*October Bumpkins*2014* 43 Babies Born!

My belly button doesn't pop out either. Even overdue they were slightly innie!
It's weird though seeing your belly button all different!

So what do you ladies still have to buy?

I've got to get loads, tell me I'm not the only one! :haha:

You are not alone, we still need EVERYTHING. lol But we are so busy this time of year that I don't have time to stress about it yet. But I don't plan on buying too much. We're limited on space and I don't want to get something for baby and he not really use it. I'll probably do one shopping trip next month (we live 2 hours from anything besides a Walmart) to pick up a car seat, look for a dresser for a changing table, and a few other things and then another shopping trip after my shower. Of course, when I get huge and can't help here on the ranch and it's hot outside, I may be glad to make trips to shop for baby.

For the ladies who plan to pump or have pumped in the past, do you have a breast pump picked out or one that you used before that you would recommend? I've heard great things about the medela, but it's way pricey. If it's worth the cost and nothing compares I don't mind spending the money. But I'm a bargain shopper at heart. :)

I picked up a manual one for £2.50 at a charity shop, if that takes then we are going to get a electric one :)

Is anyone planning on a natural childbirth or had one before. i would like to try for one. When I told DH he was like "What?!? Are you crazy…you're getting an epidural!" He doesn't do well with hospitals or medical stuff and is afraid if he sees me in pain he might pass out lol I just emailed this woman who does Bradley Method classes to get some info

I'm going natural as possible, i want to be straight in and out of that hospital lol! x

My last was natural, bit of has and air in ambulance (that's cause I was lying down grrrrr) other than that nothing except hypnobirthing which I found fab. For home births here in leeds they have g&a taxied out when you need it rather than it been here and waiting, and I'll refuse pethadine prescription because I don't want the drug effecting the baby so might end up with nothing at all this time. Apart from hypno, plus I'll have my tenns machine then the pool, I do like a bit of g&a though lol.
Had an epidural with my first cause I was induced and I hated not been able to move etc, the team support birth over 42 weeks too so at least the pressure is off from that point of view. No more com mw for me whoooooooop, the homebirth mw's are gonna do all my appointments now at home, so excited.

I never realised you was so close! I live near barnsley :)

I'm worried, i have no pain or any changes at all in my breasts... i'm worried my milk won't come in when babys born :(

Stacey-don't worry. I've breastfed both my girls and never had any leaking or real changes (other than bigger boobs!) prior to having the baby.

You have a small amount of colostrum at first, and the milk tends to come in around day 3 and boy do you know about it then! :haha:

Cute bump by the way :)

My last was natural, bit of has and air in ambulance (that's cause I was lying down grrrrr) other than that nothing except hypnobirthing which I found fab. For home births here in leeds they have g&a taxied out when you need it rather than it been here and waiting, and I'll refuse pethadine prescription because I don't want the drug effecting the baby so might end up with nothing at all this time. Apart from hypno, plus I'll have my tenns machine then the pool, I do like a bit of g&a though lol.
Had an epidural with my first cause I was induced and I hated not been able to move etc, the team support birth over 42 weeks too so at least the pressure is off from that point of view. No more com mw for me whoooooooop, the homebirth mw's are gonna do all my appointments now at home, so excited.

I never realised you was so close! I live near barnsley :)

Lol, cool. X

Stacey-don't worry. I've breastfed both my girls and never had any leaking or real changes (other than bigger boobs!) prior to having the baby.

You have a small amount of colostrum at first, and the milk tends to come in around day 3 and boy do you know about it then! :haha:

Its the only one thing i'm really worried about as i want to breast feed so bad! x

V day today for me!

Mine too! :happydance: Finally it is V-Day... looks like time is going to fly by now.

I'm looking forward to a normal delivery with or without epi as the situation might demand.

I also have my Glucose test at 28 weeks.

Since it is my first have no idea about breastfeeding... but as of now I have no leaking. Belly button is surprisingly almost on the surface. It was always a deep innie and it is surely different to see it pop out like that.

Sleeping on the left side has become the most comfortable position for me. My body won't allow me to sleep in any other position for more than a minute. So I'm good I guess. But the problem of running short of breathe is there. And DH says I started snoring nastily loud :shrug: I donno what this means. Have my 24 week appointment tomorrow. Will have to ask my doc about all these.

Its the only one thing i'm really worried about as i want to breast feed so bad! x

Yep I've fed both mine too till 1 and then 2 n never leaked in pregnancy.

Mommyberry-happy V Day honey! :)
Glad time is going fast for you. How's your father now?

Congrats on v-day laura and mommaberry! Just a few more days for me!

Cute bump stacey! I'm envious of all the bumps since I'm still just looking a little extra fat.

V day today for me!

