*October Bumpkins*2014* 43 Babies Born!

If you think you want a natural birth Geralyn, go for it :flower:

How you chose to give birth is so personal, but for me, the less drugs/medicalisation of a birth, the better it was in my experience. It allowed me to be in more tune with my body and know what I was doing.

Equally, there's no problem with going the whole way and having as many drugs as they will give :haha: what works for one, doesn't work for another person.

I say if you want to go for natural, that's great! but definitely keep an open mind. With my first, I wanted a natural labour but once I was in labour I begged for pain relief, I would have done ANYTHING for an epidural at the time. They were telling me I wasn't in active labour and it'd be a long time until baby was born and I was in so much pain. Turns out my midwife was crap and baby was abour 40mins away from being born so I didnt have time for an epi anyway, I had gas and air and pethidine(which she shouldnt have given me if she'd have listened to me and realised I was actually close to pushing)

second birth I said I wont plan anything until its happening and id do whatever felt right. I had another quick labour with about 40mins of gas and air and breathed through most of it. Was a great labour!

This time again I'm going to go with the flow and do what my body tells me but after having two quick labours 3hrs first and 4hrs 2nd if that happens again i doubt ill have time for an epi but would never say never.
Yes I'll try for a natural but def open to getting the epi if I feel I need it. I've never done this before so I have no idea what to expect. I'm just going to see how it goes and decide

Yes I'll try for a natural but def open to getting the epi if I feel I need it. I've never done this before so I have no idea what to expect. I'm just going to see how it goes and decide

This is just how I feel about it. I don't want anything I don't need, basically, but if I need it, fine. I'd like to just get on with it, move around as I feel like etc, and ask for help if/when I need some.

I'm hoping an epidural or morphine/pethidine won't be needed, but I have no idea how I'll tolerate labour pain, so I'm not making any firm plans or setting my heart on anything. I would like to try a birthing pool though, if one is available :)

Same here I'm not making any firm plans or getting my heart set on anything. I've had a couple surgeries on my cervix and laproscopic surgery so I figure I'll have some scar tissue that probably won't help the labor but I'd like to labor as long as I can at home before even going into the hospital well assuming I don't have to be induced or baby is breech. I don't know what this gas and air is all about we probably don't have that in the us bc I've never heard of it. I know they have some pain meds that can "take the edge off" but as of now if all goes well ill just see how it goes once I'm there.

Plus I haven't taken the hospital tour yet so I don't know what the criteria for laboring in the tub is...I think that will make a big difference on what I decide too

This is just how I feel about it. I don't want anything I don't need, basically, but if I need it, fine. I'd like to just get on with it, move around as I feel like etc, and ask for help if/when I need some.

I'm hoping an epidural or morphine/pethidine won't be needed, but I have no idea how I'll tolerate labour pain, so I'm not making any firm plans or setting my heart on anything. I would like to try a birthing pool though, if one is available :)

Same here I'm not making any firm plans or getting my heart set on anything. I've had a couple surgeries on my cervix and laproscopic surgery so I figure I'll have some scar tissue that probably won't help the labor but I'd like to labor as long as I can at home before even going into the hospital well assuming I don't have to be induced or baby is breech. I don't know what this gas and air is all about we probably don't have that in the us bc I've never heard of it. I know they have some pain meds that can "take the edge off" but as of now if all goes well ill just see how it goes once I'm there.

Plus I haven't taken the hospital tour yet so I don't know what the criteria for laboring in the tub is...I think that will make a big difference on what I decide too
I wish the hospital I'm giving birth in had labor pools!! But they do let you get in the shower which is supposed to help too

My friend in oz laboured in the bath at hospital and actually birthed in there, so could always use water by bathing. Hospital baths are generally deeper than what you would have at home.

I've been an emotional wreck this evening. Started sorting through my son clothes yesterday as we won't be needing them now. He is self weaning. It all sounds silly but I just could not stop crying.

Charmed-- As sad as it is it's probably good that he's self weaning now with your other one on the way. It would make it hard for both of them to get what they needed.

Mine has mostly self weaned too kirsty so I know how you feel :(
He still feeds but theres not much left there anymore so hes been doing it less and less.
last night he went to sleep without it and went the whole night without and he hasnt asked at all this morning.

Ive had two natural births one by choice, one was forced on me.
the first was wonderful actually looking back on it. The labour and birth went smoothly. I walked into the hospital room and needed to push right away. Asked for pain relief cos the bearing down pains are much worse than the contractions.....for me anyway not sure what others think.
my midwife told me it was too late and to start pushing. Had her a few pushes later.

my second pain free birth was rather traumatic. long story short I had the induction meds, syntocin and the contractions were horrible!! And I begged and pleaded for meds for hours but my midwife kept saying no. She ended up pushing my cervix over his head mid internal and told me it was too late and to start pushing.

im planning a home birth which means natural again and I am a bit nervous just because when I think natural I automatically think about the induced birth.

as for the glucose test my midwife asked me if I wanted to do it and I said no but after thinking about it for a week ive decided I am going to do it.

It could be that the milk is becoming a bit colostrum like, it's supposed to be more bitter in taste than milk you've been producing, so a lot that still feed go off it on a taste basis. I wanted to tandem feed when I was pregnant before this one but then my youngest lost interest at 2 just before I fell pregnant again. They do both get what they need though if you do tandem our bodies are cleaver things :)

They sure are! I have oodles of twin and triplet mum friends who exclusively breastfed so it definitely can be done!

I cant tandem tho as one breast is out of action :( I have fed two years off just one breast so for me its good that he weans beforehand.
I wasnt going to breastfeed the new baby because of issues im having with my breast, Ive been referred to a breast surgeon to investigate further and the waiting list they said is 5 months so I am thinking about feeding the new baby even just for the first few weeks......

They sure are! I have oodles of twin and triplet mum friends who exclusively breastfed so it definitely can be done!

I cant tandem tho as one breast is out of action :( I have fed two years off just one breast so for me its good that he weans beforehand.
I wasnt going to breastfeed the new baby because of issues im having with my breast, Ive been referred to a breast surgeon to investigate further and the waiting list they said is 5 months so I am thinking about feeding the new baby even just for the first few weeks......

Wow ive heard of feeding off one side a few times, must be so hard :-( I really hope you get some answers when you get seen. Xx

It was strange at first but now its fine. The only issue was that if he bit me or if I got a sore nipple I had to feed through the pain every feeding whereas earlier breastfed babies I got to give one breast a rest and feed off the other one.

Im sure its nothing! Just glad its finally getting looked at.

So today I had my 20 week ultrasound. Definitely confirmed a girl! Also, said there was a bright spot on the baby's heart and I have to go back in 8 weeks for an additional ultrasound. Kinda scared.

So today I had my 20 week ultrasound. Definitely confirmed a girl! Also, said there was a bright spot on the baby's heart and I have to go back in 8 weeks for an additional ultrasound. Kinda scared.

Congrats on the girl!!! : )
Praying all goes well with the follow up US, and that your DD is growing like crazy, safe and healthy!

Congrats on your baby definitely being a girl Ashley! :)

Congrats on the girl! I'm sure everything will be just fine with the heart but it's good they're checking it out.

Thanks ladies for the info about the glucose test! Didn't know if it was something that had been missed or something!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->