*October Bumpkins*2014* 43 Babies Born!

Is it just me or is anyone else confused by months / weeks... some people class themselves 6 months pregnant at 24 weeks and others don't... i think i'm going to say i'm 6 months it sounds closer lol!!

Is it just me or is anyone else confused by months / weeks... some people class themselves 6 months pregnant at 24 weeks and others don't... i think i'm going to say i'm 6 months it sounds closer lol!!

Yes it confuses me too! I think I will follow your example :winkwink:

Yo yo I love it!!! So cute!!

I've also peed myself sneezing a couple times already. So annoying!

I've been asked a few times lately how many months I am and I can't answer haha I only know weeks!

I usually just divide however many weeks I am by four to get how many months pregnant I am. Since I'm 22 weeks pregnant I tell people 5 1/2 months pregnant. It's the easiest for me and people understand better.

What I don't understand is how so many women with kids (especially young kids) that don't understand the concept of how many weeks pregnant.

I usually just divide however many weeks I am by four to get how many months pregnant I am. Since I'm 22 weeks pregnant I tell people 5 1/2 months pregnant. It's the easiest for me and people understand better.

What I don't understand is how so many women with kids (especially young kids) that don't understand the concept of how many weeks pregnant.

I used to work with a girl who was pregnant with her third and when I asked her how far along she was she said "I don't know, like 3 months or something." She knew when she was due and that was good enough for her.

I do something strange when calculating. I count by 4s and 5s... For example, I say I am 1 month when I am 4 weeks pregnant, but I will not say I am 2 months until I am 9 weeks pregnant (added 4 weeks the first time, 5 weeks the second time, then alternating between the two)

Here's the breakdown:
1 month: 4 weeks - 4 weeks added
2 months: 9 weeks- 5 weeks added
3 months: 13 weeks- 4 weeks added
4 months: 18 weeks- 5 weeks added
5 months: 22 weeks- 4 weeks added
6 months: 27 weeks- 5 weeks added
7 months: 31 weeks- 4 weeks added
8 months: 36 weeks- 5 weeks added
9 months: 40 weeks- 4 weeks added

Hope this helps and makes sense!

Yo yo: I love it!! I would love something like that!

I will be seeing the doctor in the next town over that will be delivering my baby. I will be having a c-section this time. I had one with #1 due to dd being breech and then tried for a vbac, but had a horrible labor that ended up in c-section. It will be a lot better this time to go straight for the c-section. My appointment is on June 30th. Can't wait!!

My neighbour is due end of july and every time ive asked how many weeks she is now shes like "uhhm I dont actually know im due end of july" she has one child already.

I myself look forward to reading every weekly milestone for every pregnancy.....I guess maybe some people arent that interested?

I am at the local village drs for my midwife care and they hold the midwife day on a Wednesday where I am and just dispatch a midwife from the (not so) local hospital. She's the only one that comes across now for the clinic so the only way I can change midwife is to change to a different surgery in town and they are really bad there :(

The only one thing I'm really looking forward to is when she has to come and do a home visit after he is here, we live on a farm with OH parents and sister also on the farm (different houses however :p) and it's always a complete mad house with something always needing to be done. As she is a bit of a clean freak with no sense of humour whatsoever I think that could be quite fun! I'm really sure I'm going to make her feel as unwelcome here as what she makes me feel in the surgery!

Still in better news I thought I hadn't felt him too much yet but I actually saw him kick my belly from the outside and OH managed to catch it too :D made me cry lol :p

Aww Kiki-how cute you saw a lovely kick from the outside :) they never fail to raise a smile do they?

Urgh-your midwife sounds annoying! Will be nice for you to see her at your home when baby is here-is that an option for all visits? I seem to remember my midwife saying something about they can do home appointments, but it's not often they do.

Ha ha! My poor baby-look what I bought :)
View attachment 774761

I've got that too... using it for his birth announcement or first photo shoot... They will love us when first partners come home and we pull all photos out haha xx

I know-that's my plan too-get lots of pics of then in it, and being then out when they are teens and young men! :haha:

Ohhh-I notice it's your v-day!! :happydance: happy v day :)

Yo yo: I love it!! I would love something like that!

I will be seeing the doctor in the next town over that will be delivering my baby. I will be having a c-section this time. I had one with #1 due to dd being breech and then tried for a vbac, but had a horrible labor that ended up in c-section. It will be a lot better this time to go straight for the c-section. My appointment is on June 30th. Can't wait!!

