November Testing Party (cont. from October Testing Party thread) - Join Me!

I've not done a proper catch up girls, heading to work so just checking in. Lots of fab info there Bing! Sounds like an interesting day, and very helpful.

Nothing at all happening with me, waiting to O. FF says I'll be fertile from this week til next week. Starting OPKs on Wednesday I think! x

Ashxd / MJsBaby - welcome and GL to you both. :wave: I have you all added

MnG - remember everyone is different so I wouldn't worry too much if you don't have any symptoms. I hope hubbies MRI scan goes okay. What day is it this week? I'll be thinking of you.

J&J - your symptoms sound good. FX'd for you. Sorry but I have no idea about conceiving a boy. I think timing/food/positions has something to do with it.

Lou - the fertility was really good actually. I learnt a lot! I will do a separate post on it later. Sorry I have never taken vitex or Angus. Also sorry you were feeling fed up. I hope you feel better and get some answers soon.

Ronnie V - I hope your symptoms turn into something promising.

Bighouse - some hpt's are more sensitive than others. I think it usually says on the packet of the IC's what the sensitivity is. Sorry AF got you :hugs:

Rach - yah! I'm so happy for you! H&H 9 months! I don't know how you managed not going out if your mind waiting for that BFP!

Rockinghorse/gsm - sorry about your negative. Hopefully it's just too early.

Drjo - welcome :wave: I hope your cycles start to regulate soon!

Jules - nice to see you over here. I hope you and baby are well.

Yoga - I'm glad you had a good Halloween. Tail in the toilet is something I would do!

Eclaire - FX'd your symptoms are a good sign.

Miranda - FX'd for you.

Olive - I hope your symptoms are a good sign!

Turtle / laschai / wanting a girl - GL with testing today!

Xx

Yes I am hoping that it was too early. I don't think it was though. AF still hasn't started and was supposed to start on Friday. That could be because of stress with university and my mum. She hates me anyway, and she will hate me even more if I do get a BFP. Ah well... Haha.
Also Rach congratulations on your BFP! :)

Thanks Bing for tons of good info! Some good reminders, and I learned some new things too. Thanks for taking the time to type all that up!

I have to add my two cents though:

-when supplementing with vitamin C, don't use too much. Some studies shoe high doses of vitamin C can actually induce abortion (although the dose probably has to be very high, it is worth mentioning, since vitC supplements are cheap and easy to obtain, so it would be easy to overdose).

-mercury doesn't only come from uncooked fish/seafood. Cooking does not remove the mercury. So cooked fish can also contain a lot of mercury.

Very interesting, Bing! Unfortunately I have to track my temps every day but DH doesn't seem to mind. I am doing Chinese acupuncture and herbs for fertility and my acupuncturist uses my chart to determine where to poke me/what herbs to have me take.

So cool that you live in London. My DH was born just outside London and lived there until he was 5. He has family there and we've visited twice. I LOVE England. We went last year and visited the Lake District where my father-in-law is from and it was - as they say in England - "just lovely". When we were in England we went out to dinner at Rules and the Criterion - both so nice! And then we saw both of those restaurants on Downton Abbey and we were so excited that we had gone to them both. Anyway, I know that has nothing to do with babies, but thought I'd digress a bit :)

Hey hey now. Not all of us 20 something's are bad! I'm only 21 and I would never pull crap like that. Although my mom has been calling me middle aged since I was 15.. So I may not be the best example haha.

I guess I should have applied that specifically to 20 somethings in USA as you are my first Canadian buddy and I have no basis of comparison! I am 27 and I love to giggle and be goofy with the rest of you, so it's nice to meet someone I can enjoy hanging with (or at least internet chatting with). But since no one like you lives near me... lol

Drjo, sorry you're having to join us in November as well! I hope AF (or better yet, a bfp!) arrives for you soon! :hugs:

Rocking, no worries! I didn't think you seemed rude. :) So have you tested again yet?

Lou, anything at all on your end? Sorry you're feeling so fed up. I 100% don't blame you at all. :hugs:

Hi Jules! Happy to see you still following along with us! :)

Hi Yoga! Glad to hear you had such a fun week with Halloween! Love the costume idea and the tail in the toilet...too funny! And I'm glad to hear your freak out moment was actually a false alarm! :)

Bighouse, I'm sorry about the disappointment with your sister. :hugs: I know just what you mean, it's such a mixed bag of emotions. You're so happy for her, and at the same time you're just so frustrated on your end. Let it out, we're here if you need to vent!

MJs, welcome to the thread! :hi: Good luck to you, I hope this is your month! FX!

Bing, thanks for sharing all of those wonderful tips with us!!! I agree that some are just a good reminder for things that I have already heard, and some are completely new to me. I really appreciate you sharing those with us, and for taking the time to type them all out! You're the best! :thumbup:

Hi Loobs! :hi: Yay for (hopefully) a positive opk soon! Good luck!

