~~~November Sparklers 2010 mummies and daddies thread ~~~~

Sophie, I am so pleased you both are getting on so well being back in your own home, it sounds like Evan is settling in really well.

DF, i have been meaning to thank you for inspiring me to want to take better photo's of Georgie after seeing so many gorgeous ones of your boys. I got a new DSLR for Christmas and while I have no clue how to use it on anything other than auto at the minute, I am determined to learn!

Glad to hear everyone else is doing well :wave:

AFM: I have my 6 week check this afternoon, a bit late but hey ho! Been thinking, has anyone heard from Happyhayley since she had her baby?

i had my 6 week check last week and nothing seemed to really happen at it :S

Gemma I couldn't have put it any better than Soph and Jo xx you're doing a fab job :hugs:

We all have our "I'm crap at this moments" xx it's normal xx I'm convinced Leo doesn't like me anymore because he fussed and faffs so much at the breast but will happily lug a bottle of EBM even though I know it's irrational for ne to think so.
Anyway, I have confiscated his dummy and bottle for the mo as I'm convinced he has nipple confusion and besides if hex not gonna like me it might as well be for a reason - lol xx

Jo - I don't think Haley has Internet connection anymore xx

Soph Evan sounds like he is settling in great :D

Pichi My 6 week check on Friday was rather uneventful too - I didn't even take my coat off xx

Jo xx

Bah! I shaved my legs for nothing then, thinking they would be checking scars and stuff :haha:

i expected that too - but nope... and i done the same as you! :haha: de-fuzzed my legs for nothing!

My 6 week check dr just looked at my scar and did my bp. On fact I hijacked Evans reflux appointment so I didn't have to go to drs twice :haha:

I am gonna register evan with my dr tomorrow. Dies anyone know if I book his 3 month jabs (due in 2 weeks :() or they get an apt sent?

Evan is cracked on my arm asleep and I'm under duvet on sofa!! Such a manic weekend I need a rest! Got things planned everyday this week!

Want to take him on the beach as it's just across the road but it's freezing and I left his new snowsuit at my mums :(

I've just noticed evan has cradlecap!! Never noticed it under his hair :haha: should I put anything on it?

I'm registering Pixie today because she has her jabs Wednesday :( ill find out for you AM :thumbup:

as for cradle cap - you get shampoo for that. we've been using it as she's got a slight bit on the top of her head... miss flakey as she's getting refered to :haha:

Soph I think it varies from surgery to surgery so check with them when you register him.
Baby oil is great for cradle cap :)

Well, Leo is feeding - he fussed and faffed but mummy won :rofl: - xx

Bah! I shaved my legs for nothing then, thinking they would be checking scars and stuff :haha:

thats odd i had mine a few weeks ago.. she gave me an update pap smear checked for scarring and to make sure things healed properly than she checked to make sure my cervix is closed and back to normal.. than discussed birth control options.. lol

Gemma :hugs: You are a brilliant mum from what I have read!! Some babies are just higher needs than others, some night's if Amber won't settle I have sat and thought to myself 'oh god, what have I done'...and then I have to remember that although it doesn't seem like it at the time, when you are over tired and frustrated...it does end, things do get better and easier eventually.

Soph...olive oil worked for us when Amber got cradle cap on her eyebrows :haha: I bet it feels great being at home?

FGS: :thumbup: to Leo feeding okay on booby!!!

Marinewife: I had to have a smear test last week too as mine was due up when I was pregnant, they did warn me the results may be inconclusive as new guidelines say a smear shouldn't be done until 3 months after birth to allow things to settle down.

Jo: :wave: they checked my scar at 6 week check up, so the de-fuzzing may not be in vain!!

AFM: I have a house full of lurgies...my poor little lady woke me up at 4am (Reagan) being sick, so a bath, hair wash and change of bed clothes later, hubby was then awake, so was Amber...fed Amber and she went back down, by then I was wide awake, finally drifted off and Reagan woke me up calling cos she had been sick again all over the clean bed sheets...my poor washing machine this morning :dohh: So I have hubby, who feels ill too now at home and Reagan isn't allowed back to school until she has been sickness clear for 24 hours, so that rules school out for her tomorrow aswell!!

yep stupid period on :( well didnt work for me that time for 8 months,

heres Alex :)
https://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk238/anneke1982/017-1.jpg
https://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk238/anneke1982/020-2.jpg

thats odd i had mine a few weeks ago.. she gave me an update pap smear checked for scarring and to make sure things healed properly than she checked to make sure my cervix is closed and back to normal.. than discussed birth control options.. lol

I was told i don't get a smear till i'm at least 12weeks PP

DF Alex is gorg! xx

At my 6 wk check I got my birth control inserted, so I had an exam and that was inserted as well. And then I talked to her for a while. So it wasn't just in and out ... :shrug:

If you all haven't noticed, Madelyn is two months old now! :happydance:
She is so gorgeous and funny. Her smile is amazing, and I just love it! Almost makes me want to have another! Just found out my friend is pregnant with her 2nd and I got all broody lol. :wacko:

you're not the only one that's broody. i wish we could start trying for another long before pixie is 1 but it would be silly if we did. ask me how im feeling in 6 months or so hah :haha:

Having found out I was pregnant when Joseph was just 4 months old I would recommend for anyone to wait until their LO is around 8 months to make that decision to have another. Had I been more careful I would not have had Madelyn because once Joseph got older I realized how much work being a parent really was, iykwim.

But honestly my OH and I have discussed that if we were close to millionaires we would have probably 6-8 children, but we definitely atleast have 4. :haha:

i'd like 3 but i'd like to be in a good position moneywise

well im not wtt anymore :cry: or a date anymore as me and hubby have decided that I need to finish my childrens nursing.. I was nearly finished my second yr and it would be silly to give it up so me and lib are moving to my mums back home in september and we are all going to commute when possible, dan coming up most weekends and move into a 1 bed flat to save on rent... I will have to restart my second year but 2 years isnt forever and It will be worth it for a better life for libby. Dan already has a well paid job but both our incomes once im qualified will mean we can live a nice comfy lifestyle and get a decent mortgage for a decent family home :) once im qualified Il get a job in Bolton Hospital as they have excellent childrens services which they are busy improving so hopefully they will want more staff when I qualify, but there are hospitals in the surrounding area anyway if not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->