• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

October 2018 Bumpkins!

My bloat has been bad too! It helps it I eat something small every few hours, like a handful of walnuts or some frozen grapes. I've been having aversions too. Anything fatty just doesn't seem appealing. I've only been wanting these dark seedy rolls and fruit/veg.

I'm not sure if we'll find out the gender or not. In theory, I'd love to be surprised. In practice though, I feel like I wouldn't like not knowing. We'll probably end up finding out, but maybe not.

We didn't find out with DD but I think we want to this time. :) Was super tired today, zero energy, just lounged around the house with DD and managed some laundry lol. Hubby is down in FL for a few weeks for work so I'm home alone with her for a while. Hope i get some energy soon cuz i feel bad keeping her cooped up!

Got my prenatal panel blood draw done friday, i'm not sure what all they test for but i know they do thyroid and some vitamin levels, and some other stuff to make sure i'm healthy. Not sure if they do an hcg count in that or not. Def made it feel a little more real! The doctors were all making over me and making it feel exciting hehe, i love them! It's a naturopathic doctor/midwife practice with their own birth center. I think we're gonna try for a home birth this time though, DD's labor & birth was less than 6 hours start to finish so i'm guessing the next one will be really quick.

Hi, can I join too? I'm due October 17th. I found out a week ago today and am so anxious that the pregnancy is not going to progress, probably because we've been ttc for such a very long time.
Can't wait to get to the 12 week mark. Have any of you told anyone yet that you're pregnant?

Hi Minnie. I have not told anyone yet, not even my dh. I am planning on telling him valentines day but the rest of the family will have to wait untill I am 12 weeks along...😶

Lomelindi your clinic sounds awesome. I'd love to have access to something like that.
I freebirth because where I live its that or hospital, which I won't do again unless absolutely necessary.

Minnie only DH and a friend who is a photographer who I have already approached about doing my birth know. I think my mom is suspicious - she always knows before I tell her - but DH doesn't want to tell anyone til June if I can hide it that long!

I told my best friend before I told DH. I wanted to tell him in person once he was home from work but I needed to tell someone as I was so shocked so I rang my girlfriend :haha: DH told his best mate because they work together and he was like me and needed to tell someone. Other than that only my mum knows. We are close and see each other 3-4 times a week and if I hadn't have told her she would have clued on anyway.
We plan to tell the rest of the immediate family after our first scan. Most live nearby and if I get sick like the previous two it'll be impossible to hide.

Navywag i would love to join Facebook - I can’t PM you (I think?) how should i?

It’s starting to sink in way more for me now. I threw up on my walk to work (full display of city life, fantastic) and I got strong hgc readings in a blood test this week. Actually talking about the future as if this will happen!

I’m extremely nauseous on and off but mostly in the morning. Eases a little if I eat, and I’ve not actually been sick yet but not sure if being sick would be more beneficial to get rid of the nausea?!

Also feeling bloated and like I’ve gained a stone which I probably have!

Also my boyfriend has told a good few people at his work, and his Mum and dad and his auntie. I’ve told my mum and my best friend and won’t be telling anyone else until after 12 week scan hopefully.
We will def be finding out the sex too!

We are definitely finding out the gender, there is no way i would survive not knowing, im a bit too controlling.

As for telling people, i have told one friend at work and dh. Thats it. Planning to tell family in law around easter, and my family at end of April when we go visit them in Africa.

I feel like I've put on a stone too Blah! Could it possibly be water retention? Can I just tell myself that to feel better :haha:

I've showed a little earlier each pregnancy with my last (#5) I was showing at 12 weeks not a huge bump but deff a little rounded bulge so I'm assuming this being #6 I will start to look pregnant early on, oh hell I look 5 months preggo already grrr! I know it's bloating but man can I just put the maternity pants on now and call it good lol as far as telling anyone my DH my children and one friend know as soon as we go to my first scan we will start to slowly tell people! I cannot believe I'm having my 6th baby its so scary, exciting, but scary #5 was very difficult for me and we thought we were done we were planning DH snip snip when surprise! But I guess maybe both of us deep down weren't sure because lo is almost 3 and we kept putting the snip off! Lol but were get judged a lot for having so many it really pissess me off it is no ones decision but ours we fully support our children on our own and we're self employed! I love love my big family is it difficult sometimes yes do I want to throw the towel in a lot yes but it's patience love forgiveness and it teaches my children so much more!
Whew um I think I had some pinned up feelings I needed to get off my chest bahaha sorry girls lol

haha katie no worries! this is the place to vent!

my hubby told his immediate family today and i was planning to tell my mom but she didn't answer the phone. i also told my close friend, and DH accidentally let slip to his co-worker lol. i think i'll get DD a "big sister" shirt and make a cute announcement to send out on fb messenger to all the family members and then post it on fb after that for everyone else.

Hi ladies I hope you are all feeling well.

Do we have any coffee drinkers here? I love my coffee and keep to two cups a day in the morning. How many cups do you have a day or do you stop altogether when pregnant?

Do we have any coffee drinkers here? I love my coffee and keep to two cups a day in the morning. How many cups do you have a day or do you stop altogether when pregnant?

I cannot survive without my caffeine so I hate to admit it but through all my pregnancies I didn't stop drinking my coffee! But babies were all ok! Midwife didn't seem to think it as a problem either

1 or 2 cups a day is considered fine. I get jittery with coffee so I usually drink a cup of black tea in the am but occasionally have coffee. Nbd, all things in moderation! :)

Minnie - We're due-date buddies!

I have told one friend so far. He's a very close friend who has been going through cancer treatment for the past year, and has been really interested in my fertility treatments, so he's always up to speed and checking in on me. Otherwise, I'm waiting until I visit home in March so I can tell my mom in person, and then I'll tell my close friends. We'll probably tell DH's family soon after I get back from that trip.

Is anyone else experiencing food aversions? I've been really put off by anything fatty (including dairy) and by chicken. Normally I love salmon with the skin on, but now the fat layer between the skin and meat just... blech.

Im not a coffee drinker but up to 200mg of caffeine (2 cups) a day is totally fine. That includes caffeine from chocolate and tea too though so be aware.

I have one cup in the morning, and about 3cups of decaf throughout the day. Ive also stopped drinking tea, and cut out all cacao.
Still trying to get used to the very little caffeine, getting some headaches etc, but am way too scared to drink more. Logically 2 cups a day should be fine though.

Smurphy - i had aversion to shrimp yesterday. I normally eat quite a lot of seafood and fish. But now anything apart from beef just sounds nauseating...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->