November Sparklers 2014....22 boys, 22 girls born! Please update us!

So it was definitely kidney stones. They only found one in the ultrasound though, so they're not sure if I was passing the stones or if there's one just hanging around in there. The on call OB was a jackass. He pissed me and my husband off. Even the nurse said he had horrible bedside manner

They're keeping me overnight. Pain is much better now, I was actually able to cut my dosage in half. Hopefully I'll be pain free and released in the morning! Just in time, because my "sprinkle" is at 2pm tomorrow.

Now waiting for my next dose of pain meds so I can go to sleep. I miss my daughter :(

Aww, I'm sorry it was a kidney stone but at least the pain is better, that's good. And I know how it is to miss your child, I hope you can get some rest and have a great sprinkle tomorrow.

Sorry to keep you all waiting! Collin David Philip Brennan decided to make an early appearance yesterday at 10:32am after 40 hrs of labor. My water broke wed afternoon at 4:30 pm. Since I was GBS positive I had to go straight to the hospital for iv antibiotics. Contractions didn't start until about 7pm. I labored for 20 hrs naturally using a lot of what we learned in our Bradley class. dh was a big help through it. They then checked me and I was only 4 cm dialated and we decided that pitocin should be started at the suggestion of our midwife. I then opted for an epidural at 1pm the next afternoon. I continued to labor slowly until I was finally fully dialated and ready to push at 7:00 am on 10/17. Collin was born vaginally at 10:32 am on 10/17. 8 lbs 6oz 19 1/2 in long.

Congrats geralyn! You guys must be over the moon...cant wait to see a pic of him...congrats again! Big baby as in weight..

Congratulations geralyn on the baby boy! Long labor! You're a trooper!

So it was definitely kidney stones. They only found one in the ultrasound though, so they're not sure if I was passing the stones or if there's one just hanging around in there. The on call OB was a jackass. He pissed me and my husband off. Even the nurse said he had horrible bedside manner

They're keeping me overnight. Pain is much better now, I was actually able to cut my dosage in half. Hopefully I'll be pain free and released in the morning! Just in time, because my "sprinkle" is at 2pm tomorrow.

Now waiting for my next dose of pain meds so I can go to sleep. I miss my daughter :(

Good to hear your not in as much pain. Sorry to hear your doc wasnt nice, is it worth while logging a complaint against him?

Sorry to keep you all waiting! Collin David Philip Brennan decided to make an early appearance yesterday at 10:32am after 40 hrs of labor. My water broke wed afternoon at 4:30 pm. Since I was GBS positive I had to go straight to the hospital for iv antibiotics. Contractions didn't start until about 7pm. I labored for 20 hrs naturally using a lot of what we learned in our Bradley class. dh was a big help through it. They then checked me and I was only 4 cm dialated and we decided that pitocin should be started at the suggestion of our midwife. I then opted for an epidural at 1pm the next afternoon. I continued to labor slowly until I was finally fully dialated and ready to push at 7:00 am on 10/17. Collin was born vaginally at 10:32 am on 10/17. 8 lbs 6oz 19 1/2 in long.

Big congratulations to you!

How is he doing? Have they tested him for any GBS?

Geralyn: Congrats On your baby boy and well done you for getting through it all!

Mariemo: hope you can be released soon. Sounds like a very painful experience :(

Thanks everyone! He's amazing! We're in love!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 18
Congrats ! He's super cute ! Congrats to you for going through a labour that long - way to go !

Hard to believe we already have 2 babies here and healthy !!

Mariemo: Hope you're feeling better and get to go home and see your daughter soon :)

Congratulations geralyn! He's adorable.

Mariemo sorry to hear you've been in so much pain, hopefully you'll be feeling well enough for your sprinkle now though

Hes cute geralyn!

Got pool up getting it a clean today :D birth box is all ready and sorted, has bag of supplies from hospital which when i looked through made me feel bit anxious probably because im not a fan of needles haha. Think i just need to buy few big towels for me and something to wear im sorted.
Trying to get hubby to dig out fairy lights to put up, thinking it would give the room a more relaxing effect.

Aww! Congrats, Geralyn! He is super cute! And congrats on making it through a 40 hour labor!! Egads! You kind of down played it, but I'm sure that wasn't fun. Haha. Good job, momma!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->