october 2011 babies!

@ 1st Time, and your from Auz, im in New Zealand. Wooo

Flying Duster and OctBebe - Good to see there are some mum's to be representing this side of the world...haha:haha:

Everything was dragging for me lately until Wednesday, I had my first (Public)hospital appointment, the midwives are just fabulous, really lovely ladies. They've put me on a special program so i see the same midwife throughout the pregnancy, she'll also do home visits during the later stages of pregnancy and she will be there for the birth

Are you all going Public? Or Private? and how has it been for you so far? ( I posted this question on another thread but had no response:nope:)

I'm going public, but I found my own midwife through the yellow pages and referrals from friends... She works with a group of 4 midwives who all have similar ideas and practises so there's always 2 of them on call at any given time and I know that even if I had to have another one of the ladies, I can trust them!!! But midwives are all free here as part of the public health system so I'm still have going through the public hospital and stuff when it comes to the birth and scans and everything. :)

Hi there 1st time! I wish I could go private! no chance for us though, we cant afford it, but I've got faith and all the midwives I've met so far have been lovely, although this is my first time so dont really know what to expect.

Also hi to Jennifer!

My scan is this time next week - so excited!

Also I still feel really tired and sick still, my nose is stuffed up constantly, my throat is still sore after around six weeks and today my ears have gone funny like they do when you've been on a plane! I am officially falling apart! Does everyone else still have their symptoms?

my symptoms are changing all over the place! lol. The nausea has gone, but I'm getting weird waves of feeling like I'd quite like to throw up right now that only last for a few seconds before going. It doesn't feel like nausea though, just feels like my stomach is lifting and I'm gonna chuck! lol. And omg, I feel so bloated and YUCK at times too. Like, my pelvis is FULL already?? I was reading that my uterus is getting around the size of a grapefruit though, so I guess my pelvis IS getting full in there!. I've also had headaches, when I don't normally have headaches. *sigh*

Oh. And the crying. lol! I'm crying at the stupidist things. It is often a happy dry too, just the tears have nothing holding them back now days, they fall out at the drop of a hat!! lol

Yeah I've been getting headaches too - I've read that at around 12 weeks the sickness and tiredness lift but then the headaches set in, its all normal apparently!

I have to admit today I've felt much less tired than usual, and I dont feel as sick as I did last week so things are looking up :)

my symptoms are changing all over the place! lol. The nausea has gone, but I'm getting weird waves of feeling like I'd quite like to throw up right now that only last for a few seconds before going. It doesn't feel like nausea though, just feels like my stomach is lifting and I'm gonna chuck! lol. And omg, I feel so bloated and YUCK at times too. Like, my pelvis is FULL already?? I was reading that my uterus is getting around the size of a grapefruit though, so I guess my pelvis IS getting full in there!. I've also had headaches, when I don't normally have headaches. *sigh*

Oh. And the crying. lol! I'm crying at the stupidist things. It is often a happy dry too, just the tears have nothing holding them back now days, they fall out at the drop of a hat!! lol

I am there with you on the crying... its kind of funny but I also feel like such a baby! I'm no longer feeing sick or nauseous unless I am over doing it then I also get a brief wave of nauseousness which means I need to slow down. I am much less tired as a whole which is great!

I'm just always sssoooo TIRED!!! i can't get enough sleep:sleep:

I haven't been sick during my pregnancy, but if i over do it i start to feel a bit faint.

I am going public.

I hear you with the headaches, clusters ones i get for a few days running, I don't like taking panadol but i have to sometimes.

WOOOOO :happydance: i had my 12week scan on Friday, i had a tummybug that day too so it wasn't nice, but awesome seeing little bean and its heartbeat, it was 160 and then 180bmp! I also had another MW app that day and had to get lots of bloods.

hahaha, I just made my very first bootie ever!!! lol
https://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j162/flyingduster2/IMG_1538.jpg

now to make it a matching pair... and then to get some better coloured wool! lol!

Why does the scale keep going DOWN?! I don't have any to lose! It's freaking me out!
I'm so glad I've never thrown up, because I can't imagine the trouble I'd be in otherwise.
Agh!

But on a positive note, my 1st appt & scan is on Wednesday! I'm so excited!!

@Armywife- Wednesday is going to be a great day for you. It's really so much fun to see that little heartbeat. I'm excited for you.

I am with you on that one Armywife! I have actually been getting sick and lost a little weight, then I was put on zofran to make it stop. I was sure that since I was eating a lot more and keeping it all down that I would be gaining weight, but I am still losing. I am getting bigger, so I am not sure where I am losing from!

I had my first scan last week by surprise. My midwife had tried 2 weeks in a row to get the heartbeat with the doppler ans still couldn't get it. She said she thought she was hearing noises, but wasn't getting a heart beat, so she asked if we just wanted to try for an ultrasound. The ultrasound was amazing! They couldn't get the baby on the doppler because it was moving around so much! It was awesome to see the heartbeat and the baby moving inside of me.

Hi Everyone!! I had a brief check in on Mon I have gained 2 lbs from 9.5 weeks to 13.5 weeks and I got to hear the heartbeat. The 2 lbs feels like 10 though.. The Dr. said 2 lbs was perfect and that everything looked great!
Hope everyone is having a great week!

p.s. FlyingDuster, I LOVE the booties!! SOOO CUTE!!

Back from the Dr. Everything looks good! Heard the heartbeat, saw LO moving like crazy!!! I swear I saw a wave, haha! Amazing :D

https://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n179/armywife_32/1stUltrasound.jpg

Oh yeah,
PLUS the Dr. said I'm measuring EXACTLY according to my due date projected from the last mentrual period. I dunno how often that happens, but I thought it was pretty amazing! lol

I went and had my 12 week scan on Tuesday:happydance: Its was absolutley wonderful!!!
Little one was bouncing around like crazy, and the Ultrasound Tech even hinted that baby is most likely a :blue:!!!! I'm just over the moon, and was put forward a couple of days:cloud9:

Thats amazing 1st time! I'm going for my scan tomorrow! I really cant wait because we can finally tell everyone then! :happydance:

It's finally starting to feel real, although I am a bit worried about keeping all that water in and having to travel in the car, but I'm sure it will be fine

:hugs: to everyone still waiting to have their scan - it will be so worth it when it finally comes around xxx

Hi all,
Went for my 12 wk scan today and it was nice but very rushed, it was like come in out your stuff on the chair, jump on the bed, yes I see a heartbeat, only one baby and you're measuring the exact date you gave us, bye!! I hadn't given them my LMP coz I knew they would then estimate the wrong due date so had given the LMP I knew would give my my date coz I knew the date we conceived so estimated from there and I was exactly spot on!! Just hoping to keep the dreaded pre eclampsia away for this pregnancy and we'll be laughing.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->