That's great your decided on a c section after your last experience. Sounds the right choice for you :)

I do something strange when calculating. I count by 4s and 5s... For example, I say I am 1 month when I am 4 weeks pregnant, but I will not say I am 2 months until I am 9 weeks pregnant (added 4 weeks the first time, 5 weeks the second time, then alternating between the two)

Here's the breakdown:
1 month: 4 weeks - 4 weeks added
2 months: 9 weeks- 5 weeks added
3 months: 13 weeks- 4 weeks added
4 months: 18 weeks- 5 weeks added
5 months: 22 weeks- 4 weeks added
6 months: 27 weeks- 5 weeks added
7 months: 31 weeks- 4 weeks added
8 months: 36 weeks- 5 weeks added
9 months: 40 weeks- 4 weeks added

Hope this helps and makes sense!

Yep I get it I think lol! Thank you x

As for the week to month conversion I just looked up online for the conversion chart and printed it out.

https://www.baby2see.com/pregnancylength.html

I get to see my baby boy again today. They couldn't get all the pictures they needed on the ultrasound 2 weeks ago so I have to go back.

I've been planning my dd first birthday all month. I can't believe it's been a year and I'm pregnant again!

As for the week to month conversion I just looked up online for the conversion chart and printed it out.

https://www.baby2see.com/pregnancylength.html

That's really helpful cntrygrl.
Thank-you. x

6 months does sound a lot better then 24 weeks doesn't it ? Lol

I think it's funny when people don't know the concept of weeks or months and my bil is the worse. His gf told me her due date was jul23 and I remembered that bc my birthday is around there and then all the sudden he started telling people she's due is May and I was like wtf may and July are way off then he started saying June so I'm like ok he seriously has no clue and when I asked her again when she was due she said July 23 so I think guys just don't know anything about that stuff. And this is my bils 3rd he should def know better. Then when she was only 29 weeks he was telling me that that doc said she might go into labor within 2 weeks and I'm thinking holy shit that's not good but he was all excited about it so I don't think he grasped the idea that baby needs to stay in as long as they can.

My dh on the other hand knows that were 24 weeks and he's right on the ball when someone asks us he'll answer first.

Man I really need to keep up better with this thread! I just had to read 8 pages! :p Anyway I wanted to weigh in on a few things that I read and I have a bit of a predicament with the doctor that I wanted to ask for your opinions on what you would do.

In terms of the sex post by StarBrites, I understand 100% and have cried a few times because we were unable to do anything because I couldn't get comfortable or something would hurt, etc. I felt like I lost my womanly-ness (yeah totally made that up!) and that I was not going to be able to satisfy my OH until after the baby comes and such. Just hang in there. Sometimes we can do it and something we can't but OH understands now even though he does get frustrated at the time and I get upset. Just have to take it one day at a time. :)

In terms of the heartburn, GeralynB, I started getting that around 15 weeks and peeing a bit when sneezing I've had that since about 18 weeks give or take. I hate it and it's worse than ever now because I have bad summer allergies so I'm constantly sneezing now.

AFM - Overall I've been feeling pretty good and baby boy is doing just fantastic. Went in for my 23/24 week prenatal appointment today with the doctor. I had high hopes of getting some answers today and she crushed that big time! I am absolutely livid how things went. For the good stuff, little man is measuring right on schedule and everything is great with him and as far as we know he did not inherit my scoliosis. Everything with me is good but I got a referral for medical prenatal massage therapy to help with my scoliosis because it has been getting really, really bad lately and I don't know how much longer I will be able to stay at work with it. Speaking of my back here is what I need your opinions on. I injured my back when I was in grade 9 and had many tests and a bunch of issues with it for a few years after that. At that time my mom was told that I would never be able to do natural child birth because of the position of my spine and the pressure that comes with pushing and such. Over the years I keep getting this checked and keep being told the same thing. Well last year I got through to my doctor when I moved here and she never ever looked at my back in the whole year I've been seeing her. So today I asked her if she would be scheduling me for a C-Section and she said no because I don't need one that everything will be just fine. Um no it won't because all the doctors previous to her that I have seen told me the complete opposite for the past 15 years! She won't even LOOK at my back at all and I am scared of the outcomes for my back. I have no idea what to do or how to approach her to make her see I have to do this via scheduled C-Section. Ugh. I'm so heartbroken, upset, and frustrated. I am so worked up about it I stayed home from work today. What would you do?

Sorry this was so long I just don't know who else to talk to that understands. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->