October 2014...starting Clomid for the 1st time! Anyone else?

Taurus, Thanks! AFM, I'm on CD11, felt a little twinging in the ovary area this morning. Really been focusing mostly on staying healthy. Had a fresh green juice this morning and yoga. I hope to keep it up through the tww, and not get stressed out this month. And I am proud of myself, we went out this weekend and I stuck to my hot tea, no alcohol. My Dr. didn't order bloods this cycle, maybe bc I already o... Staying hopeful and I really wish we both get BFP's and are bump buddies :) :dust:

MrsLake, that's awesome news! It sounds promising...FX for a BFP

Lilru yes I would love to be bump buddies! I hope these next couple of weeks go by quickly for us.I planned on testing nov. 15th but now I'm totally clueless- I imagine I'll decide tomorrow after I talk to the doc about my day 21 results.
Nice job on sticking to just tea! I wish others knew how much of a commitment ttc is in many aspects of life. It's the little things! :)
I'm out of opks...think I should get more!? My ewcm has dried up...it's still stretchy but getting stickier now. Nothing like it was.

Hi Everyone!

Got my progesterone results back today.....41.2!!!!! Wow clomid!!! \\:D/

Lilru yes I would love to be bump buddies! I hope these next couple of weeks go by quickly for us.I planned on testing nov. 15th but now I'm totally clueless- I imagine I'll decide tomorrow after I talk to the doc about my day 21 results.
Nice job on sticking to just tea! I wish others knew how much of a commitment ttc is in many aspects of life. It's the little things! :)
I'm out of opks...think I should get more!? My ewcm has dried up...it's still stretchy but getting stickier now. Nothing like it was.

I know, I went in thinking it would take us about 3 months. Don't know why I had that time frame in mind. My DH is 15 yrs older than me, he's 48. So that's why my dr. put me on clomid at 6mos ttc. Hopefully I give my DH a better chance & pop out an extra egg this cycle. My dr. said we should try this before putting my DH through a dreaded SA...lol.

I wouldn't buy more opks if I were you. All your signs seem like you o'd already. I would keep BD'ing, just in case though!

Alright piper! Woo hoo!!!!!!! Can't wait for you to test now! How many days until testing day? Congrats! I am so eager to get my results tomorrow!!

You're right, lilru...I'm not going to spend any more $$ on opks this month. Dh and I have bd'd once a day for the past 5 days! Lol I should be covered if we stick to at least once a day for the next several days.

Is your Dh dreading the sa? I finally had mine go. It was nerve racking! If yours doesn't have to...I wouldn't put him thru it either.
I remember the day I had my Mirena taken out...I was so excited because they told me so many women are super fertile right after removal and I'd probably be seeing them the following month. Psh! What I thought would take 3-4 months is now 3 years. Lol I love chatting with other women like you who share this journey with me tho. Gives me hope to hear the stories and know my bfp is coming soon.
How long are your cycles usually? Like I said I'll be testing around nov. 15th if I can make it. That's the day af is due for me if I have my usual 32 day cycle.

Alright piper! Woo hoo!!!!!!! Can't wait for you to test now! How many days until testing day? Congrats! I am so eager to get my results tomorrow!!

I'm looking forward to seeing a BFP this weekend!

Piper that is so super exciting! I've got everything crossed for you! Aahhhhh :)

Waiting waiting waiting. This process is mostly waiting, isn't it?

I'm not good at waiting.

:coffee:

Great result, Piper!

In my opinion, a SA is way less of a hardship than taking Clomid, especially if you have any side effects from it! My OH just made a deposit in a cup and I took it to the hospital. I think it would make sense to make sure the sperm is good before trying Clomid, but I guess that's more so in a case where you're relying on Clomid to ovulate so only have so many chances.

I took my last dose today, and will start doing OPKs and BDing on Friday!

Just a quick update : my dr. called! My last unmedicated cycle, 21 day blood came back a 7. This time, 21 day blood came back at 17. Not where I want to be, but the clomid did help. She said it wasn't great but she believes I ovulated. I'm hoping my 21 day blood was lower because I feel I ovulated closer to day 18-19. She said if I'm not pregnant this cycle, she will keep me on the 50mg. She also expects improvement as I continue taking metformin.

Yay Piper. I hope my results are as good. Still waiting in my Dr. to call.
Taurusmom my cycles are around 24 to 25 days.

Well just got the call from my Dr. She said I will get my results on tomorrow because I came in late in the evening. So here's to waiting another day.

Just a quick update : my dr. called! My last unmedicated cycle, 21 day blood came back a 7. This time, 21 day blood came back at 17. Not where I want to be, but the clomid did help. She said it wasn't great but she believes I ovulated. I'm hoping my 21 day blood was lower because I feel I ovulated closer to day 18-19. She said if I'm not pregnant this cycle, she will keep me on the 50mg. She also expects improvement as I continue taking metformin.

Even though, the numbers aren't where you want to be, it's good that clomid did work for you & the pregnant possibility remains!

Well just got the call from my Dr. She said I will get my results on tomorrow because I came in late in the evening. So here's to waiting another day.

Aww Sunny! Sometimes it seems that waiting NEVER ends! However, I'll be waiting too....to hear your results!:thumbup:

Taurus, good to hear your results. They are quite a bit higher than last month, so that is good, and with all that BD'ing, if you ovulated, you have a real good chance! FX this is your month :dust:

Fezzle, I know, if I was a guy I would not be hesitant at all to take a SA... But, my DH is convinced he is "fine"! Meanwhile, I go thru every test possible to prove I'm fine on my end... He's going to have to do it next month if my clomid attempt doesn't work though.

My DH was paranoid before we even started TTC that there was a problem with his sperm- not that he'd ever TTC before, so he really had no reason to think that other than he's just a worrier. As it turns out, his sperm is great, so no reason to worry!

taurusmom- I'm glad it looks like you ovulated!

Fezzle, your DH sounds very sweet. And that's good news that his little swimmers are healthy :) GL

Taurus, I didn't answer your question, My cycles are 26-27 days. AF is due on the 19th. I would like to wait to test, but I know myself and will probably test early.

AFM, CD11 I started getting right ovary pain late at night throughout the night. It actually kept me up. And I had it a little bit yesterday morning CD12. It totally went away except for slight twinges which are normal for me around this time.
Does anyone have any idea if the sharp ovary pains come before, during or after ovulation?

Finally got my cd21 results..... Soooooo I did ovulate, Yay:happydance:!!!! My levels were 18.03 ng/mL = 57.34 nmol/L.

After my trigger at 6pm 4th November, I should have ovulated by now! Right on track with my temp jump this morning.

Pregnyl has caused alot of cramps! I've been cramping since 2 hours after the injection. Also quite a few headaches as well. And for something I wasn't expecting, I was sick this morning after getting to work.
I'll have my next injection Sunday night and in for a blood test Monday morning, another injection Wednesday night with another blood test either Wednesday morning/Thursday night then a week to wait until my official pregnancy blood test.

The next two weeks is going to be the death of me!

Fx'd for everyone here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->