*October Bumpkins*2014* 43 Babies Born!

28 boys
20 girls now! :)
Girls are slowly catching up it seems.

Anyone else waiting gender news?

Congratulations on the new :pink: bumps :D

I won't be having a shower as it's not the usual thing over here, the closest we'll get is probably our parents buying us some of the bigger things, and at my work we usually do a card and collection for people going on maternity, so everyone clubs together to get something the new Mum needs for the baby. I'll bring in cakes and stuff on my last day too :)

Hubby felt his first kicks this evening! First time I'd felt them from the outside, so I got him to have a go too, and baby co-operated :cloud9:

In other news someone told me today that baby is 'definitely a girl' because my bump is really wide (i.e. she was telling me I've lost my waist, which I haven't completely yet!) Gee thanks, lol. As I said to her, well, baby will be whatever it's going to be, and it doesn't matter whether it's a boy or a girl!

Happy V-Day to meeeee!:D:D:D:D:D:happydance:
Can't believe I've finally hit 24 weeks! I remember starting 2nd tri and thinking it was agessss off.

Finally decided that my little boy is going to be Leo, he's my little lion already:kiss: Here's my 24 week bump picture (technically 23+6 but I'm not petty:haha:)

You look so good! I look like a beached whale lol! Leo is a lovely name!

What does V-Day mean by the way?

Yesterday was V-Day for me!! And it's been less humid the last few days here, so my ankle bones have returned! Baby has been moving like crazy lately, love feeling it. We are currently working on remodeling/redecorating 5 rooms in our home and it's a bit overwhelming, but it's getting there. My husband is a carpenter, so luckily he's doing it all himself (well, with help from me). I'm so tired of painting and messes though. As for a shower- I had 3 with my first. One on my side, one on hubby's side, and one church. I had one with my 2nd- it was at work. Don't plan on having any with this one, but I have most everything I need anyway except the basics so not too worried about it. Nice to see that girls are catching up. Love the bump pics, and glad everyone is doing well!

In other news someone told me today that baby is 'definitely a girl' because my bump is really wide (i.e. she was telling me I've lost my waist, which I haven't completely yet!) Gee thanks, lol. As I said to her, well, baby will be whatever it's going to be, and it doesn't matter whether it's a boy or a girl!

Ugh I hate when people make comments like that. Like geez insert foot in mouth now. My good friend told me when I was about 16 weeks. You don't look pregnant you just look like you've gained a couple pounds. Oh gee thanks.

V-Day is Viability Day!

Pregnancy Viability - What Does It mean?
In pregnancy, the term "viabilty" is often used to describe different situation. Viability may apply to the baby potentially surviving if born prematurely, and it also may mean that the fetus is still alive inside the uterus.

1. The pregnancy is viable: This is usually used to describe a pregnancy that is doing well. A viable pregnancy means that there is a fetal heart beat and that the fetus is alive. Or before there is a fetal heart beat (before 6 weeks 3 days) it could mean that the pregnancy hormone hCG is rising normally.

2. The fetus or baby is viable: This refers to the time in pregnancy when the baby, if born now and prematurely, has a reasonable chance of survival. For most hospitals in the United States the age of viability is about 24 weeks 0 days of the pregnancy. However, being born at 24 weeks does not mean that most babies will survive or that if they survive they will have no problems. The chances of survival increase with each day after 24 weeks, and the risks of complications decrease.

At 24 weeks is the cutoff point for when many doctors will use intensive medical intervention to attempt to save the life of a baby born prematurely including doing a cesarean section. Between 23 and 24 weeks is a "gray zone" where most doctors would not intervene. And below 23 weeks weeks doctors are unlikely to do a cesarean section for fetal reasons and most neonatologist will not resuscitate a baby born before 23 weeks, and many won't resuscitate a baby born between 23-24 weeks.

Good informative bit on v day there starbrites :) thanks for sharing :flower:

Ah i knew what viable means but totally didn't click onto the V-day, i have serious baby brain today! x

Ah i knew what viable means but totally didn't click onto the V-day, i have serious baby brain today! x

Long version short: It just means that at 24 weeks and up they will put in an effort to try and save baby if anything happens because baby has a greater chance of survival outside of the womb :)

I saw baby moving for first time today :) woke from my night shift and movent was air higher up, don't know if it was trying to change position or something but love it :)

I got another suit and 4 pairs of mittens :p so cute.

https://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y379/aimeehartnell/Mobile%20Uploads/20140611_123207_zps2ce0342a.jpg

I've got my 22 week midwife appointment this morning and hoping that I don't have the same midwife I had last time she was so horrible!

Also hoping that protein hasn't increased too!

24 week midwife appointment today for me... I can't believe how fast it's going!

Got my 25 week appointment today, my midwife seems to always be on holiday so it's a week early. Bet you she's just gonna tell me I'm fat again:haha:

Vicky - Omg! are you serious? she told you that you're fat? :haha: You last bump pic you look fine, not fat at all.

Got my 20weeek scan today. hoping to confirm it's a boy, and mostly hoping everything is okay with baby.

Good luck sister rose! :) sure he will still be a he!

Good luck for appointments ladies :)

Good luck at your scan SisterRose!!

*TMI post about sex.*

So DB and I haven't had sex in a few weeks because I was battling a yeast infection and every time we had sex it would hurt inside my vagina. So I got medicine for my infection and bought KY water-based liquid lube to help not get so dry and irritated. Last night we tried to have sex and it just ended up being awful. The lube got extremely sticky and I couldn't get comfortable in any position. I started crying because I felt hopeless and my sciatic pain was getting worse. I felt terrible for my boyfriend because I haven't been able to have sex and now that we tried I cried and we couldn't finish and was upset that I wasn't able to "move" like I used to. I hate this so much! Everyone talks about how great it is but it just made me feel fat and gross and unable to please my boyfriend, and being all sticky from the lube just made it 10x worse :/ He didn't get angry at all and was understanding but I still felt terrible. I don't know what I'm going to do.

I have a prenatal massage appointment for Friday and I'm hoping that it will help my sciatic pain. It's so bad that it has me in tears and I have a bad limp when I walk. I haven't been able to sleep in our bed because it makes it worse and I can't roll over without being in excruciating pain. My chiropractor said if the massage doesn't work then to call him and he will see what he can do for it. Crossing my fingers for some relief!!

I was lying in bed last friday watching my belly move. It kind of freaks DH out a little watching my belly move, LOL. The other night I think he was trying out for baby olympics in there. I have to say though it so much more reassuring being able to feel him move and kick.

Vicky - Omg! are you serious? she told you that you're fat? :haha: You last bump pic you look fine, not fat at all.

Got my 20weeek scan today. hoping to confirm it's a boy, and mostly hoping everything is okay with baby.

Haha last time I was there I was measuring above 90th percentile and she was like oooh you're big then aren't you, I just glared and was like are you calling me fat?:haha:

Good luck for your scan, here's hoping he's still all boy :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->