*October Bumpkins*2014* 43 Babies Born!

I threw my pregnancy tests out from both pregnancies. I took pictures of the 2 I took with my daughter (one cheapie, one digital) and the 1 I took this time (just a cheapie) so I have those.

In other news, does anyone still get the urge to POAS? I want to sooo bad, just to see what it would look like, LOL .

I can show you what a test at 22 weeks looks like. I had no idea I was pregnant with my daughter until my husband convinced me to take a test at 22 weeks and although it was positive, the test line was lighter than the control line.

Attachments

• Cambridge-20120715-00408.jpg
    Cambridge-20120715-00408.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 6
I had several photos of my poas's...must have looked a bit odd if you had looked through my phone :haha:

Going to our cabin in Canada this weekend, so excited it will make the weekend go faster because our ultrasounds monday! It's going to be so hard not to find out, but she's gonig to write it down and we are finding out the following sunday with all our friends and family!

Question, what has everyone done with their pregnancy tests? Mine still look great, Not sure if I want to keep them, or toss them. Is it gross to keep them?

I've still got mine. One is in my purse in an inside zipper pocket and the other is on my nightstand by the bed. Haha in the beginning I had such a hard time believing it was real I needed to keep looking at them. I haven't needed to look at them for awhile now but have never bothered to throw them away. Not sure if I'll toss them or save them. I did take a photo so I'll have that to save. It's a funny thing to feel attached to a per stick isn't it? Haha but in a way I am. I really thought I may never see those 2 pink lines. It was one of the biggest moments of my life peeing on those sticks. Haha I probably sound mental lol

you dont sound mental! I kept mine on the dining room table ntil DH made me move them :haha: Now they are in a baggie in my dresser drawer. I'm just wondering what to do with them now. :dohh:

In other news, does anyone still get the urge to POAS? I want to sooo bad, just to see what it would look like, LOL .

I can show you what a test at 22 weeks looks like. I had no idea I was pregnant with my daughter until my husband convinced me to take a test at 22 weeks and although it was positive, the test line was lighter than the control line.

Oh neat! I thought for sure it would be darker than the control by now, and I've even heard that the tests cant even detect hcg after it gets so high that it shows negative. Shows those people wrong! :dohh:

I think hcg drops too once placenta takes over, then there's the hook effect where it's to high for the test so get a faint or neg line.

I had several photos of my poas's...must have looked a bit odd if you had looked through my phone :haha:

I thought this too! I had quite a few photos of tests over a few days to compare the lines lol and as we kept it quiet longer this time due to miscarrying last time I kept worrying someone would see them but couldn't bring myself to delete them!

Weirdly, the lines on the positive tests I had from my mc faded away to nothing so I kept the tests I took this time and kept looking at them to make sure the lines were still there. I know it didn't mean anything really but it made me feel better. I still have them and the lines are still there. Can't bring myself to throw them away yet even though I feel him move everyday now. Strange how the others disappeared?

Welcome to all the new ladies and all the new little boys and girls we have! 20 weeks today. I have reached the half way point and finally feel a little more relaxed in my pregnancy now. We finished one of our registries at Target this past weekend. I may have had a little too much fun with the scanner. Anyone else pregnant with a boy notice they don't get a whole lot of movement?

Congrats on reaching the halfway point. My DD was definitely more active at this stage, I only feel occasional movements with my boy now. I have an anterior placenta so maybe that's part of the reason why.

My placenta is anterior too, i was worried i wouldn't feel him at all but hes a little wiggle bum! x

I had my anomaly scan today. All was great but I do have an anterior placenta. I think from reading previous posts this just means it's at the front and I won't feel the kicks as much??

Also despite the ovulation dates, slower heartbeat and no morning sickness (indicating boy) the Chinese predictor was right - I am definitely team :pink:

I'm so happy as this was what I secretly wanted. I feel over the moon that baby is healthy and a girl!

In terms of pee sticks, I kept mine too. I took 11 tests at the beginning as I just couldn't believe it! I think that makes me crazy!!

Blood pressure - Mushy, one thing it could be is of you're worried in the doc office your bp can be much higher. I stress at every visit and mine shoots up something scary but I've been monitoring at home regularly and it's always in normal range for me. Maybe check yours at home (or in grocery stores etc with those machines they have) when you're more relaxed and not worried about getting bad news. Also the protein in urine is also part of it. I haven't had that so far so that is a good thing.

