October 2014...starting Clomid for the 1st time! Anyone else?

Thanks for the tip, Piper! I'll take my last pill on Tuesday, so I'll start the OPKs on Friday, which is hopefully when OH and I are going away for the weekend (unless something happens with his dad).

Lilru... I am using opks. Have not had a positive yet but I've been having 'near' positives for 2 days. I am 11 days past my last pill so I'm not sure what's going on. This is what happened to me long ago when I used opks (no clomid tho) so I'm wondering if the clomid even worked for me. I used to get near positives then finally a big mega positive...and it would stay that way for 3 days in a row. I guess we shall see!

Lilru... I am using opks. Have not had a positive yet but I've been having 'near' positives for 2 days. I am 11 days past my last pill so I'm not sure what's going on. This is what happened to me long ago when I used opks (no clomid tho) so I'm wondering if the clomid even worked for me. I used to get near positives then finally a big mega positive...and it would stay that way for 3 days in a row. I guess we shall see!

Taurus, funny you mention that, because that's what happened to me last cycle. I know I ovulated though, bc I had a u/s and the egg was ready to pop as my dr. put it. My opk was nearly+, then + for 3 days too. (the last day was 4 days after my u/s) My doc told me to stop using opks months ago, obviously I didn't listen, he said "they don't work" not sure what that means. I used them last mo bc I had a few left. They only stress me out, so never again for me. Not knocking the opk, I'm sure they are great for other cases. :)

What I read somewhere is that the opk catches the surge and fall of LH, so once you get a +, you shouldn't test anymore bc any + after that is just the fall of LH. Expect your o 12-36 hrs after your 1st +, is what I understand from the internet.
My fs also doesn't want us to wait until we expect to O to DTD. He wants us BDing EOD the entire cycle after the last pill.

I wouldn't stress that you didn't O...the opk is picking up something, so you must have had a surge or are about to. Maybe you O'd earlier that expected and what you are picking up is the aftermath of the LH surge? Keep BD'ing, regardless, you never know... Keep me updated :)
(sorry for the long post )
:hug:

Hello, I was wondering if you could help me. Fiance and I have been TTC since august.. nothing yet. I started taking folic acid on October 14th. Ovulated October 16th-22nd after a period that was 6 days late. and on that period It was very light.
on the 23rd I started spotting. thought it was implantation bleeding. took a test 5 days later, and neg. then on the 29th fiancé and I had sex and I noticed I was spotting (A really small amount of blood. almost just pink discharge) it has happened twice since. Also, it is not rough sex at all. I checked my cervix today and it was way higher than usual. and softer. it almost blended in with the walls. period is due is 3 days but don't feel anything besides mild back pain. tested again today still neg. haven't really been hungry like I usually am when period is due.. Opinions

I would wait to test again when AF is late. Hope you get a BFP...that may have been implantation bleeding, sounds hopeful. :)
:kiss:

Hello, I was wondering if you could help me. Fiance and I have been TTC since august.. nothing yet. I started taking folic acid on October 14th. Ovulated October 16th-22nd after a period that was 6 days late. and on that period It was very light.
on the 23rd I started spotting. thought it was implantation bleeding. took a test 5 days later, and neg. then on the 29th fiancé and I had sex and I noticed I was spotting (A really small amount of blood. almost just pink discharge) it has happened twice since. Also, it is not rough sex at all. I checked my cervix today and it was way higher than usual. and softer. it almost blended in with the walls. period is due is 3 days but don't feel anything besides mild back pain. tested again today still neg. haven't really been hungry like I usually am when period is due.. Opinions

Good luck for testing when your period is due. I don't know if you've seen a Dr yet, but if these sorts of cycles continue, it might be a good idea even though you haven't been trying long yet. I had cycles like that- light periods, late periods, spotting- and I wasn't ovulating, even though I'd have the CM and cervix changes, ovary pains and even some convincing looking temperature shifts. They can do blood tests to see if you've ovulated based on your progesterone. Do you do OPKs or temp now? Were you on the pill before TTC?

I check Temp.. its has gone from 96 to almost 99! Crossing my fingers that the change is good.. but I tried BC pills for a week when I was 17.. but they made me sick to my stomach. haven't used BC since.

Good luck for testing when your period is due. I don't know if you've seen a Dr yet, but if these sorts of cycles continue, it might be a good idea even though you haven't been trying long yet. I had cycles like that- light periods, late periods, spotting- and I wasn't ovulating, even though I'd have the CM and cervix changes, ovary pains and even some convincing looking temperature shifts. They can do blood tests to see if you've ovulated based on your progesterone. Do you do OPKs or temp now? Were you on the pill before TTC?

also. Seeing a doctor Monday to see whats going on! Wishing that he will do a blood test and tell me some good news!

