Occasionally Psycho (But Ridiculously Amazing TTC'ers) - PMA Not Required!

Went to ER last night, and DR was very nice. Had a ton of tests done. Pelvic, blood work, urine, and ultrasound. When he did my pelvic he said there was a bit of blood, but nothing too major. He said the cervix was closed.

They tested my urine for a UTI, and it came back fine. He then tested my HCG level, and it was 4156. I also received a Rhogam shot because I am Rh negative.

He offered me an ultrasound, and I took the offer because I thought it would make me feel better, but it actually made things MUCH worse. After I got the results back, he told me that the baby is measuring small. 5w4d. They could not see a yolk sac, or a fetal pole. Only the gestational sac. Also, the gestational sac is implanted VERY high, and to the right, and it made it difficult to see on the ultrasound, so they couldn't rule out ectopic pregnancy.

I was instructed to go to my OB tomorrow and have my HCG levels retested. In my discharge papers it says "possible miscarriage, ectopic pregnancy not ruled out". I was officially released with a diagnosis of a "threatened miscarriage".

I am terrified of my DR appt tomorrow. And I am guessing I will have to wait until Monday of next week to know anything since it will be the weekend. I don't really know what tot think. I am hoping that I am just not as far along as I thought....but I'm not super optimistic.

Still no cramping of any kind, but am still having VERY VERY light spotting.

Sanrio, you were a little unsure of the due date like I was in the beginning. According to my period I should be due around November 23rd, but I think I'm actually due more like December 3rd because I ovulate late to begin with and this month was later than usual. We found out at about the same time. I'm currently about 5 weeks 2 days. I truley believe you are just not as far along as you had thought. Sending lots of prayers your way!

Oh, and my sister in law also had light spotting during her pregnancy. Everything was completely fine, she now has a healthy 4 month old baby :)

Thanks so much everyone. Coming here and reading all of these supportive comments really helps me keep my head up a bit. I had a good cry a little bit ago, that is for sure. I am beyond stressed about it all. I have a DR app tomorrow with my OB at 2pm. I know they will draw more blood and send it out for tests. It is going to be the longest weekend of my life I think.

I am still spotting very lightly as of now. It is there when I wipe, but still not enough to get on my panties. No cramping, so that is a good sign. I have noticed my lack of preg symptoms today though. I havent eaten anything just yet, and I dont really feel hungry. That could be stress though. I also dont think my boobs hurt as badly as they did before.... I hope its all in my head.

And yeah, I did go by my LMP date. I wasnt sure of exact day of O because I decided not to chart last month, so I just went by that date. I went by my LMP with all of my previous pregnancies, and never had this issue, so not really sure what to think just yet. I would feel much better if the bleeding would stop.

Thanks so much everyone. Coming here and reading all of these supportive comments really helps me keep my head up a bit. I had a good cry a little bit ago, that is for sure. I am beyond stressed about it all. I have a DR app tomorrow with my OB at 2pm. I know they will draw more blood and send it out for tests. It is going to be the longest weekend of my life I think.

I am still spotting very lightly as of now. It is there when I wipe, but still not enough to get on my panties. No cramping, so that is a good sign. I have noticed my lack of preg symptoms today though. I havent eaten anything just yet, and I dont really feel hungry. That could be stress though. I also dont think my boobs hurt as badly as they did before.... I hope its all in my head.

And yeah, I did go by my LMP date. I wasnt sure of exact day of O because I decided not to chart last month, so I just went by that date. I went by my LMP with all of my previous pregnancies, and never had this issue, so not really sure what to think just yet. I would feel much better if the bleeding would stop.

:hugs: I'm so sorry you're going through all this stress darlin'. I know it's hard not to worry right now. On the baby measuring small, even though you weren't temping and could only get a roundabout of when you O'd, if you take that date FF gives you would be about as far along as they've dated. So try not to totally lose hope! Also, symptoms can come and go in early pregnancy. Spotting can also be very normal. Hoping babe is just settling in nice and snug. I know none of this amounts to a hill of shit when you're going through this though and we're here to try to help you stay somewhat sane as you're waiting for answers :hugs2: .

