*October Bumpkins*2014* 43 Babies Born!

Omg in less than two week onto single digits on count down! Going so quick! On the plus side with work I still have to take my 7wk annual leave before I go off so with all that in mind I only have 6 working weeks left eeeeeeek!! I'm waiting for my last 3 weeks of shift to be put out (I'm a nurse so different all the time) then that's me done for just over a year!

So jealous, wish I could take that much time off and still have my same position but us law says they only have to hold my job for 12 weeks . Ugh. I'm ready to be done with work already.

God 12 weeks!! That's nothing :-( the nhs maternity pay is really good, I've only took 9 months in the past as law says you can now have a year but you get no money at all for the last 3 month. But my eldest starts school in sept so I'll be off for the full year and I'd never get the opportunity to have all school holidays off in my job so taking the opportunity while I can lol.

Oh full of cold! Yuck

23 weeks today :D only 1 week to v-day :D

Had my first proper big craving yesterday . . . Garlic bread :p I are a whole baguette yesterday in one sitting . . . Oops! And I really want to eat more this morning. Funny thing is normally I'm not keen on it!

Baby is moving like crazy tonight. I'm sitting here watching my belly move because he keeps punching me. It's always right below my belly button. I haven't really felt any kicks yet but lots of punches, he likes to move his arms around a lot, we saw that on the ultrasound on Friday. The technician said his feet are up in my ribs so I'm glad he's not kicking them (yet).

Aww how cute :) love watching my belly moving around too!

Happy V-Day ljo & MrsEleflump!

No leaky boobs here, but is anyone elses button sticking out already? I literally have a nub for a belly button now.

On another note friends of mine had been confirmed that they were having a girl. They've already had their shower and everything she's due soon. Well they had an ultrasound last thursday and they're really having a boy! It was quite the shock to them.

No leaky boobs here, but is anyone elses button sticking out already? I literally have a nub for a belly button now.

On another note friends of mine had been confirmed that they were having a girl. They've already had their shower and everything she's due soon. Well they had an ultrasound last thursday and they're really having a boy! It was quite the shock to them.

I would freak out if they told me that! Lol. I am a little nervous because though the lady told boy, and gave me a pic of boy parts when I spoke to the dr's nurse she kept referring to him as a her while reading the notes of my scan! She claims she refers to all the babies as her, but it is still in the back of my mind.

I get to see my little guy again in 2 hours! I slept poorly last night because I am so excited!

That happened with my MIL with my husband. She wad tills girl once in the beginning and never had it checked again. Didn't know until he was actuality born that he was actually a boy!

I couldn't imagine that happening! It would be so shocking especially if you are only prepared for the other gender.

Congrats to everyone on making it to v-day! I've got one more week for me! It's going so fast!

My husband is stressing me out! We went to look at cribs this weekend to finally pick one out. And we decided to get just a dresser and a changing pad on that instead of getting a changing table as well. Then he tells me again that we won't get it until after he's born. He's told me this before which causes me to panic and freak out a little. Then goes to say we'll he won't use it until 6 months after, he's not even going to use it for naps. You don't need the dresser yet either, we'll save 10% if we wait. Cause babies r us offers 10% of your registry after the baby is born.

He didn't seem to understand that putting that stuff together with a newborn isn't going to be easy. But he doesn't want to listen to me, he's the expert already and knows exactly what to do.

Hey all!!! I got my BFP this morning 10 dpo! Thank you to all the ladies who have kept in touch and cheered me on. I'll always have my October bumpkin in my heart. I am so excited to be joining the February babies group! Please let this be a sticky bean! I'll keep in touch.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! So So So happy for you!!! x:happydance:

it's common to miss the winky if ultrasonic too early! Everything looks the same for a while. That's why i wouldn't trust anything until 18 weeks at least!

Mushymilk-- Sorry your husband is being such a stick in the mud. I told mine that the room had to be finished before my first baby shower otherwise it will be a pain moving stuff in and out after that. So the room better be done before July 27th. He was good and started doing some spackling last night on small nail & tack holes in that room.

it's common to miss the winky if ultrasonic too early! Everything looks the same for a while. That's why i wouldn't trust anything until 18 weeks at least!

I definitely agree. Lol although if you're told you're having a boy I think the chances are far less that it's really a girl.

I am so excited...my best friend is flying in on Wednesday and will be here until Sunday specifically to paint the nursery!!! Her birthday was last month and she told her husband she wanted a plain ticket for her birthday. How good of a friend is that!?! I'm taking Wednesday off to pick her up and get all the supplies but will have to work the rest of the week and only be able to help her in the evenings until the weekend. Along with painting, we're also going to make an ABC accent wall with different sized letters and misc objects (we ranch so a horseshoe will be the U, laso for the 0...etc)! Pinterest is such a resource!

