October 2014...starting Clomid for the 1st time! Anyone else?

Just talked to another of my midwives here at work (I'm a labor and delivery nurse) and she said that with a progesterone level of 9 I didn't have a good ovulation with the clomid if I did at all (didn't get a positive opk). Also said I could come in for blood work anytime and get provera if I don't bleed (had CD 21 blood drawn on the 17th, still no AF) and then take 100 mg of clomid next cycle.

Sorry for your loss DrJo and welcome to the new ladies. I am currently 5 dpo. I go for my day 21 testing on Monday. Not sure what to expect haven't really experienced any side affects from clomid. It makes me question if it worked.

Welcome fezzle and lilru!

I just got back from a work trip. Sorry I've been m.i.a. for a couple of days! Will do a proper update tomorrow :) hope all is well with you lovely ladies!

I took my first Clomid dose (50mg) this morning and have booked my scan for the evening of CD12. I'm feeling really optimistic!

Hi everyone,

I've been away for a bit and sad after my appt on Thursday.

Today is cd12 and I feel about the same - not as sad, so I guess a wee bit better.

I noticed something this morning: I had a little stretchy ewcm so I guess I'm ovulating or about to start ovulating soon but my appt is on Sunday (cd14) for u/s and trigger that evening but my IUI won't happen before Tuesday. I am so confused. I hope the trigger shot doesn't through things off:wacko:

On Thursday I guess my follies weren't where the doctor wanted to be so he told me to come back on Sunday for another u/s. Last month I triggered on cd12 and IUI was on cd14. This month I'm a little behind. If all looks well on Sunday, I'll trigger on cd14 and IUI probably on cd16. Either way we're bd'ing eod.

Have a lovely day and best of luck to all!

Welcome back Taurusmom!:flower:

I'm sorry drjo. I'm Kmfx for some good news soon. Is it possible you ovulated way late? I'm on cd18 and still no positive opk. In the past when I used opks I sometimes didn't receive a positive until cd20! So going in for a 21 day blood work would of course show that I had a very low progesterone level. Just a thought. Stay hopeful! *hugs*

Fezzle...that's great! I'm loving your positive energy! Please keep us updated on your happenings! :)

Buttercup - I totally feel good about your appt. Sunday. Those big follies are gonna be ripe and ready to go!! Can't wait to hear all about it :)

Sunny- I worried about side effects too...but I have read many stories on here of women who expierenced none and got their bfp! Stay hopeful. Can't wait to see how your blood work goes!! Keep my posted my friend!

Afm, started getting a bit if ewcm last night so dh and I made sure to bd! I have also been cramping and starting getting ovary pain on the right side. Still no positive opk but this mornings test did end up being a but darker than the others so maybe progression? I will test again later and of course tomorrow. It is cd18 for me. 10 days since my last clomid pill. Hoping I see my surge soon so we can bd and I can finally be in the tww!

Buttercup and taurusmom- I hope you ovulate soon! Buttercup- I hope the timing works out with the trigger! It sounds like things are just delayed a bit.

I'm having pinches and twinges in my right ovary area- I'm sure that can't be an egg already on CD2 on my first day of Clomid! I'm sure it's just some AF related cramping on the side. I think I'll start doing OPKs a few days after AF leaves just in case! Since I'm doing the Clear Blue study, I have loads of tests.

Sorry for your loss DrJo and welcome to the new ladies. I am currently 5 dpo. I go for my day 21 testing on Monday. Not sure what to expect haven't really experienced any side affects from clomid. It makes me question if it worked.

No side effects so far for me either, and I'm usually very sensitive to meds. I'm on cd8, took my last pill yesterday. Only thing I notice, sorry if tmi, is clear discharge, I guess that's CM? Did you get that too?
GL with your 21s!:kiss:
:dust:

Lilru- how are you today? I didn't really get side effects until recently. I've been very emotional/weepy for the past couple of days and I'm getting crampy! Started about 4-5 days after my last pill.
Can't wait until you are in the tww with me! Hopefully I'm in it soon, actually lol

Buttercup and taurusmom- I hope you ovulate soon! Buttercup- I hope the timing works out with the trigger! It sounds like things are just delayed a bit.

