*October Bumpkins*2014* 43 Babies Born!

i had to go buy a waterproof mattress pad today. We have almost a brand new, completely memory foam mattress, and I'm so afraid of wetting myself and ruining it, and last night I speezed and a little got on the sheets and I freaked! :haha:
My husband thought it was the funniest thing ever!

All afternoon I have had sharp pains really low on my left side. It doesn't feel exactly like round ligament pain usually does, but it's in a similar spot. Any thoughts? I've laid on the couch for about an hour and loaded up on extra water, and it doesn't seem to be getting better. It is just intermittent, and not unbearable, but when it hits, it hurts!!

Could it be braxton hicks? Sometimes the baby can be in a funny position and be on a nerve and cause pains too(so my midwife told me)

Hope it's better now :flower:

Thanks, yo yo : ) It doesn't feel like BH, but who knows? Pregnancy can do such weird things. He is still jumping around like crazy, so I don't guess it is bothering him, whatever it is lol.

I've had the exact same thing today?! Low on the left, sort of under my bump? It's not constant but it's really sharp and painful when it does come on? I've had a really busy past few days so don't know if I've pulled something or over done it or what? He's wriggling around just fine though but will give someone a ring if it persists. Are you still getting it?

Sounds the same! I'm not getting the sharp pain as much today, but I just feel a little crampy and sore. I really don't know what to think! I talked to a friend of mine who is a nurse, and she said just rest, drink lots of water, and call the doctor if it gets worse. I'm definitely not worse today, but there is still something a bit weird. He hasn't moved too much today, but I have felt him periodically throughout the day. (He is most active at night time anyway.)

I'm sure all is fine for both our little ones. : ) Try to rest, and I hope it eases up for you soon!!

I'm so fed up with this heat and its not even "proper" summer yet!

I have my glucose test on the 11th, dreading it! x

Hi ladies . I'm feeling a little low tonight , iv recently got my ex foster daughter back , and although I glad to get her back as she was having such a hard time with her mother , I feel the bad behaviour and annoying behaviour she picked up whilst being back in the crappy environment is seeming too much for me , maybe disuse I'm pregnant and feel stressed anyway ?? Or maybe iv taken on too much .
I have 2 sons of my own .. And a foster son who are all so well behaved .
Have I got the strength to turn this girl around again or do I need to concentrate on the children I have in my care .. ?

I passed!! Wahoo. Only was 80! So happy I don't have to the 3 hour!

Wow that's so good that you were able to find out the same day. I go into for mine Thursday morn but it'll talk 3-4 days for results...I'm not expecting any issues but it's a pain especially since I've had it already at 9weeks ugh not looking forward to it

I have mine thursday morning too.:cry:

What kind of numbers are they looking for?

It's not that bad newlywed! Just the drink it SUPER sweet, and kind of burns half way through. If where you get it done keeps the drinks cold, than consider yourself lucky! My hospital gives it to you at a room temperature. Waaay worse!

As for what numbers they are looking for, according to the results they sent me it was: <=139 mg/dL

I took that as they are looking for a number under 139, and I got 100.

Vicky - you look incredible! Very lovely bump!

Stacey - I'm afraid to look at my electric bill I've been running the AC so much! Thankfully my husband hasn't complained yet.

Noshowjo -That's a tough situation. Part of me wants to say to stick with it, because she probably needs it. But the other part wants me to say that you should focus on you're own family and self. In the end I think it's what you feel is really best for you and your family. Good luck.

Noshow that is tough but I have to say how awesome you are to take in foster children at all! Especially teenagers as I have family who do it and I know it can be tough. I agree with mushymik about the two sides which is obviously why you're having a hard time deciding, Is the girl old enough that you can talk to her and explain that things need to change if she's to stay? Sorry I'm not much help :hugs:

I'm so fed up with this heat and its not even "proper" summer yet!