Thanks chika. I think I am going to ask for another ultrasound tomorrow at the OB's office to rule out this possible "cornual pregnancy". I would feel much better if they took that off the table. It is really rare. It is a type of ectopic pregnancy, and it only occurs in like 1 percent of ectopics, so yeah....rare. I think I saw somewhere that it only happens in 1 in 100,000 pregnancies....so at least the number are on my side. If they rule that out, I will feel LOADS better. Then all I have to do is wait on my HCG to come back, and hope for good numbers. On the plus side, the spotting has stopped! Never had cramping, so hoping that is a good sign!

My hubby and I are terrified, but trying to keep a little glimmer of hope alive.

I've got every crossable part of my body crossed for you. Such a scary thing to experience.

Thanks chika. I think I am going to ask for another ultrasound tomorrow at the OB's office to rule out this possible "cornual pregnancy". I would feel much better if they took that off the table. It is really rare. It is a type of ectopic pregnancy, and it only occurs in like 1 percent of ectopics, so yeah....rare. I think I saw somewhere that it only happens in 1 in 100,000 pregnancies....so at least the number are on my side. If they rule that out, I will feel LOADS better. Then all I have to do is wait on my HCG to come back, and hope for good numbers. On the plus side, the spotting has stopped! Never had cramping, so hoping that is a good sign!

My hubby and I are terrified, but trying to keep a little glimmer of hope alive.

Thinking of you and hoping for the very best outcome possible :hugs2: . I know the wait is horrible.

:hugs2: Glad to hear the spotting has stopped. Just stay positive. Hoping for the best for you!

Thinking of you! Really hope and pray that it turns out well :hugs:

Back from the DR! I talked to him a bit, and today he said he isn't worried. He did an internal exam, said things looked great, and also drew more blood. He wants me to come back in on Monday to have more blood drawn for HCG, and he says I will get the results back from both of those draws Monday so I won't have to wait too long.

He talked to me about the u/s report, and said more than anything it says that stuff about ectopic and cornual pregnancy because it cannot be ruled out just yet, and that is just the way they have to make the report, more or less. He said that a cornual is very rare, and to try not to worry about it. He also said that as long as my HCG looks good on Monday then I should be all clear, but he thinks things are fine.

I now have a bit more hope, and even though I don't have a definitive answer just yet, I am able to relax a tiny bit. Will know everything on Monday.

Thank you everyone for being so supportive through this very difficult time. i don't know what I would do if I didn't have you guys to talk to. :hugs:

btw I'll hopefully be TTC soon, hope I can join you ladies if this isn't a closed group.

btw I'll hopefully be TTC soon, hope I can join you ladies if this isn't a closed group.

Nope, not a closed group! I never really understood that anyway...the closed groups on here. Why would people want to exclude anyone? Sounds like a bunch of crap, imo. I say the more the merrier! I have even thought of posting in a closed group before just to ask why it was a closed group. Total weirdness. Hope I'm not offending anyone, but I think the whole point of this board is to be supportive, right? No one should be excluded!

So DH ordered me some chinese food, and it was amazing. There is this really good little place down the road that I love. I had pork fried rice, sweet and sour pork, and a couple crab rangoon. ALWAYS get the best food there. It was definite comfort food. I am still remaining cautious about everything, but if I get good news on Monday I will be able to breathe much easier!!

We had Chinese tonight too!

btw I have one :pink: and hoping for a :blue: Of course I'd be thrilled with another girl, but it'd be cool to have one of each :)

Good to hear your update Sanrio! Will be looking to see you breathe even easier come Monday :hugs: .

Welcome hakunamatata! Yes indeedy, jump right in :D .

Short 'n sweet check-in for me ladies, off to bed. 'Night!

We had Chinese tonight too!

btw I have one :pink: and hoping for a :blue: Of course I'd be thrilled with another girl, but it'd be cool to have one of each :)

I would LOVE to have a boy, since this is our last pregnancy, but at this point I am just like "give me a healthy baby"! LOL! We have 4 girls, so the estrogen is high in this house, to say the least.

Good to hear your update Sanrio! Will be looking to see you breathe even easier come Monday :hugs: .

Welcome hakunamatata! Yes indeedy, jump right in :D .

Short 'n sweet check-in for me ladies, off to bed. 'Night!

Goodnight my super awesome meh buddy!

So happy things are looking better for you Sanrio! I hope monday brings even better news.

As for me...well...

https://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s157/AngelaADDict/20130406_092044.jpg

Wow, those are some nice looking lines there AJ! Congratulations!!! :dance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back