*October Bumpkins*2014* 43 Babies Born!

V day today! :happydance:

Growth scan tomorrow so get to see my littlest again :cloud9:

We're finally ordering our double today. The baby jogger city select. The new design too. We'll be using it as a single with my eldest before baby comes along.

Brilliant scan pic Yo Yo! 4d scans seem so much better quality compared with the one I had 2 years ago with Xander. We're hoping to have another around 28 weeks with this one.

Lauraemily17-happy v day! And good luck for growth scan :) will be nice for you to see your baby again.
Ps-heard lots of good things about baby jogger as a brand-will be good :)

Loopy Laura-thanks! :)

Did you enjoy your holiday?

Yes thank you! I was exhausted when I got back as city breaks aren't very relaxing but did lots of walking which made me feel good! Both flights were fine except the constant struggle to get past those food trolleys on the way to the toilet with a large belly haha! I enjoyed it a lot but now I'm back I feel like I should be getting started on baby prep!
That must have been hard-I remember flying at 18 weeks with my dd2 and avoiding to toilet as it was difficult!
Baby prep will be easy-just buy online and get someone else to set the stuff up! :haha: you get all the fun then :)

I have such a sense of accomplishment today. I finally finished cleaning out my spare room and closet, it is officially the nursery now! Holy cow that was a big job. Now to get the crib and stuff out of storage :) I am really starting to get excited!

Great pic yo yo!

Well done on getting your spare room sorted! :) will be nice when you he it how you want it :) exciting!

Happy v-day, kiki!

Love your pic, Yo_Yo!

The pain I've been having in my pelvic region has gotten worse today. It even extends to the top of my right thigh. I went for a walk today and could feel the pain like a cramp the whole way. And maybe tmi, but I felt sharp pains and pressure in my bum today too....it was not pleasant. My next appointment isn't till the 30th, but I think I might have to see my dr within the next day or two if it doesn't ease up.

Hope the pain goes soon. :flower: definitely see the doctors sooner of it's bad-it's no good being in pain. Sounds like you need to see a physio.
I had awful Pelvic Girdle Pain with dd2 and sitting on a gym ball, using a pillow between my legs and a bump support band were the things I found to help.

Thanks everyone :)

Whigfield :) I that a new pic I see?! Did you have a 4D scan too? Look at your cute little guy :)
They are amazing aren't they? I want another, but hubby said now this is the last scan isn't it?...I didn't reply :haha:

Oh darn! I thought I'd already posted my 4d scan in here. :haha: Yeah I had one too, they are amazing! My OH thinks we should have another!

LO is measuring on the 28th percentile so not exactly huge, but apparently that's nice and normal for his gestation. The cord is SLIGHTLY underperforming just a tiny touch so I'm a bit nervous about that, but the consultant didn't seem worried? :shrug:

Anyway, got some great pictures:

10403559_10154369854710122_6490057320342805104_n.jpg

10457513_10154369854720122_2626064516385286551_n.jpg
10405543_10154369854665122_8505488317273404419_n.jpg

Apparently the scanning tech makes the nose look wider than it actually is, and his nose isn't actually that wide. :haha: He also had his feet in front of his face the entire time (weird child! :haha:) so the scanning probe had to try and cut behind them. But we're so in love. :cloud9:

The placenta is also just beside him on the left so it looks like he's got a little blanket around him too! :cloud9:

Aww Whigfield-those pics are amazing :) he looks so perfect and gorgeous.
Are the nhs going to be keeping an eye on you if the cords underperforming a little? If the consultants not worried, I wouldn't be either. :flower: although is ask lots of questions to put your mind at ease.

They tend to check for growth and be more concerned about it after 28 weeks as they grown at their own rate prior to that (so the sonographer told me)

My dd2 measured a whole month behind for the last 3 months and was predicted to be a 5lb baby at term-well she was 7lbs 8oz-she was way down on the centile chart, but it meant nothing as it was wrong!

If your oh is up for another scan, do it! I'm going to talk hubby around to it :)

26 weeks today, only 98 days left:wacko: I can't believe how quickly it's gone!

Whigfield and Yo_Yo such amazing 4d scans, I'd love one but not sure how they'd turn out with an anterior placenta.

V-Day for me today, Yay!!!!!!

Geralyn-- I think I must've scanned the entire baby section of both stores that I registered at. I've had to take some things off as DH's Mom and my Mum have already been buying things.