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

That's scary! I hope they still can't see a winky next week or I'll be sending back a baby grow.

Congrats jm!!

I can't wait till v-day! Only a few more days!!!

That happened with my MIL with my husband. She wad tills girl once in the beginning and never had it checked again. Didn't know until he was actuality born that he was actually a boy!

I couldn't imagine that happening! It would be so shocking especially if you are only prepared for the other gender.

Congrats to everyone on making it to v-day! I've got one more week for me! It's going so fast!

My husband is stressing me out! We went to look at cribs this weekend to finally pick one out. And we decided to get just a dresser and a changing pad on that instead of getting a changing table as well. Then he tells me again that we won't get it until after he's born. He's told me this before which causes me to panic and freak out a little. Then goes to say we'll he won't use it until 6 months after, he's not even going to use it for naps. You don't need the dresser yet either, we'll save 10% if we wait. Cause babies r us offers 10% of your registry after the baby is born.

He didn't seem to understand that putting that stuff together with a newborn isn't going to be easy. But he doesn't want to listen to me, he's the expert already and knows exactly what to do.

Yeah as this is my second go of things, I know you definitely don't need a changing table so long as you have a dresser that is the proper height. I don't even think it is necessary to buy the dresser from babies r us...any dresser should do! I don't know if you are crafty or not, but maybe refinishing a garage sale find or something similar could be fun before the baby arrives! These are things I can't do now that I have a little one and I sort of miss these crafty kinda things :)

I have to vent for a minute…DH and i are keeping names for the baby a surprise. We don't have a name yet but have some ideas. Before we knew the sex, there was a girls name that I really like and pretty sure that's what we would have used or will use if our second baby is a girl. I told DH that I wanted the names to be a surprise and he knew that. So yesterday, we're at my FILs house for Father's Day and my FIL starts asking about if we've picked a name yet. I say no we didn't decide yet and we want to keep them a surprise. My FIL and his wife both were like yea that's smart…so we hear your girls name would have been Juliette. And they proceed to say the name I liked. My face must have been shocked because DH started talking a million miles a minute trying to change the subject. Later in the car when we leave I was like "Why did you tell them our name?!?!" He was like, "Well we're not having a girl so I thought it was okay" And I said, " What if we have a girl next time???" I am so mad about this! So now my FIL, his wife, my 2 BILs and their wives all heard the name because they were standing right there. UGH!!!!!!

I have to vent for a minute…DH and i are keeping names for the baby a surprise. We don't have a name yet but have some ideas. Before we knew the sex, there was a girls name that I really like and pretty sure that's what we would have used or will use if our second baby is a girl. I told DH that I wanted the names to be a surprise and he knew that. So yesterday, we're at my FILs house for Father's Day and my FIL starts asking about if we've picked a name yet. I say no we didn't decide yet and we want to keep them a surprise. My FIL and his wife both were like yea that's smart…so we hear your girls name would have been Juliette. And they proceed to say the name I liked. My face must have been shocked because DH started talking a million miles a minute trying to change the subject. Later in the car when we leave I was like "Why did you tell them our name?!?!" He was like, "Well we're not having a girl so I thought it was okay" And I said, " What if we have a girl next time???" I am so mad about this! So now my FIL, his wife, my 2 BILs and their wives all heard the name because they were standing right there. UGH!!!!!!

Oh boy your dh is in some big trouble. But in his defense I don't think guys understand the why behind the why. I would be furious with him because that my biggest fear is that so someone else will have a girl first and then the name I love so much is now up for grabs and it would all be my dh's fault. Actually I made that mistake once of telling my sil who I now hate that I loved the name Isabelle bc I like the nickname izzy and now she calls her sisters daughter izzy and her name is lizabeth, need less to say that was the very beginning of our many many spats with that sil so I would totally kill my dh if he did that. Although something similar happened to us this time but dh picked the name so if someone steals it on his it'll be his heart that gets broken not mine. Were having a girl and everytime someone asks about the name he says we don't know yet but if we would had a boy he name would have been Marciano....I think he thinks he just claimed that name but I'm all reality he just put it up for grabs.

I really hope this doesn't cause too much of an issue for you guys and maybe you'll be one of the lucky ones who's family respects them and they'll know better then too steal your name.

Here is my lo! I can not believe how much his face filled out in a month! Still measuring ahead, and although they won't change my due date at this point by their calculations it put me at sept 29th! He has both feet and one hand up by his face and he is butt down, silly little yoga boy!

Attachments

• 20140616_151627.jpg
    20140616_151627.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 11
He is beautiful Kel21!

Can't wait t see the finished product cntrygal! What a lovely best friend to join you and create a nursery for your LO!

Congrats to those ladies reaching V-day

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->