*October Bumpkins*2014* 43 Babies Born!

I have to take the test at my 24 week appointment.

How do you figure out what insurance will cover for a pump? Do you call the insurance company?

Newlywed-- I wake up a lot on my back too, but I'm also kind of propped with pillows due to reflux at night. Found this-- Don't be alarmed if you go to sleep on your side and wake up flat on your back. It happens all the time and shouldn't have any serious adverse effect on your baby's health. Just shift your position and go back to sleep.

Laelani-- I took my belly ring out in the beginning. I don't think it's closed up yet. For whatever reason my belly button started popping early on and it got uncomfortable.

I took mine out a few days ago and now every few days I just stick a bar in it to make sure it's still good lol.

Geralyn - I just flew at almost 24 weeks without a note. My airline (BA) says on website you only need a doctors note if over 28 weeks so the airline will probably say something like this on their website. Hope the appt goes well!

I have my 24 week appt tomorrow and the glucose test at 28 weeks. Why is it so bad? I know I can't eat after midnight and I have to drink lucozade 2 hours before the test but no idea what the test actually involves?! Is it a blood test?

I have literally bought nothing except the buggy so really need to start getting organised now!

My baby has also moved down. I've always felt kicks quite high in the same place but today they were right down in my pelvis/bladder area which I guess means she's now feet down. I hope she's ok!

Geralyn - I just flew at almost 24 weeks without a note. My airline (BA) says on website you only need a doctors note if over 28 weeks so the airline will probably say something like this on their website. Hope the appt goes well!

I have my 24 week appt tomorrow and the glucose test at 28 weeks. Why is it so bad? I know I can't eat after midnight and I have to drink lucozade 2 hours before the test but no idea what the test actually involves?! Is it a blood test?

I have literally bought nothing except the buggy so really need to start getting organised now!

My baby has also moved down. I've always felt kicks quite high in the same place but today they were right down in my pelvis/bladder area which I guess means she's now feet down. I hope she's ok!

I thought I was feeling kicks to my bladder and lower stomach but he's head down so it's punches.

When I did the glucose test with my daughter, it was just drinking that orange drink and then a blood test an hour later.

Yours must be different then mine. Mine I can eat as normal, just nothing sweet that day. Then I go in and drink the stuff and an hour later they will draw blood.

Ugh I'm not looking forward to the glucose test. My girlfriend who's due in sept just took hers and failed so now she has to take the 3 hour test. When do you normally take the test...between what weeks?

It is between 24 and 28 weeks.

Loopy Laura the drink is nasty and fasting (especially when pregnant) sucks! At least that is my take on it.

TMI Alert: I just discovered a vericose vein "down there". :nope: I don't need or want this. I never had this with my ds. I was reading up on it and came across a funny story about dealing with it, I started out laughing and then ended up crying. Ugh I hate hormones! I didn't know you could get them there.

I have to take the test at my 24 week appointment.

How do you figure out what insurance will cover for a pump? Do you call the insurance company?

I have aetna so I was able to login into the website and look for the area that says coverage and they listed 5 websites that I could order from and I'm pretty sure I'm going with the medela double electric. I have to wait until 30 days before my due date. If I want a hospital grade pump I have to wait until baby is born and the doc has to write a script. Everyone I talked too says the medela was just fine. I also get 6 lactation consultations covered but I have no clue who I would even go through for that. I guess I'll ask when I have my tour at the hospital?

As for daycares, I'm getting very frustrated just thinking about it. Dh and I sat down and did a budget and we've decided that if I don't want to work I don't have too but i have a very good job that everyone would look at me like I'm silly for giving up. It's not the greatest job but pays well and I have ins so that's most important, and I work from home. I've told a couple people I'm not going back to work after baby and they've basically looked at me like I had two heads but apparently the set up I have other people would kill for but I've always wanted to be a stay at home mom. Were looking into in home care and it's just a bit out of our reach so I'm back to searching for other opions. Ugh!

I have the glucose test coming soon too I'm not sure if it'll be the 1 hr challenge or the 3 hour test yet, I had to do the 1hr challenge already and it wasn't too bad. I was kind of mad because they were hinting that I would have problems because I'm overweight and I passed with flying colors and my sisters coworker is skinny as a rail and she failed so ha...take that lol

Never had to do the glucose test, it's not a standard thing here.

My next appointment is the day before I turn 27 weeks so they'll probably try to cram my glucose test in that next week.... Yay (sarcasm). I'm not big into sugary stuff. I even water down my juice most of the time.

