~~~November Sparklers 2010 mummies and daddies thread ~~~~

Aw Gemma. :hugs:

This seems like a decent plan for a better future for Libby and other children. But can't imagine living apart from OH for a second. Best of luck to you all though! :)

GG- Dont be so hard on yourself my two elder kids had a dummy until they where 3 or 4 and they just gave it uo themselves then.

Anna glad all well now you home. and Evan settling well.

DF good to see you back alex is lovely.

AFM: I know I am tempting fete but Leo has slept through 3 nights in a row now, from btw 9 and 9.30 to 6.50am. Long may it continue.

Morning mummies :)

evan wouldn't settle between 9-12 for some reason. I still managed to cook a chilli, pit washing on and do washing up but had to run to bedroom every 20 mins or so to pop dummy in. Was my fault as we slept from 3pm til 6.30 :haha: he woke at 4.15 for feed (wish he'd drop that one) and went back to sleep. I can't bloody sleep tho :(

off to apply for ssmg later :)

need to try snd get some kip now!

Nice to see u weezy :) we are getting more settled! It's weird for me too being back!

Pixie woke at 5.30 and wouldn't nod off again in the cot so she ended up dosing in our bed till her feed at 7. Wish i could get her do the night without needing the dummy put in *sigh*

Pixie woke at 5.30 and wouldn't nod off again in the cot so she ended up dosing in our bed till her feed at 7. Wish i could get her do the night without needing the dummy put in *sigh*

Tough, isn't it. The baby whisperer suggests taking the dummy away at 3 months, apparently their sucking reflex is still quite strong until then, but they are still young enough not to form an emotional attachment to it. We give Stanley a dummy to help him drop off, but will stop offering it at 3 months. Maybe it's just a little too soon for Pixie. :flower:

Yeah. i've been reading the baby whisperer books - they're really quite good. that's what got me into writing Pixies daily activities etc... down so i can see her pattern. it was obvious that she's not all that active and quite a lazy baby when it comes down to it haha! we tried taking the dummy away now but she's using it as a soother rather than a prop so it's ok just now... wait till she is able to self soothe then ill attempt the stealing of the dummy again :haha:

i have an excel file that tells me how many hours she's slept, how many oz's she's had a day etc... :blush: any way to be organised really.

:happydance: my engagement ring is here :D it's so pretty :cloud9:

Wow, Pichi, I bow down to you! I did one of those logs for about the first 48 hours, but then gave up! I still write down what times he has fed and which side, but couldn't keep up with the other stuff. Well done!

Did we see a pic of your engagement ring already? I can't remember... Bet you just keep looking at it :happydance:

i don't think i posted a pic - i will do when i get time though :D i love it, so pretty.

and i've been doing the 'log' for around 2 weeks now... found it so handy because i can say "well on average she sleeps for around 15h a day" "she's most active ___" "she takes less food at night" etc...

haha i like to be organised and this is as close to organised as i can get with having little puddin'

In my insomniac moment last night I decided that a spreadsheet would be a good idea. So far today evan ha slept til 11.30 I've got him dressed and he's now in his swing.

I need to walk up to the doctors and jobcentre, eurgh can't be arsed!! Need motivation not to stay in and play all day :haha:

we did tummy time yesterday. Evan lasted about 3 minutes :haha:

pichi would love to see a pic of the ring!!

We did tummy time this morning. One minute he was doing his hilarious trying to crawl bit, the next he was snoring! Tummy time is hard work :haha:

i keep bleeding on and off. and my fanny stings sometimes. I dont know if thats normal or not. I stopped bleeding after william was a week old and stopped here at about 3 weeks old,. now I see small anounts of blood when I wipe, not period I dont think would be loads more if it was. Now its gone to like the tail end of period where its slight coloured discharge. piss off bleeding!

Aw DF, know what you mean! I got birth control in though, so that is why. But its so annoying because it comes and goes a lot. Bleh.

As for the logs, good job girls! I have enough trouble trying to remember what time it was that Madelyn ate last lol. Don't really have the time to keep a log, or refuse to make the time ... however you look at it!! Lol.

Madelyn got her shots yesterday. :( It was horrible, hated it. She has been pretty miserable (when she is not sleeping) ever since. Except this morning when we share some smiles. (Pictures on facebook) She was 8lbs 14.4oz and nearly 22in long. She is only in 10th percentile for weight, but doctor STILL doesn't want to put her on reflux meds. Wants to change her formula first, well that isn't going to happen for a while because we have no car and just got 6in of snow last night so no one is going to want to drive to take us around and get new formula. She wants to see her in a month and decide then whether to just go ahead and put her on reflux meds. I can deal with that for now, I have been dealing with it the last 2 months and I am getting rather used to it.

Forgot to share the great news with you ladies! I finally have a washer and dryer again! :D

Its not in the best shape, but it does the job and I am soooo happy. Just in time for the snow! No more laundry mats!! :happydance:

YAY for dryer!

DF: hope you're feeling a little better soon and the bleeding stops.

AFM: back from the hospital - Pixie's hips are normal :happydance: no more need for double nappies :D

Hinkybinky: Pixie is a tummy sleeper so she gets 'back time' haha

Fab new Pichi :happydance:

Silas, great news on washerdryer lol the shots are horrid aren't they :(

DF, I bled on/off for bloody ages. I'd think it had finished then I would have a bit more. Went on for about 6 weeks x

Scratch my happiness on washer and dryer. Dryer is not working! Hopefully OH can figure it out, who knows. Now have wet clothes and little apartment. Can't find a place for everything! BLEH.

yeh libby has back time too pichi.. im slacking on the "log" I must say..

had a busy day, got shopping delivered ect met up with a mum off netmums at a childrens centre with her 2 babas for coffee then came home as my friends from nct class came over with their baby - he is 2 weeks old, such a cutie pie. I was late home tho so they were sat outside as on my way home from coffee I realised id put dans work in the satnav and not home as they are both stored haha I was 12 miles down the m60 in the wrong direction :doh: with a screaming baby!

well logging off for today, oh libby slept till 3.30 then was really unsettled till around 5.30ish I think she had wind she seems to be painful farting again a lot lately grr and sick loads too all the time, im sure she has reflux and im contemplating changing her milk still but am reluctant to do so x

New pic of Madelyn :D

https://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs1385.snc4/163696_1818022692773_1306290029_2116676_2339969_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->