*October Bumpkins*2014* 43 Babies Born!

Geralyn-- We're about 15 minutes away from Lake George. Love it there this time of the year.

Newlywed-- Wow small world for sure. Race track starts up next month. Can't wait! You'll have to keep in touch and maybe do a baby greet or bump greet depending on the next time you visit. Same to you Geralyn.

Awe cute dogs!

This is my little fur baby, Khaleesi:
image.jpg

I never thought I'd have a little wussy chihuahua but I just fell in love with her from the first time I saw her! Haha

Is anyone planning on a natural childbirth or had one before.

have had 2 home births w/o pain relief; hoping to avoid an epidural this time around b/c everything i'm reading points to that increasing my risk of c-sec with baby B (and i really want to avoid a c-sec if possible so that i can take care of 4 kids under 3). but i agree with the others about keeping an open mind. :)

I'm worried, i have no pain or any changes at all in my breasts... i'm worried my milk won't come in when babys born :(

If you are worried, you can ask your doctor to check for IGT.

Even if there's no issue and your milk does come in perfectly, the advice i now try to share is at the very least, learn before baby comes how to make a bottle of formula properly!! We were dead-set on nursing DS1 and refused to even consider bottle-feeding, but my milk never came in (none of the nursing classes/books even mentioned such a possibility - i thought if i wanted to nurse and tried hard enough, i just could) - it was terrible - he got dangerously dehydrated and lost too much weight (took months to recover). i still wish i at least had a bottle on hand and knew how to mix a proper bottle of food for him b/c we just mixed some in a cup with a spoon and used a syringe when they told us to top off for the first time. we had NO CLUE!!! :dohh: for most women, milk coming in is not an issue, but sometimes it does happen, so i think it's good to be prepared just in case...

Silly question and I'll prob end up googling this anyone bc I can't believe I don't know this but do you have to stimulate the nipples in order for milk to come in? I was planning on exclusively pumping but in the event that I don't do that if we just skip right to bottle feeding will my boobs just stay normal or will I got milk/ colostrum either way? Sorry you'd think for a 31 yo that I would know this stuff...lol

i know it's late to get back with you - sorry - just haven't been on as much...

A lot of my friends said their milk just came in and they didn't have to do anything special. For others (like me), your lactation consultant/nurse/doctor/etc will probably have you trying everything under the sun to get your milk to come in - stimulation, pumping, extended hours of skin-to-skin, herbal regimens and/or medication, special diet, sleeping positions, visualization exercises, etc. It's exhausting, lol, and it's an emotional roller coaster of hoping each thing will work.

If you do end up skipping straight to the bottle, I know some people have had to dry their breasts out / do something to get their milk supply to dry, but then again, others like me don't have to do anything at all b/c our breasts never changed in the first place.

Sorry - probably doesn't help much other than to show that everyone's different. :flower:

Newlywed-- Wow small world for sure. Race track starts up next month. Can't wait! You'll have to keep in touch and maybe do a baby greet or bump greet depending on the next time you visit. Same to you Geralyn.

I grew up at that track ;) we will definitely have to!

Third trimester tomorrow!! :happydance:
Can't believe how we will be all heading over there over the next few weeks!

OMG! That I still have so much to do!! I'm not ready! I'm a few weeks behind you but still…ahhhh!

That is just scary! I have so much left to do. Sell my sons clothes, buy baby clothes, find somewhere for her clothes to go, new cot mattress, bottles and that's just off the top of my head.

I can't wait! It's my next little countdown. I'm now in double digits and that was the latest one. Not sure what to countdown to after 3rd tri besides birth. There has to be something to break it up!

I can't wait! It's my next little countdown. I'm now in double digits and that was the latest one. Not sure what to countdown to after 3rd tri besides birth. There has to be something to break it up!

I'm counting down to 34 weeks. 34 weeks is my first goal after having my daughter at 29 weeks. I will be 24 weeks tomorrow, so 10 weeks and 1 day. I'd like to make it much farther than 34 weeks but it's my first goal.

I feel like I still have SO much to do. I am moving in 3 weeks so I haven't started getting much baby stuff yet. I had one tote with baby stuff in it and I told my husband when it was full I'd stop buying. It's full so I can't buy anything else now until after we move. It's mostly just stuff that was gender neutral from when my daughter was born and things like towels and blankets. I have all the major items like crib, swing, car seat. I just need smaller stuff mostly except for a dresser and double stroller.

We'd better get organised ladies! :)
Rbourre-do they think you may deliver early this time? Hope that little one stays put until your full term :flower:

Kel-I'd say each week is like a little milestone at this stage :) also, things like hitting 30 weeks when your into the final 10 week countdown

We'd better get organised ladies! :)
Rbourre-do they think you may deliver early this time? Hope that little one stays put until your full term :flower:

Kel-I'd say each week is like a little milestone at this stage :) also, things like hitting 30 weeks when your into the final 10 week countdown

My doctor thinks I will go full term this time. I had extremely high blood pressure last time and this time it's actually been low.

Baby girl is getting stronger and more active everyday! Hubby loves poking my tummy and feeling her kick him back!

I'm super frustrated, around march-april my mom went on a maternity clothes shopping spree for me, and she bought me a couple pairs of jeans from motherhood maternity. I switch them out and wear each pair maybe a couple times a week while I'm working or while I'm out and about, I dont do anything crazy in them. One pair is all worn out already! Holes in the back where the pockets are attached, and the crotch is so thin I wont wear them in public because I'm afraid they are going to tear! So I took them to my motherhood store, where the manager and I are on a first name basis, and she wont exchange them! She said their policy is within 30 days and they can't be worn! How is that fair? They are $40 jeans! I expected them to at least last through this pregnancy! My mom wants me to mail them to her to see if her store will exchange them, so I'm down to one pair of jeans... Anyone else have issues with the quality of their jeans?

Newlywed-that's terrible! Have you thought of posting on their Facebook page how disappointed you are at the quality and service? Sometimes public shaming gets them to give you the money back.

Baby has moved, his back is at the front of my belly.. my organs are taking a beating and he keeps kicking downwards.. its awful lol!

Newlywed-that's terrible! Have you thought of posting on their Facebook page how disappointed you are at the quality and service? Sometimes public shaming gets them to give you the money back.

I just looked for their facebook page and there really wasnt a way to write on it without writing on one of their posts or photos and it would get lost. I did see where another lady posted on one of their photos about a quality issue she had with another one of their items and they responded asking her to pm them, so I am trying that. I just want a new pair of jeans! You would think such a pricey pair of pants would last my entire pregnancy, if not longer, not a whopping 4 months!
Sorry, I'm a bit fired up about it... :haha: :dohh:
I am the kind of person that haates spending money on things, and when I do, I expect to get a higher quality product. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->