~~~November Sparklers 2010 mummies and daddies thread ~~~~

Thank you :)

Awww i didn't know they did "lessons" for babies, although we would have taken him sooner but in the last couple of weeks settled down with his feeding lol

They should do weekends, im guessing the pool gets too busy thats why they don't, at least shes allowing you to take him in the holidays.

What kind of teacher are you ? like primary school ?

ETA: just seen the front page has times too, if you want William's its 9:47am :)

I am secondary teacher in Humanities (His, Geog and RE)

It took me 6 months to add most of those names so William's name and time will be added by the time he is one :rofl:

ah cool, Im a Nursery Nurse

Lol If i was updating the post, it would never get done, im so forgetful lol

Thanks AM :hugs:

Love the recipes, might have to try some xx Leo has only been weaning a week but he's like an old pro already and manages finger food ok although it's a lot of sucking and not much eating xx

Tonight however he has eaten two organix carrot sticks and half a strawberry xx lol xx

We are mixing TW & BLW and have introduced something new every day xx he loves sucking on raw peppers so I roasted some with some tomatoes and added some steamed fish and blended but he was gagging like mad xx I thought maybe I hadn't flaked the fish small enough but I tried it with some broccoli, cabbage and carrot purée I had made earlier in the week and he ate it all so it seems we don't like roast peppers xx

I never though of pasta xx am gonna try that though and keep it a little al dente xx

Leo loves swimming but we haven't been able to go for ages as I have bad eczema on my hands 

 to all

Jo xxx

PS That was very me me me xx my apologies xx

Oh Jo my hands are fucked! I don't have eczema but where I am constantly washing up and stuff they are so dry and horrid :(

I don't even know what flaking the fish meant so I just mixed it up and the cod all fell apart anyway lol. He loves the cod he had it again tonight. tuna tomorrow and I think I shall add some rice in too.

I found the recipe my ex hubbie used to make with lentils. It is called Lentil Kofte, google it it is soooo yum and excellent for the babies to eat :D

Well Evan is still asleep :happydance: Although I did find him screaming on his tummy half hour ago :dohh: but wrapping him up tight seems to make all the difference x

Soph you must make sure you keep your hands hydrated xx invest in a large pump action E45 and use it often [/lecture]

I'm loving the idea of a lentil dish so am now on my way to google xx

I meant to say in my earlier post that me and Leo have been going to baby sensory for weeks now and we love it xx I would highly recommend it xx

ak has a lovely lentil dish that is soo yummy that I have mad up and have some cubes in freeze.

AM im not sure, im trying to convince dan tbh he thinks we shouldnt be going away at all so the cheaper the better, although my dad has suggested my aunty's caravan which would hopefully be free!

Free caravans are good! I think you need a holiday WE ALL DO!!!!!!! We have been through alot this year :haha:

I am going to Sainsburys in a bit as my kettle broke so shall buy some handcream :)

Evan woke up with terrible nappy rash :( He was fine when he went to bed. He had had a poo but I changed him asap. He is red in his creases and his bum crack (sorry) is all red and spotty :( What could cause it to come up so quickly? I know teeth do and he had teeth probs last night as he was really crying and needed gel.

Jo, what are baby sensory classes like? what do you do in them?

Thanks everyone I'm going to give it a go.

bartness I hope all works out with OH.

I haven't taken Leo swimming yet but I really must.

GG we are going to Scarborough in 3 weeks, we got a camper but they do cottages and I looked for my sis and its £150 for a week.

Not sure how far that is away from you though. its Jacobs Mount if you want to have a look.

i take Eva swimming every Saturday and she loves it!!!! its for 3mo-6mo and its not a structured class or anything its just a whole lot of people with babies floating around the pool for an hour but there is one instructor there that just goes from person to person showing us different holds and things and any information we might want on babies in the pool and what to do, only $4 too for me, eva and hubby!!!

here are her swimming photos :) first half she's about 3.5mo second half she's 5.5mo

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150148217419468.332192.654784467&l=e4d6de215f

Baby sensory is great xx we do a singing and signing hello & goodbye song at each class and then every week has a different theme xx

There's bubbles and songs and musical instruments xx loads of visual stimulus and the props are great xx

I just hope I can go back to work the three days I want so I can continue with them xx

Hope you've had a word with the rest of your kitchen appliances Soph 

GG We went to Northumberland in 2009 and it was great xx we're doing Newquay this year xx

I wanna go back swimming 

OK. So I called in sick to work. Yesterday turned out to be fantastic. After OH got motivated we decided to go out to Detorit Lakes, MN for dinner on the lake. we didnt make it, as we decided to stop out at my parents house to see how my dad is doing (My mom is in Mexico with my aunts and uncles and cousins). There neighbors came over and I was given a Margarita on the rocks. Ended up having about 5 and then OH went and got me some Mikes Limaids and I drank all fo them....If you can say I was a tad bit drunk that was an understatement! We also sat around a bonfire and chatted!

I called in sick to work, I think I was still drunk at 5 am...no way I was going to be able to do much of anything. So, right now, OH is sleeping and Jaxon is playing on the floor.

hopefully today is a good day too!

Leo has gone again he's getting earlier each night!!! he goes down around 7 wakes at 4ish and then stays awake for hour or so and back to sleep til 7, just need to stop the hour or so wake. I have started to give him water at 4 for last few nights and have stopped bf all together so will see how he goes.

Bartness glad you ended up having a great day.

Happy mothers day to every one in th US. Hope you have all had a good one.

Hey ladies! A relaxed mommas day for me! (as relaxed as u can get with two under two neway lol) went grocery shopping.

About my post the other day ... I gave Maddy her first black eye and that's why I was so upset. Have never felt like such a crap mom. Still hurts me effecting I see it. :cry:

Ah well she can beat me u p later for payback.

Silas, Im sure the black eye was an accident, and Im sure she already forgot about it. Happy 6 months Maddy!!

I took a chunk of skin off Jaxon's nose a few weeks ago, felt horrible. But he only cried for a few minutes.

Im dragging ass today. Big time.

I got a house plant and card from Jaxon.

Happy Mothers Day Danielle and Kala!

Had a lovely lazy Sunday, George had his first lamb roast and LOVED the lamb. It must be his favourite thing of all so far.

Really fancy that Lentil Kofte, will look it up.

Night night x

Awww it's already so late over there!

Thanks Bartness! Hope ur having a lovely day! How is the weather over there? 86 here today. 90 tomorrow 92 Tuesday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->