*October Bumpkins*2014* 43 Babies Born!

Congrats on all the gender reveals and welcome to the new ladies:flower:

22 weeks today:happydance: life is still tumultuous but I'm going to visit FOB's mum on Friday so hoping I can sort my head out. He still doesn't have a name either:dohh:

Welcome to all the new ladies and all the new little boys and girls we have! 20 weeks today. I have reached the half way point and finally feel a little more relaxed in my pregnancy now. We finished one of our registries at Target this past weekend. I may have had a little too much fun with the scanner. Anyone else pregnant with a boy notice they don't get a whole lot of movement?

I have my 20 week appointment today too! Actually it's a little annoying because I have a regular prenatal appointment at 9:45AM and then my 20 week scan at 3:30PM. This wouldn't be too big of a problem except I live about 35 minutes away from the hospital.

And as for the movement question I feel some movement and some days or times it's more than others but it's so inconsistent!

Welcome mixedmama!!

lamere: I'm glad your car is working again. I'm so jealous of your garden. I've been wanting a garden for the last two years, but life has been a little crazy so it looks like I'll have to wait till next year :cry: My friend and her hubby were telling me about starting an aquaponics herb garden. It sounds pretty amazing. Glad you and baby are doing well!!

As for movement, my little man is an acrobat! My girls never moved as much as this little guy. He is constantly in motion. I love it!!

Re: Movement: It is really dependent on what I am doing or if I've just eaten something or drank something kinda cold. Baby starts moving like crazy at those times. I do notices quite a bit of movement when I am laying in bed at night. Love feeling all those little kicks and flips!

Just got done with my first prenatal appointment and my doctor told me I was at risk for pre eclampsia. She said my blood pressure isn't high, but high enough for it to possibly be a concern in the third trimester.

Oh no Mushy! I hope it's something they're watching closely and you won't have to worry about it.

Congrats to all those with revealed genders and hello to new members.

Will be thinking of you Mushy as your pregnancy progresses. Preeclampsia with your 1st baby is fairly common, praying they keep a close eye on things for you.

I just returned from a prenatal check-up. Baby's heartbeat was perfect-I brought my youngest daughter with me and she was able to hear for the first time. It was lovely to see her little face light up. She has been really excited about becoming a big sister. I'm still struggling with my weight. I've lost a little over 18 pounds, but baby is measuring a good size. Anatomy scan is scheduled for June 17th-pretty anxious.

Congrats to those hitting the half-way point!

Mushy - Ive suffered with high blood pressure on and off in all pregnancies. At my last appointment it was 158/100. She did look a bit worried, but it came down a bit.
I think it's only a problem if it stays up, and it's accompanied by protein in urine. I've never had protein in urine, medication to control blood pressure and nobody has ever seemed to be too worried.

I hope yours does stay okay, or come down though x

Hey Mixedmama! I was a september star 2010 too with my first daughter :-D Did you ever join/find the facebook group?

Im due #3 now! Had another baby girl last october, and this october baby is a boy.

congrats on your pregnancy and little boy x

Oh how lovely! Lots of birthday parties for you to plan at once! Thank you and congratulations on your pregnancy with your boy :flower:

I think I joined the Facebook group, not sure whether the group is still active? Haven't had any notifications but I've kept in touch with a few Sep '10 ladies

x

Welcome to all the new ladies and all the new little boys and girls we have! 20 weeks today. I have reached the half way point and finally feel a little more relaxed in my pregnancy now. We finished one of our registries at Target this past weekend. I may have had a little too much fun with the scanner. Anyone else pregnant with a boy notice they don't get a whole lot of movement?

Congrats on reaching the halfway point. My DD was definitely more active at this stage, I only feel occasional movements with my boy now. I have an anterior placenta so maybe that's part of the reason why.

I just ordered the crib! Somehow that makes things feel more real

Welcome to those who have just joined and congrats on all the gender reveals!

Sisterrose - in terms of maternity jeans I bought mine from jojo maman bebe - they were £35 but absolutely perfect. I could live in them!

