*October Bumpkins*2014* 43 Babies Born!

I've had a right day of it!! Brilliant midwife appointment & breast feeding one then we went to fish shop to get our fishes food.... well we found our fish who we rehomed last week swimming around in one of the tanks :growlmad: :growlmad: a bloke who bought him did it for money to sell him on and he even used his child to exploit us, i know its only a fish to some people but we had him from a baby and hand fed him the lot... so OH has bought him back and not rehoming him again... OH doesnt live with me right now hes moving in, in july so before then our new plan is to rip my living room floor up and cementing it so it takes all the weight of his tank.. they tried selling us our fish back for £50 when the bloke bought him for £5 then sold him to the shop for £25, i think he felt sorry for me when i stood there crying so gave us the fish for £25 :blush: :blush:

Stacy- Glad everything went well with your midwife today! xx a bit ridiculous about your fish though...

zephyr- the suit is so cute!!

Vicky- That is just a whole bunch of douch baggery right there! Better to find out how he is now than to find out later! You will find someone better who will treat you and little Leo with nothing but love! xx

AFM: 22 weeks today! :happydance: I am waiting for the pictures I emailed to myself to come through to post a bump pic.. hope it comes through soon, lol! Hope everyone one is doing well!

What do you girls think? A proper bump finally? :haha: I think I am carrying like I did with my daughter.

Attachments

• 2014-06-11 18.14.03.jpg
    2014-06-11 18.14.03.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 2014-06-11 18.13.35.jpg
    2014-06-11 18.13.35.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 2014-06-11 18.13.29.jpg
    2014-06-11 18.13.29.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 4
I got a doppler today. I found it at the Goodwill store for $5. My daughter loved listening to the baby, she had a huge smile on her face.

La mere it sure looks like a bump!

I am so exhausted. I don't even know why I just know that twin toddlers are much more tiring than twin newborns!!! And we had a high need twin too that never let us sleep and I still think this toddler stage is harder.
They are up at 5am and down at 7-8pm. They don't nap at the same time during the day when I want them to!
I was hoping for a nap today myself but nope one decided she is not tired.
When they are awake it is constant go go go they get into everything and do the opposite of everything I say.

I hid a bag of pineapple lumps in my cupboard and im going to go stuff my face cos I feel really crappy today haha

I'm crap at keeping up with this thread, sorry everyone! Just thought I'd update: I'm having 2 boys!!! XXXX

Hi guys! Sorry I've been MIA this week. My moms in town for the week and we're busy decorating the nursery! I missed a bunch and not sure I'll have a chance to read through it all so sorry to any fun news I've missed!

We had our gender scan on Monday and did our balloon box reveal that evening! We are officially team :pink: & team :blue: !!!!

image.jpg

My husband is so excited! I have 3 step daughters so he is so thrilled to have a boy! I love that my maternal instincts were right! I thought baby b was a boy and baby a was a girl!

I posted our reveal and scan story on my blog with a bunch more photos if anyone wants to take a look:

https://babymac123.blogspot.ca/2014/06/3d-ultrasound-gender-reveal.html?m=1

Hope everyone is doing well! I should be back to regular activity in here after this week :) and will hopefully have some fun nursery photos to share!

Yay!
Congrats in two boys Calm :)

Congrats on a boy and girl mamamac!

:happydance:
I love these updates :)

Yay congrats mamamac :)

Guess which midwife I had . . . Yep the horrible one from before! She really doesn't fill me with confidence that she knows what she is doing. She told me she hadn't seen me before when she obviously had, her name and signature are in my notes for a start then she decided she had seen me before halfway through the appointment. She then asked me if there were any problems at my scan . . . Well the hospital doesn't tell us here the midwife does so I said I thought that she would have the information for me and all she did was flick through my notes and said that she thinks it looks ok but didn't even read the hospital report!

All I got was blood pressure, urine test (which I'm presuming the protein has disappeared as she didn't say but there is nothing in my notes to say that it is present), she checked his heart rate briefly, and said I need to book in for a blood test at 27 weeks. I don't have to see her until 28 weeks and that was it . . . Nothing else was discussed and I don't really know if I'm missing out on anything! I also said I don't think he moves that much compared to others at the same stage but she didn't say anything about that!

Sorry for going on just needed to get it off my chest.

Yay congrats mamamac :)

Guess which midwife I had . . . Yep the horrible one from before! She really doesn't fill me with confidence that she knows what she is doing. She told me she hadn't seen me before when she obviously had, her name and signature are in my notes for a start then she decided she had seen me before halfway through the appointment. She then asked me if there were any problems at my scan . . . Well the hospital doesn't tell us here the midwife does so I said I thought that she would have the information for me and all she did was flick through my notes and said that she thinks it looks ok but didn't even read the hospital report!

All I got was blood pressure, urine test (which I'm presuming the protein has disappeared as she didn't say but there is nothing in my notes to say that it is present), she checked his heart rate briefly, and said I need to book in for a blood test at 27 weeks. I don't have to see her until 28 weeks and that was it . . . Nothing else was discussed and I don't really know if I'm missing out on anything! I also said I don't think he moves that much compared to others at the same stage but she didn't say anything about that!

Sorry for going on just needed to get it off my chest.

I'm sorry :( Can you not get a different one?

Kiki-how annoying! Did she not even check the fundal height or ask how your feeling?
I don't understand why some people do these kinds of jobs :dohh:

Calm--Congrats on the two boys!

MamaMac-- Yay for one of each! So excited for you. Can't wait to see pics.

Yo-yo was your original due date the 4th of October? Xx

Yes! I thought I was due around 3-4th October, but every scan (8 or so now) all show September 27! So that's the date they are going with!

Calm and mama mac Congrats on the gender scans!

I finally ordered my nursery set! The room is not cleaned out at all, but stuff is coming! Maybe when it comes in it will feel more real and will motivate me to clean out the room and closet. It might be a little easier if my dh would quit burning every box I set aside to fill with stuff! Lol. He is such a pain sometimes :)

Congrats on the gender reveal Mamamac! That's super exciting, and awesome that you were right!

Kiki isn't there anyway you could get a different midwife? I don't know how it works there but I know I can get a different doctor any time I want here.

As for me, my husband and I are going shopping for our nursery set this weekend. I don't think we are buying it yet, but I told him we have to at least pick it out.

Hearty congratulations Mamamac on :oneofeach: . It was such a cute reveal and I see how happy you are for the right instinct that you had! :)

Calm - congrats on :twinboys: You might have your hands full once they get to the toddler stage.

Kiki - It is horrible your midwife is so unhelpful. You should probably choose a different care provider. I understand how annoyed you must have felt at that attitude.

AFM - 23 weeks today! :dance: One week to V-day! My face and neck have gotten pretty dark. Is anyone else facing the same issue. I thought pregnant women are supposed to glow with special brightness... but I'm just getting darker by the day! :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->