*October Bumpkins*2014* 43 Babies Born!

Oh and I rang drs yesterday for a fit to fly letter off mw, she said to ring nearer time for one. Turns out I've another new mw (last one was new too) so I've self refered to our hospitals home birth team who have just started taking on ladies for antenatal appointments so you get continuity with the mw who will (supposedly) be there at birth. Just sent them my number to call to go over everything eeeeeek.

You need to have a letter to fly?? I'm planning on flying in July and didn't know that...I better ask my midwife about this

I thought I had killed her! Is that possible? can she die if I lay on my back for too long?

From everything that I've read, the risk is depriving the baby of oxygen. And that if you've gotten into a position of depriving the baby, YOU also will begin to be deprived and short of breath, and most likely wake up. (I read this when I was pregnant with DS #1 five years ago, so I don't remember where or how reliable.) I often wake up on my back, too. Just roll back over, and try not to stress too much. : )

My belly button doesn't pop out either. Even overdue they were slightly innie!
It's weird though seeing your belly button all different!

So what do you ladies still have to buy?

I've got to get loads, tell me I'm not the only one! :haha:

You are not alone, we still need EVERYTHING. lol But we are so busy this time of year that I don't have time to stress about it yet. But I don't plan on buying too much. We're limited on space and I don't want to get something for baby and he not really use it. I'll probably do one shopping trip next month (we live 2 hours from anything besides a Walmart) to pick up a car seat, look for a dresser for a changing table, and a few other things and then another shopping trip after my shower. Of course, when I get huge and can't help here on the ranch and it's hot outside, I may be glad to make trips to shop for baby.

For the ladies who plan to pump or have pumped in the past, do you have a breast pump picked out or one that you used before that you would recommend? I've heard great things about the medela, but it's way pricey. If it's worth the cost and nothing compares I don't mind spending the money. But I'm a bargain shopper at heart. :)

Oh and I rang drs yesterday for a fit to fly letter off mw, she said to ring nearer time for one. Turns out I've another new mw (last one was new too) so I've self refered to our hospitals home birth team who have just started taking on ladies for antenatal appointments so you get continuity with the mw who will (supposedly) be there at birth. Just sent them my number to call to go over everything eeeeeek.

You need to have a letter to fly?? I'm planning on flying in July and didn't know that...I better ask my midwife about this

Sometimes they ask for fit to fly letter after 27 weeks. When we fly home I'll only be a few days over that but thought best to be safe than sorry. It's just a letter to say pregnancy is going to plan n no problems.

You are not alone, we still need EVERYTHING. lol But we are so busy this time of year that I don't have time to stress about it yet. But I don't plan on buying too much. We're limited on space and I don't want to get something for baby and he not really use it. I'll probably do one shopping trip next month (we live 2 hours from anything besides a Walmart) to pick up a car seat, look for a dresser for a changing table, and a few other things and then another shopping trip after my shower. Of course, when I get huge and can't help here on the ranch and it's hot outside, I may be glad to make trips to shop for baby.

For the ladies who plan to pump or have pumped in the past, do you have a breast pump picked out or one that you used before that you would recommend? I've heard great things about the medela, but it's way pricey. If it's worth the cost and nothing compares I don't mind spending the money. But I'm a bargain shopper at heart. :)

I used the medala swing. It was brilliant and worth every penny. I've actually just had it back from a friend I loaned it too. She used it everyday for almost 8 months and it's still going strong. I tried a manual avent one which was awful.

I'll only be 24 weeks when I fly but I'll ask anyway. I have an appt tomorrow with the midwife and my anatomy scan

Cntrygal-- I'm ordering a Medela Advanced Personal double breast pump. My insurance actually covers the cost of it. So if you have insurance you may want to contact them and see if yours is covered as well.

Newlywed I wake up on my back all the time, I'm not too worried.

I currently have nothing cause my husband wants to wait for the baby shower to be over and the baby to be here. Cause "we can save an extra 10% through babies r us if we wait until after he's born!" His newest solution was for us (yes both of us) to go in a month early and say we had the baby early. He's usually not so stupid, but it took him quite some time to figure out why I couldn't go.

Does anyone still not look pregnant? I still don't look the slightest bit pregnant. It makes me sad to see baby bumps.

I have the Ameda Purely Yours pump. It worked a lot better for me than the Medela. I pumped for 6 months for my daughter.

Cntrygal-- I'm ordering a Medela Advanced Personal double breast pump. My insurance actually covers the cost of it. So if you have insurance you may want to contact them and see if yours is covered as well.

Cntrygrl: My insurance covers a manual pump, but not an electric. :( I'll be going back to work after 6-8 weeks so I know a manual won't cut it. So now I'm just hunting what brand I want and if I want a double or if single will do.

Lauraemily: That medela swing looks nice. Was a single pump super time consuming?

I have the Ameda Purely Yours pump. It worked a lot better for me than the Medela. I pumped for 6 months for my daughter.

I'd hate to spend $$$ and then not end up liking it. How the heck are you suppose to find the one that works best without trying the darn things out!?! :dohh:

Cntrygal-- That's crappy. My insurance company gave me 3 different places that I could order from. I'm in the same boat as you for returning to work 6-8 weeks after. I'm getting a list of local daycare centers this Thursday so we can start seeing which one we like best.

I had the medela swing electric pump with dd2. Was really good, but I didn't really use it much as i was at home with baby and she never really got left without me.

It's great-very easy to use and clean.

I had the medela swing electric pump with dd2. Was really good, but I didn't really use it much as i was at home with baby and she never really got left without me.

It's great-very easy to use and clean.

I got one with my second too n liked it, will use it for this one too if I need be but hopefully not cause I can't be bothered lol. I got mine with boots point I'd collected for years ha ha. So was free.

I'd hate to spend $$$ and then not end up liking it. How the heck are you suppose to find the one that works best without trying the darn things out!?! :dohh:

Cntrygal I see that you are also from KS, at the hospitals here in town you can rent breast pumps. That may be an effective way to see what kind may work best for you.

If you plan on pumping while at work I would get a double pump, I agree with the other ladies who mentioned the medela. It's easy to use, quiet, and easy to clean. Many times you can find a used one and then purchase new tubing to help cut the cost.

It's the second night I've dreamt I'm having a girl! I want to know what I'm having now!!

Not too much longer to wait I suppose.

The movements I've been getting are weird. They are no longer up high in my ribs its all down low by my bladder and low out the sides.
But it's not kicks it feels like little tickles so im picking baby is in an odd position.

Had my dr apt today. c section scheduled and taking the dresses glucose test in 2 weeks yuck. I hate this part!!

Ugh I'm not looking forward to the glucose test. My girlfriend who's due in sept just took hers and failed so now she has to take the 3 hour test. When do you normally take the test...between what weeks?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->