I feel movement mainly just before going to sleep but other than that I don't notice much and if I do it's very inconsistent. Not sure until Thursday whether it's a boy or girl yet though.

I love my maternity jeans from Motherhood Maternity.

and my LO's movements are very inconsistent too. We find out in 12 days!

Thank you everyone for your replies! I'm slightly worried, but only cause well it's not something to not worry about! My doctor is taking precautions, so that's good. She's having me do a 24 hour urine test to get a base sample for comparison later.

I feel she never would have mentioned anything if I didn't ask about a certain allergy medicine. It's one that is on the okay list but it is one that has extra decongestant. She said no because my blood pressure. And that it isn't that high but also not low enough to be considered normal.

Other than that everything else was good. His heartbeat is 144 so that's good. She had a hard time finding it at first, because he was higher than expected. Now I get to wait for my 20 week scan!

My blood pressure is slightly high sometimes but other times completely normal. My OB has me on a daily low dose aspirin for it. When I had my daughter, my BP was 165/120 at its highest even with 13 blood pressure pills a day. It was crazy, but this time it's been much better.

Wow! Took me 2 days to get caught up! Sorry if my replies and thoughts come out jumbled and aren't directed at people specifically! So much to say!

First welcome to newbies and congrats on all the gender reveals! So many boys!!!!

Also yay for all the good scan results and pics! My anatomy scan is tomorrow :happydance: so I'll hopefully also have a good report and new photos of my babes!

Sore boobs? Heck yes! Been sore since I ovulated! At the moment the big issue is very itchy boobs, especially nipples. Yuck! Belly is itchy too. Babies are def growing!

Maternity jeans...I've also had the issue of the digging into the belly in all the wrong spots. So annoying and I also worry about it squishing my little ones!

Blood pressure - Mushy, one thing it could be is of you're worried in the doc office your bp can be much higher. I stress at every visit and mine shoots up something scary but I've been monitoring at home regularly and it's always in normal range for me. Maybe check yours at home (or in grocery stores etc with those machines they have) when you're more relaxed and not worried about getting bad news. Also the protein in urine is also part of it. I haven't had that so far so that is a good thing.

Yay for all the registering and buying things! I'm waiting to register and plan shower until we know genders, but today I bought my cribs! So excited to pick them up tonight. I bought them second hand from another twin mom so saved a bundle! Just need to get fresh new mattresses and sheets and we're good to go! My mom arrives in a week and a half! We find out genders on the 9th and then she and I go nuts on nursery decor! :happydance:

Still not feeling any real movements. Hoping it's coming soon.

Hips and tailbone pain and heartburn are making sleep suck! Blah

Hoping to discuss with my doc when I can quit working at my apt tomorrow. I'm so done workin already haha but need to put in at least another month or two.

Nervous and excited for scan tomorrow. Wish me luck! :)

Oh and have a crazy story from the weekend...

Got a call from one of my very best friends announcing she's pregnant and due a week after me! They'd been dealing with fertility issues and actually got pregnant with twins as well but lost one early on. Then this one was touch and go awhile so they were keeping it all hush hush until they felt like all was goin to be okay. So excited to be pregnant together!!!!! Yay!

La mere Aquaponics....is that the one where you have fish in it?
I looked into something like that a while ago it looked really cool but I cant remember the name of it. I wanted to do it but it looked so complicated :p
I love gardening!

Tomorrow im spending the day baking for the family and school lunches etc.
I used to bake a day for the week but got too busy with the twins and they were too young to be interested in baking but now im hoping they will love it!

I have a question for everyone.
Does anyone here have epsom salt baths? I read its good for muscle aches and stress etc and tried to get all the info on doing it while pregnant and the answer was yes its fine but to check with midwife first.

im just wondering if it actually works? Ive never used them before but want to try.

Yes, it is! We're running what they call a "fishless cycle" to get the good bacteria growing and stuff before we get the fish to put in the tank! It's really cool, I can't wait until we can start planting in the grow bed!

Looks like our house will be full of princesses! It's a girl! This makes our third little girl,a and our last child. :) :cloud9:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 7

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee