*October Bumpkins*2014* 43 Babies Born!

Good luck at your scan SisterRose!!

*TMI post about sex.*

So DB and I haven't had sex in a few weeks because I was battling a yeast infection and every time we had sex it would hurt inside my vagina. So I got medicine for my infection and bought KY water-based liquid lube to help not get so dry and irritated. Last night we tried to have sex and it just ended up being awful. The lube got extremely sticky and I couldn't get comfortable in any position. I started crying because I felt hopeless and my sciatic pain was getting worse. I felt terrible for my boyfriend because I haven't been able to have sex and now that we tried I cried and we couldn't finish and was upset that I wasn't able to "move" like I used to. I hate this so much! Everyone talks about how great it is but it just made me feel fat and gross and unable to please my boyfriend, and being all sticky from the lube just made it 10x worse :/ He didn't get angry at all and was understanding but I still felt terrible. I don't know what I'm going to do.

I have a prenatal massage appointment for Friday and I'm hoping that it will help my sciatic pain. It's so bad that it has me in tears and I have a bad limp when I walk. I haven't been able to sleep in our bed because it makes it worse and I can't roll over without being in excruciating pain. My chiropractor said if the massage doesn't work then to call him and he will see what he can do for it. Crossing my fingers for some relief!!

StarBrites why won't your chiropractor do anything? I go to mine when I start to feel pain and it is instant relief! Also on the sex thing, I'm with you on not feeling sexy, at all! My dh has gotten more "personal attention" from my hand or other body parts. It doesn't always have to be intercourse. I tend to feel swollen down there and it just does not feel like it used to. I don't remember things being so uncomfortable my first time pg!

Good luck SisterRose! I too hope to confirm boy parts at my next scan! Lol

Vicky you look great, I can't imagine them telling you you are fat!

Good luck at your scan SisterRose!!

*TMI post about sex.*

So DB and I haven't had sex in a few weeks because I was battling a yeast infection and every time we had sex it would hurt inside my vagina. So I got medicine for my infection and bought KY water-based liquid lube to help not get so dry and irritated. Last night we tried to have sex and it just ended up being awful. The lube got extremely sticky and I couldn't get comfortable in any position. I started crying because I felt hopeless and my sciatic pain was getting worse. I felt terrible for my boyfriend because I haven't been able to have sex and now that we tried I cried and we couldn't finish and was upset that I wasn't able to "move" like I used to. I hate this so much! Everyone talks about how great it is but it just made me feel fat and gross and unable to please my boyfriend, and being all sticky from the lube just made it 10x worse :/ He didn't get angry at all and was understanding but I still felt terrible. I don't know what I'm going to do.

I have a prenatal massage appointment for Friday and I'm hoping that it will help my sciatic pain. It's so bad that it has me in tears and I have a bad limp when I walk. I haven't been able to sleep in our bed because it makes it worse and I can't roll over without being in excruciating pain. My chiropractor said if the massage doesn't work then to call him and he will see what he can do for it. Crossing my fingers for some relief!!

Try using coconut oil. It's what my husband and I use and it's better than anything we've ever gotten. The only issue with it is when you're not pregnant and using a condom or what not. But with it it doesn't dry up, doesn't get sticky and feels way better than actual lubricants.

Everyone looks so good with their bumps! I'm still over here waiting for mine to pop out! I never thought that I would be someone 5 1/2 months pregnant and not showing! It makes sense when I think about it now. I am 6ft tall and I am overweight. On the plus side I haven't gained any weight since being pregnant and I know he's measuring fine. Actually he's measuring ahead!

On another note I think I felt baby move from the outside yesterday. Only once though, and every time I would try to feel again he would stop moving.

I have my 24 week check up today too. There's doing a cervical length and growth scan too just to make sure my cervix isn't shortening anymore then it already is....I'm so excited. I can't wait to see if she's head down like I suspect.

Oh boy on the sex subject. First I should start by saying that I'm on pelvic rest so dh can't actually go inside but he likes for me to get into positions and even that is a hassle. I'm super dry as well so doing anything to me is out of the question but when I'm horny by god am I horny and ready to go so hopefully you'll still have some moments like that but yeah I wouldn't expect that all the time. I won't use lube right now just because of my situation but we have some preseed left maybe it's worth it to try a different brand or something natural.

Baby wardrobe put together by myself and filled by me :cloud9:

Rail is 0-3 & newborn clothes, top small shelf is knitted stuff in range of sizes, underneath that is 3-6 then underneath that one is 6-12 clothes.. bottom is changing mat and blankets and top is monitors, breast feeding pillow, bottles, steriliser etc etc xx

Attachments

• wardrobe.jpg
    wardrobe.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 11
DH wouldn't budge even if I begged him to have sex. He is too scared that it might get awkward and that he might hurt me or baby. I told him a hundred times it won't be that way... but what else can I do... I can't really force him to be intimate. :( He knows I want it anyways. So I just left it at that and am not asking anymore.

DH wouldn't budge even if I begged him to have sex. He is too scared that it might get awkward and that he might hurt me or baby. I told him a hundred times it won't be that way... but what else can I do... I can't really force him to be intimate. :( He knows I want it anyways. So I just left it at that and am not asking anymore.

I have the exact same problem at the moment, I'm desperate for OH to have sex with me but he's really frightened it will hurt LO, or bring on labour or something horrible like that! I made him promise that now we've hit v day we'll start trying once a week gently.

