the plus side Maddy got reflux meds today. We start tonight. Fingers x'd

Silas no matter what you did you are not the worlds worst mom! You are a great mom, its obvious you adore Joseph and Maddy!

So I've been giving Jaxon some finger foods at dinner when OH and I eat (he usually has is purees before OH and I eat), he LOVES brocolli, Peppers, cheese, scallaped potatos, watermellon and bannanas. Though not much ends up in his mouth, most end up on the floor, but he has so much fun playing with it!

I agree Silas ur not a bad mum! so u made a mistake! everything is a learning curve and we are not perfect... it cant be that bad as im sure babies are unaware/have forgotte already x

oh and dont worry I give libby rusks and those crisp things they are fine as you say "no junk" although u do have to be careful with some rusks as they contain more sugar than a dohnut xx

Gossip Girly thanks for asking about Evas weight gain :)

Its been going pretty crap actually, i mean she is improving but its still not enough

2mo 5kgs
4mo 5.1kgs
5mo 5.2kgs
5.5mo 5.4kgs

And the nurse who kept saying that its fine and she's just small and not to sweat it did a total 360 and told me she insists i give at least 1 bottle a day :-( so after not doing it for a whole week i gave in and ended up in the formula isle at the super market which i just stood and cried in lol it was a very emotional day. But i'm fine now hubby gives her the bottle because i don't want to and we're cruising along fine. Next appt is 2 weeks after the last one which is in about 5 day.

LOVE

i got it done :)

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v69/idontknowwhentoshutup/230844_10150234042565973_502310972_8990375_4037187_n-1.jpg​

Pichi!!!! These are amazing!!! seriously!!! probably one of the best tattoos i've ever seen. I don't have any and don't want any. BUT THIS IS GORGEOUS!!! GREAT PICK!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->