*October Bumpkins*2014* 43 Babies Born!

We are having a mild summer so far! Nothing much higher than upper 70s and even been in the 50s a few days this last week!

We are almost a month into winter :p it gets very cold some days but has been a much warmer winter than previous ones.
its our first winter in the south island so we were expecting it to be very cold but it hasnt been too bad.

im still wearing my rings. I used to get bad water retention and id puff up especially in my fingers while pregnant and also when not pregnant but for me it was diet related and since ive eliminated the culprit I have gone much longer without puffing up! Im hoping to keep my rings on this time.

Yeah it does hurt when they find the ribs that's for sure!!!

I haven't been able to wear my rings in about a month, maybe a bit more.

How is the weather where you all are? Here it's very HOT and humid. The humidity has been a killer. I barely have any ankles and my hands are so swollen I don't really have knuckles. Hallelujah for my fan!!!! :)

It's been so hot here, I can't handle it. It's almost 8pm and it's still 30 feels like 33 C (which is 84 feels like 91 F). I am moving in less than 3 weeks and need to get my house packed and cleaned but I am having trouble getting the energy to do anything.

It's around that here, a little cooler but only by a few degrees. No rain in the forecast for the foreseeable future though so that's good. We are moving in a bit as well - definitely not as soon as you are, lol - and we still have absolutely nothing done.

Laelani, i just noticed you have 100 days left today! Congrats! That's so cool to see on the ticker. It's getting so close.

Laelani, i just noticed you have 100 days left today! Congrats! That's so cool to see on the ticker. It's getting so close.

Thank you! Yes it is very exciting!!! We should have a scheduled c-section as well so it will be about 2 weeks earlier than what my ticker shows too! :)

Wow this is a chatty group! I had to go through 15 pages.

Just like Newlywed, I'm moving in with my in laws as well to be able to take better care of the little one since this is my first. Day after is the moving day and it feels like hell broke lose in this house. I was organizing things all day today and boy is it tiring! I can't feel my back but little mister is kicking so hard that even the underbelly is sore.

Dad has gotten home from the hospital and is recovering well. Thanks for all your wishes. Somebody asked to pray for their grandma in here... She is in my thoughts. Sending positive vibes to her.

I got my diaper bag and baby bedding. Would have loved to click it and put it up here but in this moving process, some stuff already reached there and baby stuff went away first.

I'll be in double digits in 2 days. woohoo!! Excited + Super scared.

Cousin's wedding on Aug 14th. Can I travel :shrug: ?? I don't want to miss her wedding! :|

Congrats to all those who reached third tri and to those who are racing towards it! :)

We are almost a month into winter :p it gets very cold some days but has been a much warmer winter than previous ones.
its our first winter in the south island so we were expecting it to be very cold but it hasnt been too bad.

im still wearing my rings. I used to get bad water retention and id puff up especially in my fingers while pregnant and also when not pregnant but for me it was diet related and since ive eliminated the culprit I have gone much longer without puffing up! Im hoping to keep my rings on this time.

What was the culprit? I get puffy fingers or got puffy fingers a lot when not pregnant.

Mommyberry I'm glad to hear your dad is doing better! And as for traveling I just asked my doctor about it and she said the last day for me to travel is September 14th. So probably similar time frame for you as well. It wouldn't hurt to ask your doctor though to be sure.

Hi ladies :) It's been awhile since I've posted here. Seems like I have a ton to catch up on, lol. Things have been crazy hectic around here, we've been helping some friends of ours who got robbed and it has just been so busy. Things with baby are moving along great, I am starting to not be able to wear some of my shirts anymore, lol. Can't believe how fast this pregnancy is going! I have to go now, but I hope you ladies are all doing well! xxxx :flower:

Just had a period of, what I believe was, consistent Braxton Hicks for about a half hour :( they have gone away with laying down and now baby is moving like crazy, but all I want to do is take a nap but I have to leave for work soon, which is 3 long hours at a retail store. Ugh...

OH finally felt baby kick earlier... hes been trying for 6 weeks and each time he puts his hand on he stops, he has seen my belly move last week but he stopped straight away lol!

What was the culprit? I get puffy fingers or got puffy fingers a lot when not pregnant.

