*October Bumpkins*2014* 43 Babies Born!

I had my anatomy scan followed by an OB appt. today. Preliminary findings are that baby is looking great, the consulting Dr. probably won't confirm for a few weeks but I'm happy with the results. Baby was super active and didn't care for being prodded around. My fundal height is still measuring quite large so this will be a nice sized baby. I was fitted for a belly band to help relieve some of the round ligament pain I have been dealing with. I finally put on some weight (2lbs.), I am still 16lbs under my pre-pregnancy weight but I'll take it considering other stories I have heard from HG sufferers. All in all I am really happy with how today went. Hopefully I can load a picture of my little one. Still team YELLOW!! :happydance:

Attachments

• IMG_5007.jpg
    IMG_5007.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 8
Is anyone planning on a natural childbirth or had one before.

have had 2 home births w/o pain relief; hoping to avoid an epidural this time around b/c everything i'm reading points to that increasing my risk of c-sec with baby B (and i really want to avoid a c-sec if possible so that i can take care of 4 kids under 3). but i agree with the others about keeping an open mind. :)

I'm worried, i have no pain or any changes at all in my breasts... i'm worried my milk won't come in when babys born :(

If you are worried, you can ask your doctor to check for IGT.

Even if there's no issue and your milk does come in perfectly, the advice i now try to share is at the very least, learn before baby comes how to make a bottle of formula properly!! We were dead-set on nursing DS1 and refused to even consider bottle-feeding, but my milk never came in (none of the nursing classes/books even mentioned such a possibility - i thought if i wanted to nurse and tried hard enough, i just could) - it was terrible - he got dangerously dehydrated and lost too much weight (took months to recover). i still wish i at least had a bottle on hand and knew how to mix a proper bottle of food for him b/c we just mixed some in a cup with a spoon and used a syringe when they told us to top off for the first time. we had NO CLUE!!! :dohh: for most women, milk coming in is not an issue, but sometimes it does happen, so i think it's good to be prepared just in case...

Silly question and I'll prob end up googling this anyone bc I can't believe I don't know this but do you have to stimulate the nipples in order for milk to come in? I was planning on exclusively pumping but in the event that I don't do that if we just skip right to bottle feeding will my boobs just stay normal or will I got milk/ colostrum either way? Sorry you'd think for a 31 yo that I would know this stuff...lol

have had 2 home births w/o pain relief; hoping to avoid an epidural this time around b/c everything i'm reading points to that increasing my risk of c-sec with baby B (and i really want to avoid a c-sec if possible so that i can take care of 4 kids under 3). but i agree with the others about keeping an open mind. :)

I'm worried, i have no pain or any changes at all in my breasts... i'm worried my milk won't come in when babys born :(

Even if there's no issue and your milk does come in perfectly, the advice i now try to share is at the very least, learn before baby comes how to make a bottle of formula properly!! We were dead-set on nursing DS1 and refused to even consider bottle-feeding, but my milk never came in (none of the nursing classes/books even mentioned such a possibility - i thought if i wanted to nurse and tried hard enough, i just could) - it was terrible - he got dangerously dehydrated and lost too much weight (took months to recover). i still wish i at least had a bottle on hand and knew how to mix a proper bottle of food for him b/c we just mixed some in a cup with a spoon and used a syringe when they told us to top off for the first time. we had NO CLUE!!! :dohh: for most women, milk coming in is not an issue, but sometimes it does happen, so i think it's good to be prepared just in case...

Silly question and I'll prob end up googling this anyone bc I can't believe I don't know this but do you have to stimulate the nipples in order for milk to come in? I was planning on exclusively pumping but in the event that I don't do that if we just skip right to bottle feeding will my boobs just stay normal or will I got milk/ colostrum either way? Sorry you'd think for a 31 yo that I would know this stuff...lol

I'm pretty sure the hormones in your body will (most typically) automatically make your milk come in. Just like how some milk starts coming in before baby even arrives. I will say if you decide to not breastfeed and your milk comes in, it is very painful not to pump off the milk. Your boobies will be as hard as rocks! Lol I looked like Pamela Anderson! Fortunately I was able to breastfeed and she relieved that pressure. And when she naturally weened herself, I never became "engorged" when she stopped.

In other news, the "bright spot" on my baby's heart is fairly common (roughly 5% of 20 week old babies have it, higher percentage if you are of Mediterranean or Asian descent.). It is called a Echogenic intracardiac focus (EIF).

I did the bad thing and googled it last night and got all worked up even though my doctor said more than likely it will clear up by 28 weeks. Well that wasn't good enough for me!

I discovered it is a "soft marker" for Down's syndrome. Now, my doctor wasn't concerned because the baby was otherwise perfectly healthy and the 20 week ultrasound would have had various red flags should she have this chromosomal defect.

I decided to relieve my worry and do a non-invasive Downs test called MT-21 test. It is a non invasive blood test that will detect a chromosomal issue to 99% accuracy. It is an alternative to a amnio. This will make me feel much better. Ugh I hate this stress.

I had my anatomy scan followed by an OB appt. today. Preliminary findings are that baby is looking great, the consulting Dr. probably won't confirm for a few weeks but I'm happy with the results. Baby was super active and didn't care for being prodded around. My fundal height is still measuring quite large so this will be a nice sized baby. I was fitted for a belly band to help relieve some of the round ligament pain I have been dealing with. I finally put on some weight (2lbs.), I am still 16lbs under my pre-pregnancy weight but I'll take it considering other stories I have heard from HG sufferers. All in all I am really happy with how today went. Hopefully I can load a picture of my little one. Still team YELLOW!! :happydance:

Gorgeous picture!!! Congratulations! I'm glad you've gotten to the point of gaining some weight back. : ) I hope the RLP lets up with the new band!