Good luck to everyone else still in the long tww limbo! Sorry for those that are feeling out and/or getting bfn's, I really hope for some more good news soon! :)

Bing, thanks for the good luck with testing! I actually decided that I'm going to just wait it out this month and not test, I'm just waiting for AF to arrive instead. If she's late (which I don't expect her to be), then I'll test. I'm 13dpo today and I've been having a 12-13 day lp pretty consistently now. So I would expect to start today (12 day lp) or tomorrow (13 day lp). I'll give it to Thursday or Friday before I test, as that will put me at 16-17dpo (and I've never gone that long). I don't think that will be the case though!

Can you add or change my testing date to the 28th? Giving it another try this month...

Turtle - ive changed you to the 6th! :thumbup:

Bighouse - I've changed you to the 28th! :thumbup:

I really hope that witch stays away for you both!

Xx

Thanks Bing, I hope so too! I have already told DH that he is not allowed to travel at all in November unless it's at the very end. :winkwink: He was traveling in Sept and Oct. The Sept trip definitely fell over my fertile window, the Oct trip did too, but it was short enough I thought if we DTD before and after we would be covered. Guess not. When he was home, we did everything "by the book" (frequency, positions, OPK's, etc) so I don't think there is much more we can do this next cycle, other than no travel, and some stress reduction on my part. But that is easier said than done LOL.

Bing thanks so much for taking the time to share all of this great information with us. You are the best!

Afm, 3dpo and not much going on. With the exception of a really strange dream last night. In it I took a hpt at 3 dpo and was shocked to see a strong positive. I know that isn't really possible, so I did not test today. Just hoping it is a good sign from my subconscious.

Okay, I'm 4DPO and my left breast has secreted some colostrum! Is this normal for hormones? I gave up breast-feeding about 3 months ago now. Is this a good sign or a ''meh - it's nothing'' sign?

Can I play? I'm planning to test on the 5th of November. I tested last night and got a :bfn: but I'm hoping it's just too early. I was 11dpo yesterday.

I have a gut feeling that I'm not pregnant, though. :cry: But it's only our first cycle trying.

Wow Rach! That line is great and progressing nicely!!! Are you sure of when you ovulated, wish I could get myself a late BFP!!!

i used opks for the first time this month, never got a line as dark as the control, but the darkest line I got was oct 9th, so assuming OVed on Oct 10th. Period was due oct 23rd. And babykins just decided to make his HPT debut on Nov 2nd. Hoping you get a fashionably late bean too!!!

Rach did you continue to do opks after the one that you figured was positive? Because it is possible you ovulated a week later and you stopped using opks too early in the cycle. Not that it matters too much, your first scan will determine the approximate age of the fetus. I am really happy for you.

Pretty sure I'm out this month. Started bleeding this morning. Not heavy yet but I'm sure it will pick up over the next day or so. Oh well. There's always December. Since my next ovulation will be December 1st haha.

Miss I have heard leaking colostrum is a good sign of pregnancy. But since you recently stopped bfing and you are still too early in your tww for implantation, I don't know if I would consider it a pregnancy symptom. I hope I am wrong and this is just the start of good things to come.

I'm curious if anyone has every felt like they were having a hard time breathing? I thought it was possibly anxiety but I've never had anxiety and don't feel worried or stressed - just impatient about this TWW. For the past two days it has felt like I just can't get enough air in, or I'm just really aware of the need to breath (does that make sense) I keep taking big deep breaths and I feel better for a minute and then need to take another one. Anyway, I started using Dr. Google and found this:

Progesterone has a very interesting direct action on the mother's respiratory center (medulla oblongata).
It increases sensitivity to carbon dioxide. To say it another way: The respiratory center can't tolerate the usual amount of carbon dioxide in the blood. This accounts for the feeling of shortness of breath, dyspnea, or heightened awareness of the need to breathe reported by many pregnant women. The pregnant woman is actually forced to hyperventilate, and "blow off" more carbon dioxide than she normally would. As a result, the removal of carbon dioxide from the fetus's bloodstream is facilitated!

I thought that it would only make sense to be short of breath later in pregnancy but this says it can be right from implantation.

I don't feel like I have any other symptoms. I had some mild cramping and twitches or pokes two days ago but now nothing and that could have just been gas.

I try not to read too much into things/symptoms...if I'm not preggo then perhaps I should be going to the doc!

This will be a way TMI share but I went to feel my cervix to check how low I teas because yesterday it was soft but high and I pulled a probably inch long blood clot out. No idea what's going on. :/

Miss I have heard leaking colostrum is a good sign of pregnancy. But since you recently stopped bfing and you are still too early in your tww for implantation, I don't know if I would consider it a pregnancy symptom. I hope I am wrong and this is just the start of good things to come.

Absolutely, still too early - however can't help but think I have been completely dry for at least 3 months now, why the sudden leak? Find out soon enough I guess :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->