Horrible situation. :hugs:

Rail is 0-3 & newborn clothes, top small shelf is knitted stuff in range of sizes, underneath that is 3-6 then underneath that one is 6-12 clothes.. bottom is changing mat and blankets and top is monitors, breast feeding pillow, bottles, steriliser etc etc xx

Beautiful wardrobe! So organized. I wish I could be that organized. :cry: :haha:

If anyone is having a 3d/4d scan in the uk window to the womb have a v.i.b package for half price £130 at minute, weve just booked in for it!! x

Back from 20 week scan, baby looks healthy and everything about him is normal(definitely a boy!) I was booked in for a consultant scan because of growth problems in my previous pregnancies to check my placenta and the bad news is I have notching on both sides of my uterine arterys so the placenta isnt functioning as well as it should :nope:
I asked if this was likely what happened in my other pregnancies and she said yes she'd bet it is and that there's nothing else I can do about it now other than take it easy and hope for the best really. I think worst, worst case scenario is the placenta stops working altogether and baby doesn't make it but most likely I am high risk for IUGR/restricted growth(which I had in my last pregnancy) Pre-eclampsia, placental abruption and preterm birth. I am honestly crapping myself. I just hope baby is happy to stay in until 36/37 weeks when I think that they'll be likely to induce me if everything has gone okay up to that point.
I start growth scans from 24 weeks this time, so hoping things look ok.

Beautiful wardrobe! So organized. I wish I could be that organized. :cry: :haha:

Now i have no job i have to fill my days up somehow! :haha: I really need to start decorating the stairs & bathroom but i just can't be bothered so i go in nursery every day and find something to do :blush:

Just spoken to my midwife and she didn't make it sound as scary as I've read. Still creeps me out about how grim the consultant looked when she was telling me though! Hopefully growth will be totally normal from 24 weeks anyway, and midwife reckons if it is they'll look to keep me going to term no worries and if not aim for 37weeks, which is great! :)

Ugh I have to get my things organized, everything is just piled in the corner lol

Just spoken to my midwife and she didn't make it sound as scary as I've read. Still creeps me out about how grim the consultant looked when she was telling me though! Hopefully growth will be totally normal from 24 weeks anyway, and midwife reckons if it is they'll look to keep me going to term no worries and if not aim for 37weeks, which is great! :)

I'd rather them tell me the worst case scenarios and have extra monitoring then they act like it's no big deal. It's good they caught it now and you'll have extra scans to make sure all is well. And they have so many different medicines and preventative measures now a days that really what should scare the shit out of you is still scary but at least you know you have options.

Fingers crossed baby grows well and everything ends up being ok

Love the wardrobe Stacy.

Sorry to learn of such difficult news SisterRose, I will be keeping you and your LO in my thoughts and prayers.

Good luck to those with upcoming appointments and scans!

Speaking of which, has anyone heard from MamaMac? I thought she was to have a scan this past Monday? It's been several days now and I haven't seen her update on here or on her blog, somewhat unusual. I pray that all is well.

I have the exact same problem at the moment, I'm desperate for OH to have sex with me but he's really frightened it will hurt LO, or bring on labour or something horrible like that! I made him promise that now we've hit v day we'll start trying once a week gently.

Horrible situation. :hugs:

I hear you sista! :hugs:

Herez a bump comparison pic for fun. My initial picture was of crappy quality... but here it is! :)

Attachments

• Comparison 01.jpg
    Comparison 01.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 10

So sorry to hear this but I'm so glad the midwife was more positive:hugs:

I FINALLY announced on my Facebook, just changed my profile picture. Everyone keeps telling me I look beautiful, I'm just like I know:smug::haha:
Also found out my ex has been sleeping with one of the girls he was talking to before we broke up, he said nothing ever happened when we were together but he went on a date with her to tgi's the day after we broke up.
Then when I said how could you do that to me when only 2 weeks earlier you were telling me you loved me and doing the same thing he had the cheek to say "that's life" but still wants to be there when he's born:dohh:
Pffft, he's not having anything to do with my son now and guess what, that's life too!

I FINALLY announced on my Facebook, just changed my profile picture. Everyone keeps telling me I look beautiful, I'm just like I know:smug::haha:
Also found out my ex has been sleeping with one of the girls he was talking to before we broke up, he said nothing ever happened when we were together but he went on a date with her to tgi's the day after we broke up.
Then when I said how could you do that to me when only 2 weeks earlier you were telling me you loved me and doing the same thing he had the cheek to say "that's life" but still wants to be there when he's born:dohh:
Pffft, he's not having anything to do with my son now and guess what, that's life too!
better for you to find out what he is like now than later.

Back from 20 week scan, baby looks healthy and everything about him is normal(definitely a boy!) I was booked in for a consultant scan because of growth problems in my previous pregnancies to check my placenta and the bad news is I have notching on both sides of my uterine arterys so the placenta isnt functioning as well as it should :nope:
I asked if this was likely what happened in my other pregnancies and she said yes she'd bet it is and that there's nothing else I can do about it now other than take it easy and hope for the best really. I think worst, worst case scenario is the placenta stops working altogether and baby doesn't make it but most likely I am high risk for IUGR/restricted growth(which I had in my last pregnancy) Pre-eclampsia, placental abruption and preterm birth. I am honestly crapping myself. I just hope baby is happy to stay in until 36/37 weeks when I think that they'll be likely to induce me if everything has gone okay up to that point.
I start growth scans from 24 weeks this time, so hoping things look ok.

These boys are awkward!!! you will be fine and he definitely will be. keep positive xxx

He is truly awful, how could a "man" do that to his pregnant partner!! Hes made me mad and i don't know him lol!! You will meet someone some day who is a real man and will look after you and little Leo xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->