Mine too! :happydance: Finally it is V-Day... looks like time is going to fly by now.

I'm looking forward to a normal delivery with or without epi as the situation might demand.

I also have my Glucose test at 28 weeks.

Since it is my first have no idea about breastfeeding... but as of now I have no leaking. Belly button is surprisingly almost on the surface. It was always a deep innie and it is surely different to see it pop out like that.

Sleeping on the left side has become the most comfortable position for me. My body won't allow me to sleep in any other position for more than a minute. So I'm good I guess. But the problem of running short of breathe is there. And DH says I started snoring nastily loud :shrug: I donno what this means. Have my 24 week appointment tomorrow. Will have to ask my doc about all these.

I started snoring with my ds, stopped again after I had him. I figure at some point I will snore again with this one.

So today I had my 20 week ultrasound. Definitely confirmed a girl! Also, said there was a bright spot on the baby's heart and I have to go back in 8 weeks for an additional ultrasound. Kinda scared.

Congrats on the girl confirmation! Baby's heart is probably fine, at least they are keeping an eye on it and you get to see your lo again!

V day today for me!

Happy v-day!

Bump at 24+5! Going so fast :happydance: :cloud9:

Cute bump!

Yep I've fed both mine too till 1 and then 2 n never leaked in pregnancy.

I didn't leak until my milk came in with my ds, and even though my bbs grew to massive proportions early this time (knock on wood) I have not leaked with this one.

Is anyone still having crazy dreams? I haven't been having them lately but I slept very bad last night, tossing and turning for what felt like hours. Yet today I am wide away and ready to work which is pretty unusual lately. I kept dreaming that I was having a csection and they were laying me on the table and there was a whole room of doctors around me and I just kept yelling no, I'm only 27 weeks it's too early. It totally freaked me out. Having a csection is one of my biggest fears and having the baby early is as well so it was def a very scary dream.

And my emotions have been all over the place lately. This morning when dh left for work he said "I love you" and I just had this overwhelming sense of joy like you get when your a teenager and someone just told you they loved you for the first time and it was so weird because I haven't been that happy in a couple months now...probably since we found out we were pregnant. I think being on pelvic rest has a lot to do with that too the lack of affection is kind of getting to me so it was a very welcomed suprise his morning even if it was just words.

Darn hormones lol

Had my midwife appointment. She's lovely, so glad she is back (was off sick)

I've been told I'm at increased risk of a premature baby after all the bleeding from the clot-he better stay put!

Good news is he is measuring on track with fundal height :)

I have to take the test at my 24 week appointment.

How do you figure out what insurance will cover for a pump? Do you call the insurance company?

Conveniently our insurance actually just re-upped so the information was in our packet of stuff.

I saw my OB this morning. Blood pressure is still good, which I knew anyways because I take it 1-2 times a day at home. I got the results of my 20 week ultrasound (done at 19+6), baby weighed 11.25 ounces, everything looked really good and my cervical length was 5 which he said is really long. Everything is going so good and I am so happy that it is. Baby's heart rate was jumping around between 140 and 160 and kicked the doppler while they were listening. I can't wait to meet this little guy.

Yoyo - glad everything looked fine and your midwife was back! I hope that he does stay put until he's fully cooked - I'm sure he will x

Mommyberry-happy V Day honey! :)
Glad time is going fast for you. How's your father now?

Thank you Yo yo. My dad is still in the hospital... the infection wouldn't go down. They are doing some pain management but looks like he will be there for another 2 ~ 4 days. Just hoping everything will be alright soon.

Is anyone planning on a natural childbirth or had one before.

have had 2 home births w/o pain relief; hoping to avoid an epidural this time around b/c everything i'm reading points to that increasing my risk of c-sec with baby B (and i really want to avoid a c-sec if possible so that i can take care of 4 kids under 3). but i agree with the others about keeping an open mind. :)

I'm worried, i have no pain or any changes at all in my breasts... i'm worried my milk won't come in when babys born :(

If you are worried, you can ask your doctor to check for IGT.

Even if there's no issue and your milk does come in perfectly, the advice i now try to share is at the very least, learn before baby comes how to make a bottle of formula properly!! We were dead-set on nursing DS1 and refused to even consider bottle-feeding, but my milk never came in (none of the nursing classes/books even mentioned such a possibility - i thought if i wanted to nurse and tried hard enough, i just could) - it was terrible - he got dangerously dehydrated and lost too much weight (took months to recover). i still wish i at least had a bottle on hand and knew how to mix a proper bottle of food for him b/c we just mixed some in a cup with a spoon and used a syringe when they told us to top off for the first time. we had NO CLUE!!! :dohh: for most women, milk coming in is not an issue, but sometimes it does happen, so i think it's good to be prepared just in case...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->