I'm pretty sure the hormones in your body will (most typically) automatically make your milk come in. Just like how some milk starts coming in before baby even arrives. I will say if you decide to not breastfeed and your milk comes in, it is very painful not to pump off the milk. Your boobies will be as hard as rocks! Lol I looked like Pamela Anderson! Fortunately I was able to breastfeed and she relieved that pressure. And when she naturally weened herself, I never became "engorged" when she stopped.

In other news, the "bright spot" on my baby's heart is fairly common (roughly 5% of 20 week old babies have it, higher percentage if you are of Mediterranean or Asian descent.). It is called a Echogenic intracardiac focus (EIF).

I did the bad thing and googled it last night and got all worked up even though my doctor said more than likely it will clear up by 28 weeks. Well that wasn't good enough for me!

I discovered it is a "soft marker" for Down's syndrome. Now, my doctor wasn't concerned because the baby was otherwise perfectly healthy and the 20 week ultrasound would have had various red flags should she have this chromosomal defect.

I decided to relieve my worry and do a non-invasive Downs test called MT-21 test. It is a non invasive blood test that will detect a chromosomal issue to 99% accuracy. It is an alternative to a amnio. This will make me feel much better. Ugh I hate this stress.

Yep it's all hormonal that makes the milk come in. I remember my youngest was born 27th dec and milk came in new year eve cause we had people round, she was asleep and I was in pain with bursting at the brim boobs and was begging her awake so I could get some off lol. It soon settles down once your body works out how much baby is needing. They then have regular growth spurts where it's like they want feeding ALLLLLLLLL day!!!! That's just baby telling your body it's time to start making more, like their putting in a milk order for the next day lol. It's important to know about spurts and constant feeding during that time being normal as that's when people start thinking they must not be getting anything and stop but it is all normal and part of the process :)

Mommyberry-happy V Day honey! :)
Glad time is going fast for you. How's your father now?

Thank you Yo yo. My dad is still in the hospital... the infection wouldn't go down. They are doing some pain management but looks like he will be there for another 2 ~ 4 days. Just hoping everything will be alright soon.

I'm sure everything will be fine with him :flower: some infections can be nasty and take a little longer to get rid of, but being in hospital will allow him to rest and you to know he is on safe hands.

Wishing him a speedy recovery

Thanks much Yo yo.

I'm just back from my 24 week appointment and baby is measuring dot on. He was wriggling away from the doppler when the doc wanted to check his heartbeat. So couldn't get the reading accurately but could hear a nice regular beat.

Glucose test scheduled for 28 weeks along with ultrasound for growth. I'm still pretty much dehydrated and have pus cells in the urine which only means that the water I'm drinking is just not enough. Have to gulp down couple more litres per day apparently. Living in a tropical country is not making it any easy either. :shrug:

Awaiting my baby shower now! :)

Mommyb--I'm glad the appt went well!! Good luck chugging the water!

I hope the infection is taken care of soon so your dad can get healthy and return home!

Is anyone finding time is dragging? Or is it going fast for you ? For me, it's dragged as it's been complicated and stressful, but having said that I'm finally into double figures today! :)

It's been dragging along for me as well, and you are even a bit further along than I am. In previous pregnancies it felt like time just flew up until the last little while when you feel like you are just waiting around for labor to start; but this pregnancy just seems to be moving along at a snails' pace. I think it has to do with having spent quite awhile on bed rest already.

I have pains ladies . Like period pains and lower back pain ,
Keeps coming and going . I'm tired too tho so maybe after big sleep I may feel better .

Time has been going by so quickly for me. It feels like just yesterday I got my BFP and now I am just over 16 weeks away. Seems super close!

Hopefully the pains don't mean anything noshowjo! Hope resting is all you need!

Thanks Hun , iv took my self to bed .. Think I'm tired from work and it's just all hot to me maybe. ?

I feel like it's dragging , I feel like my possitive was years ago haha . 17 weeks left . So wish I could knock 10 of that figure ha .

Time is going fast for me but I have twin toddlers and im a sahm so my days are spent entertaining the twins, cleaning our house and I cook all lunches and dinners from scratch so the only time I really get to feel pregnant is in the morning and evenings when I'm resting and very rarely when the twins sleep at the same time during the day :p
I get to the end on my week and wonder where the time went.

Ive been feeling movement on the outside but havnt been able to time it for hubby yet!

Is anyone finding time is dragging? Or is it going fast for you ? For me, it's dragged as it's been complicated and stressful, but having said that I'm finally into double figures today! :)

Congrats on double digits! Been counting down to mine as well!

When I look back it seems to have flown but at the moment it feels like it is dragging. Just had my 24wk appt today. Everything was fine with my ultrasound and she measured me for the first time with a measuring tape and it was spot on!

I feel like I've been pregnant a long time but he weeks go fast. I think July is going to fly by because we are so busy

Some days, it feels like it's dragging and other days it seems to be going fast. When I think baby could be here in as little as 11 weeks (my first goal is 34 weeks after a previous 29 week preemie), it seems so fast but 17 weeks seems so far to go to 40 weeks. I am sure time will go faster after this next month is over because I am moving so I will have a new house to set up and will finally be able to set up the nursery and start buying stuff for baby.

Sometimes I feel like it's dragging and then other times I'm like omg where is the time going. I'm so annoyed with work right now I feel like I have a million other things I'd rather be doing so some days just drag on and on but then my weekend flies and I'm back at damn work again lol

I have vacation coming up in 2 weeks and then baby shower at the end of July and I feel like my summer is going to be gone before I can really enjoy it. I'm really looking forward to having baby and not working for 12 weeks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->