~~~November Sparklers 2010 mummies and daddies thread ~~~~

oh and dont worry I give libby rusks and those crisp things they are fine as you say "no junk" although u do have to be careful with some rusks as they contain more sugar than a dohnut xx

I give these too :) He has rusks (little hipp ones) organix sweetcorn rings and carott stix and rice cakes :)

Ugh. Worst mom EVER award goes to me. I won't explain because I don't want any negative comments to make me feel worse than I already do. But seriously? I messed up today. :( Bleh.

But on the plus side Maddy got reflux meds today. We start tonight. Fingers x'd

You are a wonderful mummy :hugs: Did I tell u evan fell out the bed last week at my mums onto wood flooring :(

I don't cook/steam many of Leo's finger foods either but if I do it takes less than a minute in the microwave for a couple of baby sweetcorn for example (just in any old tuppaware dish) xx

He loves toast, crumpets, eggy bread xx all of which take no time to "cook" or I give him fruit or raw veg like peppers xx

Hope that helps xx

:wave: :flower: everyone xx

^^^^^^^6 we do this :) I miss u Jo :hugs:

Can my lil man be added to the front page... born 25th November 7lb 2oz :)

What's his name? I am going to update it now :D

Take lunch with you :)

To be honest I am selfish and if food really doesn't fit in he doesn't have it (not often) but food isn't his main source yet so he doesn't care :D Like he never has brekkie when we go swimming as I don't want him puking and often he doesn't have lunch cos he has milk after then has a massive sleep!!

Soon enough she can have sandwiches so its much easier to eat when out :)

We do this too! :lol:

When we go out, I take some snack type things, just to tide him over til bottle time. He loves the Hipp rusks, Organix crisp type things etc. I'm probably totally a bad mother for giving him stuff like that but it's all organic and no junk in it....does take me ages to do the shopping though, looking at all the labels!
I was in Tesco the other day and looking for fromage frais for Kai....turns out, the stuff aimed/marketed at kids has more sugar and crap in it than "normal" stuff. How is that even allowed?!

We don't really have a routine. He goes roughly 3-4 hours between bottles. Has between 20-26 oz of milk a day. I always feed him his food around 20 mins-30 mins after his bottle.
Still on purees, but with finger foods put on his tray too. He LOVES cucumber! :lol:

Does anyone have any recipes? I'm really struggling on what to give Kai for dinners now. I want him to start eating normal foods but not sure what. I'm a bit lost on this stage of the weaning stuff :blush:

My baby is now 6 months! Can't quite believe it. He's also teething...again. Nightmare baby!

We have a taster session of baby sensory next week....I'm so looking forward to it! Really want to do the whole term so going to get my form in sharpish for the summer term.

Hope everyone is good :)

Oooh sensory class sounds cool :)

I cooked up some dinners the other day, I'll post the recipes in a bit :)

We had a great night, as u know Evan has dropped his night feeds but still wakes up. Last night 12.30, 2.30 and 5.30 but the dummy worked :) I had good sleep so why do I feel rotten?

I had the worst nappy to change today, proper brown smelly poo made me heave :rofl:

We're just off into town to get an aqua pod...as modelled by Evan on Fb :lol: :-D

we need one too but they are so god damn expensive!

anyone any ideas for a cheap family break? its gonna be uk as lib hasnt got a passport? x

Get her a passport!! I need to do Evans as we are going away in 6 weeks :)

Come down to Hastings :D you can see me then, there are a few holiday park things round here, but no idea how much. Or you can stay at my flat while I am away :thumbup:

Aquapod is ok, he doesn't like it as much as the ergonomic support, but he's too big for that so tough! He does slip in it a bit as he's not totally steady when sitting but it is alright :)

Right the food I did the other day...

Cheesy pasta stars - https://www.annabelkarmel.com/recipes/babies-9-12-months/cheesy-pasta-stars

Cod with tomato and courguette (poach the cod in milk for 5 mins or so) fry onion, tinned tomatos and courguette (90g) stir in 2oz and cheddar cheese til it melts, then ad the cod then I mashed it with a masher.

Tomato and tuna pasta sauce - Fry the onion and garlic until soft, add chopped tomatos, tom puree, a little balsamic vinegar and some mixed herbs and cook for about 10 mins, then add the drained tuna and mix (I also added a laughing cow cheese melted in)

Red pepper dip - roast a small deseeded red pepper, fry a small onion until soft add pepper and onion to a deseeded tomato (or use tinned toms about 1/4 to half a tin) and mix in 7oz of soft cream cheese and blend it to make a dip. Use pepper, cucumber, bread, pitta or carrot to eat :)

Spag bol (my recipie so I eat this aswell) Fry an oinion, add the mince, tin of chopped toms, mushrooms, garlic, mixed herbs and tom puree (can add other veges like pepper and carotts if u want) I blended it just until it was a bit finer but not smooth. Serve with pasta (I have used fusili spirals) and just serve it on the try and let him dig in lol this is sooooo messy!