Newlywed-- I called my insurance company to find out about the breast pump. I have CDPHP they've been great so far. The only thing I hated was dealing with the Caremark pharmacy for my fertility meds.

Is anyone planning on a natural childbirth or had one before. i would like to try for one. When I told DH he was like "What?!? Are you crazy…you're getting an epidural!" He doesn't do well with hospitals or medical stuff and is afraid if he sees me in pain he might pass out lol I just emailed this woman who does Bradley Method classes to get some info

Is anyone planning on a natural childbirth or had one before. i would like to try for one. When I told DH he was like "What?!? Are you crazy…you're getting an epidural!" He doesn't do well with hospitals or medical stuff and is afraid if he sees me in pain he might pass out lol I just emailed this woman who does Bradley Method classes to get some info
My pain relief for my first was two paracetamol taken at home and gas and air at the hospital. I do not want anything else this time either.

I plan to do natural. For some reason I'm less afraid of doing it naturally than getting a shot that numbs half my body. We'll see what happens when I'm in labor though!

Also I've got my glucose test next week. I've had it done once already this pregnancy. I was told it was because of a history of diabetes in my family but I only had my great grandpa listed as a family member that had it. I know it was really because of my weight. It's okay better to be safe than sorry, but tell me the truth at least.

So now I get to do it again next week and it'll be a blast!

I haven't got much at all for him yet just a couple of babygrows and hats really! Do keep saying that we need to start shopping for him but need to sort so much stuff out here now already!

Does everyone have a glucose test? As I've not had any info given to me about this at all! I've got a blood test at 27 weeks but nothing was said about glucose!

I haven't got much at all for him yet just a couple of babygrows and hats really! Do keep saying that we need to start shopping for him but need to sort so much stuff out here now already!

Does everyone have a glucose test? As I've not had any info given to me about this at all! I've got a blood test at 27 weeks but nothing was said about glucose!

I think the glucose test is standard in the US but may not be in other countries

Thanks for the info on glucose tests. Kiki - In the uk they are not standard, I'm just having one because my dad had diabetes.

No it's not standard here, you'll just be having normal antenatal bloods to check iron and stuff.

My last was natural, bit of has and air in ambulance (that's cause I was lying down grrrrr) other than that nothing except hypnobirthing which I found fab. For home births here in leeds they have g&a taxied out when you need it rather than it been here and waiting, and I'll refuse pethadine prescription because I don't want the drug effecting the baby so might end up with nothing at all this time. Apart from hypno, plus I'll have my tenns machine then the pool, I do like a bit of g&a though lol.
Had an epidural with my first cause I was induced and I hated not been able to move etc, the team support birth over 42 weeks too so at least the pressure is off from that point of view. No more com mw for me whoooooooop, the homebirth mw's are gonna do all my appointments now at home, so excited.

I say if you want to go for natural, that's great! but definitely keep an open mind. With my first, I wanted a natural labour but once I was in labour I begged for pain relief, I would have done ANYTHING for an epidural at the time. They were telling me I wasn't in active labour and it'd be a long time until baby was born and I was in so much pain. Turns out my midwife was crap and baby was abour 40mins away from being born so I didnt have time for an epi anyway, I had gas and air and pethidine(which she shouldnt have given me if she'd have listened to me and realised I was actually close to pushing)

second birth I said I wont plan anything until its happening and id do whatever felt right. I had another quick labour with about 40mins of gas and air and breathed through most of it. Was a great labour!

This time again I'm going to go with the flow and do what my body tells me but after having two quick labours 3hrs first and 4hrs 2nd if that happens again i doubt ill have time for an epi but would never say never.

I say if you want to go for natural, that's great! but definitely keep an open mind. With my first, I wanted a natural labour but once I was in labour I begged for pain relief, I would have done ANYTHING for an epidural at the time. They were telling me I wasn't in active labour and it'd be a long time until baby was born and I was in so much pain. Turns out my midwife was crap and baby was abour 40mins away from being born so I didnt have time for an epi anyway, I had gas and air and pethidine(which she shouldnt have given me if she'd have listened to me and realised I was actually close to pushing)

second birth I said I wont plan anything until its happening and id do whatever felt right. I had another quick labour with about 40mins of gas and air and breathed through most of it. Was a great labour!

This time again I'm going to go with the flow and do what my body tells me but after having two quick labours 3hrs first and 4hrs 2nd if that happens again i doubt ill have time for an epi but would never say never.
I didn't have time for an epi either. Arrived at the hospital ready to push.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->