Thank you. :cloud9:

I don't know - it was a private scan (albeit at a hospital with a proper consultant, who sent a medical report to my GP), but I will definitely bring it up at my 28 week midwife appointment. Apparently I have lots of fluid so I wonder if my belly could measure on track/ahead because of that? I have no idea. :shrug:

Good to hear about your DD YoYo, I'm hoping it's a bit inaccurate. I can't imagine mine and OH's baby being small - I'm not exactly petite, and OH is a massive bulk of muscle (weightlifter)! We will see though!

Definitely talk your hubby round! I think maybe between 30-32 weeks could be a good time for another scan!

Whigfield and Yo_Yo such amazing 4d scans, I'd love one but not sure how they'd turn out with an anterior placenta.

Mine is anterior as well - you can see it beside him. Someone told me to go a little earlier (26 weeks being prime time) before the placenta grows too big. You should give it a shot! :thumbup:

Late to this but that 4D scan is beautiful Yoyo! Hoping to have one at 27 weeks, very excited!

I love the 4D pictures. I want to get one, but they are so expensive that we decided not to. For 5 minutes and 1 picture, it's around $100.

I am feeling a little light headed and dizzy this morning. I ate something and had a coffee and that seems to be helping a bit. I always find when I am not feeling very good, baby is kicking away like crazy and makes me feel worse. I've checked my blood pressure and it was fine so I know it's not that. I think it's just the humidity, it's so humid here. I will make sure to drink lots of water today.

I can't wait to move next month. I want to buy baby stuff and get everything set up. My husband got his big bonus at work last week and I am dying to go spend some of it and get stuff for our little boy. I won't though because then it's just more stuff we have to move.

Hi everyone, sorry I've been MIA the last few weeks. Been struggling to get back into the normal routine after my moms visit and my holidays from work.

I came in to catch up and see I've missed about 20 pages of posts! Yikes! So to avoid total overwhelmingness I'm just going to start from the now! If anyone feels generous enough to give me the readers digest on the big news I've missed that would awesome! Haha

Congrats to any gender reveals I missed (though being the end of Oct I imagine there aren't many left after mine)

How is everyone doing? Ups? Downs? Any fun purchases for baby lately? :)

Had the second half of my anatomy scan last week and everything is looking great. Genders were correct (thank goodness!) and both babies are measuring ahead! James was measuring a week and a day ahead and Brooke is 4 days ahead :happydance:

Heartburn, carpal tunnel and leg cramps have all been getting worse and making sleep miserable. Add all that to needing to pee constantly and I'm feeling exhausted all the time. I'm so ready to quit work but I still have 2 months to go before my mat leave can kick in. So I just have to deal till then.

Feeling the babies move almost daily now but it's still just flutters. How soon till I feel proper kicks I wonder?

Hope everyone else is well!!! :)

Isn't that ashame milky mush, I won't even bother with me sil's tho the one has been calling dh a lot lately and all I can think is "what does she want now" because she never calls unless she needs something. I'd be very disappointed if I had gone out of my way to confide in her and she had such a snobby response but I am so glad you figured out the answers to your questions.

So my boss decided to tell me today:

• We have too many people off on holiday at the beginning of September, so although I told you to take the whole of the month as annual leave, can you actually work the first two days so everyone else can have their holidays?
  • Your bump is so big, are you sure it's not twins? You're not even going to make it to September, never mind October. Have they definitely got your dates right?

Seriously? :(

I got in the car at the end of the day and just cried for about 15 minutes solid.

I had an anterior placenta with DS#1 and she tried to do a 4D scan...all we could see was his little hand come up from behind the placenta like a swamp monster lol. I have another anterior placenta this time, so I kind of expect the same results. We may give it a shot, but I don't have high hopes. (Which is ok! Our clinic's ultrasound tech is amazing, and still manages to get really great pics.)

I saw today from my growth scan notes that I have a right anterior placenta but two weeks ago the notes said posterior. Can it move?

So my boss decided to tell me today:

• We have too many people off on holiday at the beginning of September, so although I told you to take the whole of the month as annual leave, can you actually work the first two days so everyone else can have their holidays?
  • Your bump is so big, are you sure it's not twins? You're not even going to make it to September, never mind October. Have they definitely got your dates right?

Seriously? :(

I got in the car at the end of the day and just cried for about 15 minutes solid.

Aww that is horrible that they would say that to you. It never ceases to amaze me how people lose their filter around pregnant women.
On the bright side, at least you were only asked to work 2 days and not any longer. :hugs:

Nice to hear from you MamaMac and that both babies are doing well. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"