Ust that mince recipe to make lasagne too, I got heinz baby cheese sauce to go with it. I haven't made lasagne yet and Evan struggled to eat it at my dads a few weeks ago but he might be better now :D

Hartleys no sugar jelly is awesome Evan LOVES it :D

Evan has just had half a pitta, onion humous, red peppers and cucumber for lunch :thumbup:

Ugh...so my Mothers Day sunday will be spent working..so we were going to do Mothers Day today....

however, OH went out drinking last night and is in bed....probably will sleep all day.

which also brings me too, Im not getting anything for my first mothers day. OH says its just another commercialized thing, so he doesnt want to celebrate it.

I will be pissed off at him, if I dont get a card. All I want is my first Mothers Day to be acknowledged.

Just to make him feel bad Jaxon and I are planning on taking OH out for Prime Rib on Fathers Day....I shouldnt do anything though as its just a commericialize day that the retail business created to get more money out of the consumers.....

haha thanks am, will have a look!

bartness no offense but he is a bit of a knob, how old is he if u dont mind me asking?

libby is commando crawling haha so funny! going out with a meal with oh but have nothing to wear so just did a quick asda george dash and they have bot all in :( ergh so fed up with being a tramp!

yup agree with the knob statement. he sound's like an arrogant twat imo (sorry!)

thanks for the tattoo comments :)

I have to get some of those annabell karmel pasta stars... pixie is getting on great with 'bits' so we're introducing bigger lumbies and pasta haha

OH is six years older than me, coming in at 35 years.

He FINALLY got out of bed at 1230....not going to be doing anything today to celebrate now, he slept to late, and now jaxon is napping...so just as I had expected nothing.

Im kind of feeling down in the dumps today.

:hugs: It is so hard. the thing is he sounds so disrespectful and fucking lazy! Personally if it were me I'd pack up his things.. if he wants to stay he sorts himself out, if he wants to leave he pays maintencence to you and has Jaxon at certain times and has to get up early with him (and u get a little break lol) I know its not as easy as that... But you know what, I'm a single mum and it is (except I get no money or break!!)

Evening, Just a question everyone seems to be giving little one finger food and pasta etc, I havent given it Leo yet because thought it would be too big for him, are you pureeing it or just giving it them. And if just giving it to them are they coping ok with it. AM pita bread etc not even thought of it cause of choking does Evan eat much of it?

Gave him is puree chick and veg today and when we had our t i cut some of the veg up and put it on his tray most went on the floor and in his hair lol!! but he did eat some.

Sorry for all the Q's really want to give Leo more variety and larger food but not sure where to start.

for Pixie things like toast and pasta are fine. just cook the pasta a little and she gums it to death :p same with steamed carrots

35 and he goes on like that... needs to grow up a bit imo but he has good points as you obviously love him lots xx

libby manages most finger foods now too, have to be careful wth harder things and bit chunks with those little 2 teethies!

Weezy he is fine although he has been eating toast a while. He started by sucking it ti mush but now he is chewing so eating more. He does gag very very occasionally but the peice slips right out his mouth, it doesn't worry me now, he's learning :)

He has begun using hid hands in his mouth to help break bits up to eat :)

Danielle your OH sounds like a complete twunt. You may as well be a single mum as he does bugger all to help you. He has no idea how lucky he is :hugs:

LOVE the tats Manda. I have none myself, having my belly button pierced was bad enough :rofl:

Soph I WANT an aquapod now! No need to rush though as George is no where near sitting unsupported yet.

Those recipes sound yummy. George basically has the same meals as us now, including a nice bit of sirloin on the BBQ. He loved it and while there was no chance of him getting anything off (he has no teethies) he gave it a good sucking!

Its been a big day for Georgie. His crib has been packed up and his cot assembled. He is not in it though! I also swapped the carrycot for the seat on my Bug :( I LOVE it in pram mode so I was sad to pack it away but Georgie likes being up and about now so it was time to make the swap.

Hope everyone else is well x

Wow Evan was out of the carrycot by about 14 weeks :haha: Although he slept in it at my mums until a few weeks ago, but it was a tight squeeze! I loved pram mode too, it was awesome for the winter, although looking back I could have had him in the seat bit from birth as it lays flat.

Aqua no goog if he's not sitting, Evan still falls to the side although last night he stayed sitting playing with the ducks and bubbles.

I saw the photos of the steak lmao! Georgie is gorgeous and I think he looks like his big bro :)

I put the travel cot up today and filled it with play balls so Evan had fun in there. I also moved the highchair into the lounge which I prefer as we sit at the dining table but I have mushed up shit all on the carpet now :dohh:

Gemma what is your holiday budget and dates? I hav looked near me and there is a holiday park (caravan) and it's £299 for a week in June :D

Evening all... Reply to the post about lil man's name - its William :)

Anyone else taken there LO swimming yet ?? we took him the other day and omg im so pleased that he loved it :)

Aww I love the name William :) I'll add it to the front page :flower:

Evan has been having "lessons" for the past 10 weeks :) He totally loves it now and is really good in the water. We just have 2 sessions left and they are supposed to move into the nursery class which is weekly lessons till they can swim well, but as I am back to work I don't think he can do. Although our teacher is looking into seeing is we can drop in on the lessons on an adhoc basis (am a teacher so can take him in holidays) They should do lessons on the weekend though, it isn't fair!

I'll have to take him once a week myself if not to keep him used to the water x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->