I have my glucose test on the 11th, dreading it! x

Me too. I am having trouble dealing with the heat this year. I'm always sweaty and hot.

I don't know when my glucose test is yet, my doctor hasn't mentioned it. Last pregnancy, I did it at about 27 weeks. The drink didn't bother me that much, but it made my daughter so active and her constantly kicking after all that sugar made me feel sick.

Hi ladies . I'm feeling a little low tonight , iv recently got my ex foster daughter back , and although I glad to get her back as she was having such a hard time with her mother , I feel the bad behaviour and annoying behaviour she picked up whilst being back in the crappy environment is seeming too much for me , maybe disuse I'm pregnant and feel stressed anyway ?? Or maybe iv taken on too much .
I have 2 sons of my own .. And a foster son who are all so well behaved .
Have I got the strength to turn this girl around again or do I need to concentrate on the children I have in my care .. ?

You're amazing for opening up your home and giving this little girl the love she so desperately needs!!!! That being said, you have to think about what is best for everyone involved. It would be wonderful for her to be able to stay and be a part of your family. But only you guys know what is in her best interest, as well as the other children involved, as well as you and the one on the way! I say kudos to you for even trying! Praying it all works out for the best for all of you.

Anyone else hooked on shows or movies about babies or labor? I've watched just about every show on netflix and Hulu about babies and I'm so annoyed because there used to be all these good shows like one born every minute, and a baby story on and now..nothing but teen mom and dh is sick of that bc he says it's unrealistic but idk I like it.

Anyone else hooked on shows or movies about babies or labor? I've watched just about every show on netflix and Hulu about babies and I'm so annoyed because there used to be all these good shows like one born every minute, and a baby story on and now..nothing but teen mom and dh is sick of that bc he says it's unrealistic but idk I like it.

I dont know if you are in the USA but i watch Baby Story on TLC lol I like the episodes when women are having #2 so I can relate! lol!

unfortunately all I have is what's on TV, I don't have hulu or Netflix, so all I have been watching is 16 and pregnant and "I didn't know I was pregnant"

Lol!

Sprite & Newlywed-- There are a few sites online where you can watch shows and movies for free. I use primewire.ag it's a little tricky to navigate, but I love it. Also, One Born Every Minute has come back on in the UK so I'm able to watch it on that website.

Pregnancy is the one time I secant being myself to watch baby shows like one born every minute! Freaks me out for some reason. I'm weird! :haha:

I have the follow up to my anatomy scan today since little man wasn't cooperating last time. They need to get pictures of his kidneys and heart

Noshow I have so much respect for you and your dh to even be able to do that! Good luck with whatever you decide.

Good luck at your scan GeralynB!

I passed my test! I am so relieved:happydance: I knew I didn't have any of the symptoms, but I think I was so worried because my mother had diabetes and I know gd can be a precursor to type 2 later in life. Plus I'm already old :haha: This Saturday a friend is throwing a diaper party for me and a friend who is pg with her third, I'm looking forward to that :)

27 weeks & 2 days :)

I have my 1 hour glucose test on the 10th. They gave me the bottle to bring home and put in the fridge to drink before my appointment. Hoping I pass!

Attachments

• bb12.png
    bb12.png
    339.7 KB · Views: 3
  • bb13.png
    bb13.png
    314 KB · Views: 3
I am so nervous for tomorrow. I am so afraid i wont pass the glucose test. I can't do the 3 hour fasting one, as, even before I got pregnant, if I dont get breakfast within a half hour of getting up, I get really sick. We also have a follow up ultrasound to see baby's heart, as they couldnt get the full 4 chambers in one image last time. I'm also going to have them peek and make sure she's still a girl :haha:

Earlier I was bored and decided to youtube videos of births, which I find soo cool! Then I came upon one of the afterbirth and it made me feel super sick. LOL.

My midwife hasn't even mentioned the glucose test to me:shrug: is it a normal thing in the UK?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->