I'm having pinches and twinges in my right ovary area- I'm sure that can't be an egg already on CD2 on my first day of Clomid! I'm sure it's just some AF related cramping on the side. I think I'll start doing OPKs a few days after AF leaves just in case! Since I'm doing the Clear Blue study, I have loads of tests.

Hi Fezzle,

If I didn't say it before, Welcome!:flower:

I've in my own world and in a funk, lol. Today I've been feeling some pinches and twinges today too, so I'm thinking I might still have a chance this month.

I noticed we're around the same age:). I'm 36, turning 37 in December

Good luck to you!

No side effects so far for me either, and I'm usually very sensitive to meds. I'm on cd8, took my last pill yesterday. Only thing I notice, sorry if tmi, is clear discharge, I guess that's CM? Did you get that too?
:dust:[/QUOTE]

On cd7 I had ewcm, then on cd9 it was very watery. However by cd10 it was dry and seemed sticky. I ovulated on cd12 and it seemed watery.

:dust:

On cd7 I had ewcm, then on cd9 it was very watery. However by cd10 it was dry and seemed sticky. I ovulated on cd12 and it seemed watery.[/QUOTE]

Are you having iui or timed? Yes, I had clear ewcm. Thanks you too!:flower:

Taurus...I was thinking I must have ovulated closer to CD21, but I never got a positive OPK. Plus I should have had AF by now since my lp is 14 days.

Drjo that seems right to me and is exactly why your 21 day bloods were off. I'm struggling with this myself - it's cd19 and i got another near positive, but not all the way yet. Frustrating. It's been 11 days since my last pill and I've read that beyond 10 days, it's not considered a clomid induced ovulation. I don't know how true that is but im feeling discouraged today. Still have ewcm and right ovary pain.

Lilru- how are you today? I didn't really get side effects until recently. I've been very emotional/weepy for the past couple of days and I'm getting crampy! Started about 4-5 days after my last pill.
Can't wait until you are in the tww with me! Hopefully I'm in it soon, actually lol

I'm still good, not feeling any different. Had a heated conversation with my father in law, which is not like me. So maybe I'm a little on edge. Last pill for me was 2 days ago, I'm a little behind you. I'm not using opks or charting this month. Doctor said to DTD EOD after the last pill. My DH doesn't do well with pressure, and If I know when I'm about to O, I put can't help but put the pressure on...LOL... so we decide to go blindly and just BD EOD. AF for me is very regular, and I O on my own so, I suspect I will O on CD 13 or 14. Then the TWW!!!
GL to you!! Thanks for being my buddy, girl xoxo
And how are you feeling? Did you chart or opk?
:dust: :yellow: :blue: :pink:
:hugs:

I want to start BDing EOD once I finish the last pill- I am just not sure what to expect this cycle so want to cover all our bases just in case. I hope OH is up for it! Though in the past we've started BDing around CD10 and then it would be ages before it seemed like I was going to ovulate, so hopefully it'll happen sooner too! AF is already almost gone despite being so heavy when she started on Thursday.

I researched a little on how alcohol affects clomid. Some docs say a glass is ok. But I came across an interesting article on how clomid is processed through the liver, as is alcohol. Your liver will process the toxic alcohol first, then deactivating the effect of clomid. I wanted to share this thought. Because I usually have a glass of wine with my DH on our fri. date night. But I'm totally staying away this month.

Any other healthy changes anybody wants to share?

(I tried giving up my 1 morning coffee, but it's so hard!, that might be next)

Are you having iui or timed? Yes, I had clear ewcm. Thanks you too!:flower:[/QUOTE]

We had planned on doing an iui but I ovulated over the weekend so we just timed. So if we don't get our positive this cycle hopefully we will be able to do our first iui this month. Are you having an iui or timed?

Fezzle---I hope that you do ovulate sooner this cycle! If you're using opks, make sure that you wait 3 days after the last pill to avoid false positives. :nope:

TaurusMom-I hope that you ovulate this weekend! The ovary pain & ewcm are good signs! :thumbup:

Sunny---We are definitely cycle buddies!! Our temps are very similar!!! It would be awesome to get BFPs together! :hugs:

LilRu---I ovulate on my own also but the clomid delayed my ovulation by a day or so. Not complaining because I believe the extra time was good for my eggs. :wohoo:

AFM---Took my progesterone test yesterday on CD 20. Expecting good numbers next week! Enjoy your weekend Ladies!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->