Yay for all the registering and buying things! I'm waiting to register and plan shower until we know genders, but today I bought my cribs! So excited to pick them up tonight. I bought them second hand from another twin mom so saved a bundle! Just need to get fresh new mattresses and sheets and we're good to go! My mom arrives in a week and a half! We find out genders on the 9th and then she and I go nuts on nursery decor! :happydance:

Still not feeling any real movements. Hoping it's coming soon.

Hips and tailbone pain and heartburn are making sleep suck! Blah

Hoping to discuss with my doc when I can quit working at my apt tomorrow. I'm so done workin already haha but need to put in at least another month or two.

Nervous and excited for scan tomorrow. Wish me luck! :)

I should definitely check it out! I never thought that it could only be doctor office related. But it has been consistent every time I go in. Hopefully I'm just consistently slightly worried!

Sorry you're having so much pain! Hopefully it doesn't get much worse! Can't wait until you find it the gender of your babies!

Congrats sour_skittle on being team pink!

Had my 20 week scan today. He's measuring 6 days ahead and she said that puts me at due October 6. But does it? Either that or he's going to be a big baby. Which is very possible! My husband and his siblings were all 10 lbs and up except his oldest brother that was premature. He was born at 6 lbs.

I won't know much else until I'm caked back in by a doctor to go over everything. And I will need to come back for more scans since he wouldn't do a profile.

My baby is measuring a week ahead, keeping original date and hes just going to be a chunky monkey if he carrys on lol!

Going to our cabin in Canada this weekend, so excited it will make the weekend go faster because our ultrasounds monday! It's going to be so hard not to find out, but she's gonig to write it down and we are finding out the following sunday with all our friends and family!

Question, what has everyone done with their pregnancy tests? Mine still look great, Not sure if I want to keep them, or toss them. Is it gross to keep them?

i'm keeping mine, i have about 15 in a box, i kept taking them to make sure they were getting darker :blush:

I've an anterior placenta and felt movement from 18 week but in last few days it's gone from kicks to full on wiggling about. Love it :)
I'm having a 4d around 28/29 weeks
I did this at the weekend, my two year old and her 4d scan pic <3
https://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc499/ljo1984/i%20phone%20pics/54671B20-9087-44D4-ADED-8A7DAFFB0542.jpg

Is anyone having a 4d scan done?x

We are in a few weeks. We had them with our other two and they're amazing. We have DVDs of ds and dd's scans so will be getting one again this time so they all have one each to see when they're older :) the place we go has a half price sale right now too so even better!

I've an anterior placenta and felt movement from 18 week but in last few days it's gone from kicks to full on wiggling about. Love it :)
https://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc499/ljo1984/i%20phone%20pics/54671B20-9087-44D4-ADED-8A7DAFFB0542.jpg

Aww she's a cute little girl. Wish I had eyelashes like that! So long :)

We are getting a 4d scan done at 28 weeks-do exciting as you can see so much. Had a 4d one at 18 weeks too, will be great to see the changes.

Loopy Laura-yay for a little girl! How exciting :)

I still have all of mine even the one I took 14 years ago with my oldest! I just put them in a ziploc bag once they were dry. Once dry I don't think its gross. Heaps of people keep them.
I have a 60 litre storage box that I have put them in for each child. In that box goes other stuff too, hospital notes, cards, first clothing shoes haircut drawings certificates etc. They will be brought out for their 21st birthdays :)

i'm booking ours tomorrow its all this for £99...

Weeks 24-32
5 minute DVD of scan. CD of pictures

Four 6x4 prints and 1 7x5 colour prints.
Sexing if required or if you dont want to know, we simply dont look.

We offer one free rescan if baby is in an un-scanable position.

Aww she's a cute little girl. Wish I had eyelashes like that! So long :)

We are getting a 4d scan done at 28 weeks-do exciting as you can see so much. Had a 4d one at 18 weeks too, will be great to see the changes.

Loopy Laura-yay for a little girl! How exciting :)

My eldest has long eyelashes too, inherited from DH. Very jealous of them lol.
I had a look in 4d at 12 weeks which was really weird, can't wait for next one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->