Mommyberry I'm glad to hear your dad is doing better! And as for traveling I just asked my doctor about it and she said the last day for me to travel is September 14th. So probably similar time frame for you as well. It wouldn't hurt to ask your doctor though to be sure.

gluten :) I always had digestive issues from hearburn to stomach cramps and alternating diahorrea and constipation.
It wasnt until I was always testing vit d deficient and low iron despite taking vitamins and eating quite healthy that I realised a food was causing it.

I dropped both dairy and gluten and lost water weight right away. Puffiness left along with heaps of other problems I had that id never think was related. Was able to introduce dairy back after a year :)
This was all under my doctors supervision though.

its funny cos I ate something on the morning of my wedding with wheat in it by accident and my fingers puffed up and I couldnt get my rings on I had to really squeeze them on!

Oh I have tried doing gluten free to help with swelling before and it didn't work. It was sort of a self diagnosis type thing, after doing a lot of research on why I would swell so easily. I did it for about 6 months before giving up. I haven't tried gluten and dairy together though. I probably won't for a while, or at least not until I talk to my doctor again.

Where do you ladies draw a line between normal cramps, and concernable cramping?

I bought my baby boys bedding today. It's my first big baby purchase. I was just looking and walked into the store and saw a set that I loved on the display so I went to check out the price and it was on clearance for $99 from $169. I bought this one https://www.sears.ca/product/babys-...-crib-set/632-000047530-39254?recs=igodigital and also bought the matching crib sheet and wall decals. I didn't like the mobile or the lamp so I didn't get those. I am going to try to find a night light that will match. I decided against a mobile this time, we have an aquarium that goes on the crib so we will use that. I'm so excited to set it up, but we won't be doing that quite yet, we are moving on the 19th.

Where do you ladies draw a line between normal cramps, and concernable cramping?

When I get any cramping, I usually take 1 Tylenol and lay down. It has always gone away, but if that didn't work is probably when I would call the doctor.

When I get any cramping, I usually take 1 Tylenol and lay down. It has always gone away, but if that didn't work is probably when I would call the doctor.

I would also try chugging water. But I'd say any time something is concerning you, call your doc. Better safe than sorry!

I would also try chugging water. But I'd say any time something is concerning you, call your doc. Better safe than sorry!

I tried water and laying down and it helped a bit. Never thought to take a Tylenol.. :haha:
It's been off and on about hours now, was off a couple of hours once. Being my first pregnancy I am so lost! I thought they were bh but I honestly don't know the difference!

I bought my baby boys bedding today. It's my first big baby purchase. I was just looking and walked into the store and saw a set that I loved on the display so I went to check out the price and it was on clearance for $99 from $169. I bought this one https://www.sears.ca/product/babys-...-crib-set/632-000047530-39254?recs=igodigital and also bought the matching crib sheet and wall decals. I didn't like the mobile or the lamp so I didn't get those. I am going to try to find a night light that will match. I decided against a mobile this time, we have an aquarium that goes on the crib so we will use that. I'm so excited to set it up, but we won't be doing that quite yet, we are moving on the 19th.

Very cute bedding and awesome to get such a good deal on it

During my previous pregnancy and this one so far, I never had painful cramping. The baby will move to a funny postion sometimes which can be uncomfortable, but not painful. If I lay on my back, my bh contractions tend to be more noticeable, but again, not painful. If there is pain of any sort involved, I probably would call the doc. I doubt they will be concerned but they could always give you a "non-stress test" (I believe they call it. To make sure the cramping isn't effecting baby. Hope this helps :)

During my previous pregnancy and this one so far, I never had painful cramping. The baby will move to a funny postion sometimes which can be uncomfortable, but not painful. If I lay on my back, my bh contractions tend to be more noticeable, but again, not painful. If there is pain of any sort involved, I probably would call the doc. I doubt they will be concerned but they could always give you a "non-stress test" (I believe they call it. To make sure the cramping isn't effecting baby. Hope this helps :)

I agree, here, NW--I've never had BHs that I would call "painful." They just feel like a very strong tightening--like I'm flexing every stomach muscle I have from deep inside. And my belly will sometimes get very hard with them. I hope they have eased up! But never hesitate to call your doc if you feel off--that is what doctors are there for! : )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->