Lilru...Thank you so much. I tested again today at cd20 and still no positive. I've been testing twice a day so surely I didn't miss it? I don't know but I'm starting to feel a tad defeated. I've never gotten a positive later than cd20...plus I've been having ewcm, more than ever, the past 3 days...and last night and today my uterus and ovaries are so sore. Hoping I get it tomorrow. I have a dr. Appt. And I want to ask her questions! Idk if I should even attempt to do a 21 bloods while there.

Here is my progression on opks. I tested twice a day except for cd16 and Cd 17...which I only tested once in the a.m. because I was gone for a work trip. Cd 17 is missing because I was out of town-- but it looked the same as cd16.
https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/150x100q90/910/UNxQ7V.jpg

TaurusMom--When you go to the Dr., can you request an ultrasound to see whether or not you have any follicles? I don't remember if you temp or not but taking a look at your ovaries should definitely give you some definite information.

Here is my progression on opks. I tested twice a day except for cd16 and Cd 17...which I only tested once in the a.m. because I was gone for a work trip. Cd 17 is missing because I was out of town-- but it looked the same as cd16.

CD 20 are pretty dark...I'm certainly not an expert, but may that can count as (+)? If you're not doing IUI, I would definitely get the BD going. Let me know what your Dr. says about the opks, I'm wondering if she feels the same as my dr. does.
Also, I agree with Piper, if it's really stressing you out, insist on a u/s...Stressing can delay your O.

:dust: :hugs: :kiss:

I would say your positive is CD 18!

Thank you guys. I can't wait to talk to my dr. Tomorrow!! I have had very clear positives in the past and I just don't feel I've seen one yet. Hopefully the test in the morning shows me one. Do you think it would still be a clomid induced ovulation that late? I have always gotten a positive opk 13 days before my next af...getting my positive tomorrow would mean a 33 day cycle for me...which is not unheard of. I guess I just thought I would I within 5-10 days of my last pill.

Thank you guys. I can't wait to talk to my dr. Tomorrow!! I have had very clear positives in the past and I just don't feel I've seen one yet. Hopefully the test in the morning shows me one. Do you think it would still be a clomid induced ovulation that late? I have always gotten a positive opk 13 days before my next af...getting my positive tomorrow would mean a 33 day cycle for me...which is not unheard of. I guess I just thought I would I within 5-10 days of my last pill.

Thinking of you and hoping your appointment goes well today. :flower:

I don't know the answer to that...If clomid extended your cycle to 33 days, I guess there is nothing wrong with that though. Maybe your eggs needed a little more time to get nice and healthy before releasing...does that make sense? Still curious to know what the doc says!
:dust:

Hello, all. Dr. Wanted to go ahead and do my day 21 bloods and said she would call me with results tomorrow. She said if my opk's are correct- she will promptly order me 100mg of clinic for next cycle.
I told her...days 17, 18, 19 I had tons of ewcm and 19 & 20 I had uterine cramps/sore ovaries, which she felt was very promising. Her office isn't really set up to monitor cloud cycles, although they do ultrasound. She said if I don't o on 100mg or 150mg, she would refer me to the best FS she knows. Hopefully I am good on 50mg. I mean...my cycles are 28-33 days each cycle...from what I know I'm ovulating but not 'strong enough' idk! Hopefully I'll have more details tomorrow!

Hello, all. Dr. Wanted to go ahead and do my day 21 bloods and said she would call me with results tomorrow. She said if my opk's are correct- she will promptly order me 100mg of clinic for next cycle.
I told her...days 17, 18, 19 I had tons of ewcm and 19 & 20 I had uterine cramps/sore ovaries, which she felt was very promising. Her office isn't really set up to monitor cloud cycles, although they do ultrasound. She said if I don't o on 100mg or 150mg, she would refer me to the best FS she knows. Hopefully I am good on 50mg. I mean...my cycles are 28-33 days each cycle...from what I know I'm ovulating but not 'strong enough' idk! Hopefully I'll have more details tomorrow!

FX your results come back great.... Sounds promising :kiss:

FX your results come back great... AFM I am schedule to have my day 21 test in an hour. Hopefully we both get great news tomorrow!!!!

Hey All,

Haven't been around much, but it feels like i've spent most of the last month at the fertility clinic!

Today is CD36 and I will be triggering tonight. Had a lovely 19mm follicle yesterday morning with a 10mm thick lining.

This will be my first confirmed ovulation in 4 years! Blood test is booked for 21st Nov - but I'm sure i'll POAS before then!

Thanks, lilru!!!! :) will keep u posted. I appreciate you! What's new your way??

Sunny- awesome!! We really are super close as far as our cycles go. How long are yours usually? Let me know how it goes.

Mrslake- wahoo on o'ing!! Congrats! The 21st seems too far! I can't wait for you to test!! kmfx for you! :) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->