*October Bumpkins*2014* 43 Babies Born!

:hugs::shrug:Aww kels maybe he's feeling nervous or overwhelme and isn't putting it into words. Hopefully dh comes around soon. Have you asked him about why he's withdrawn at all? Does he even realize it?

Sorry to hear about everyone's mothers and mother in laws! I've been blessed with a very excited family. It's not as big of a deal to my in-laws as it is my own family, but I am having my mom's first grandchild so that makes a difference. Even though it shouldn't, it still does.

And as for my husband, he's super excited. He loves to feel the baby move and he's started talking to my bump cause he noticed it gets him to kick more.

Since around last night I have had the WORST pelvic pain. Okay, maybe not that bad I can still walk but it hurts so freaking bad. Is this normal? I have a feeling that it is, but I just want to be sure.

Maybe it was pelvic girdle pain. I had it bad the last week of school when i was on my feet too much packing the classroom for summer. I asked my dr about it becausr i could barely walk by the end of the days week and she said it was that. Just needed to take it slower was the advice

Baby has been so active today. He's been kicking the majority of the day. My belly has been moving around a lot and I could tell exactly where his foot was.

I think you're right elsa. I talked to a doctor today, cause I thought I was getting a UTI (turns out baby must have just been sitting directly on bladder) and asked about the pain and that's exactly what he said.

I also spent a lot of my day standing and walking around. I'm going out of town for two weeks starting this Friday and my husband could NOT live without someone doing the cooking for him. So today I spent the day shopping and pre-making a bunch of food for him to eat while I'm gone. It was the worst after I got back from the store and after I was done cooking. It hasn't relaxed since. I'm hoping by tomorrow it wont be so bad.

I've made a baby website if anyone cares to see it: https://tabatha-and-nicholas.ourbabychannel.com/

It's pretty basic right now, but then again there's not much information to tell yet.

I think you're right elsa. I talked to a doctor today, cause I thought I was getting a UTI (turns out baby must have just been sitting directly on bladder) and asked about the pain and that's exactly what he said.

I also spent a lot of my day standing and walking around. I'm going out of town for two weeks starting this Friday and my husband could NOT live without someone doing the cooking for him. So today I spent the day shopping and pre-making a bunch of food for him to eat while I'm gone. It was the worst after I got back from the store and after I was done cooking. It hasn't relaxed since. I'm hoping by tomorrow it wont be so bad.

I've made a baby website if anyone cares to see it: https://tabatha-and-nicholas.ourbabychannel.com/

It's pretty basic right now, but then again there's not much information to tell yet.

Aww, your website is adorable! Very sweet idea!

Dh has been quite cut off too. Is this a common thing with men? Is it their sense of taking the pressure of raised responsibility? I'm confused too because I expected him to be super excited for becoming dad... however, he doesn't seem to be so! :shrug:

I now have swollen feet/ankles :( Proper cankles starting, and my feet are so compressed inside my shoes. Think I need to go shopping for new shoes and some compression/flight socks soon. It seems to have just come on suddenly over the last couple of days, though my feet have been more painful than usual for a while.

Anyone else? How are you handling it?

Swelling is quite common in pregnancy. When pelvic muscles relax so do ankle and wrist joints and water gets accumulated in that relaxed spaces causing the unwanted swelling.

I've been drinking a litre of Barley water everyday and the swelling has gone like magic within 2 days. Barley just removes the water accumulated in those relaxed joints. It is natural and doesn't have any side effects. Look for Barley seeds/grains and boil 2 spoonfuls in one litre of water for about 10 mins. Strain the seeds and drink the water. Has been quite useful for me.

That's neat! :thumbup: Very sweet idea... inspires me to make one for ourselves. I've been maintaining a TTC / pregnancy journal (hard copy) so I can put up some milestones of this journey in there. You should too mushy!

Love your website mushymilk :)

And your baby has a really nice name-still struggling with names here!

The only name dh hasn't said no to is Isabelle but then he's not 100% set on it. Think I'm back on Ethan for a boy (after liking Nate for a while, but us yorkshire folk don't pronounce the T in it like you should really so I don't want to use it now ha ha). Booked my 4d scan a week on Saturday eeeeeeek!!! So excited!

Good luck to all the ladies moving house, I hope it all goes smoothly! We are just doing general home improvement stuff (painting, new internal fixtures etc) and I'm finding that hard enough, so I really feel for you having to pack and unpack a whole house!

3rd tri today! Well, my official dates put me at 27+2, but I'm still going by what my ticker says.

I'm now at +23lb, I've gained 3lb this WEEK :( I think that's because I've been off work though, so hopefully it's a one-off.

We are doing home improvements and Oh is moving into mine, my house isn't babyporoof at all!

That's a good idea mommyberry! Thanks!

Yo yo thank you. My husband and I have had the names we wanted picked out for a while.

Hey Mushy are you getting married this year or did you get married last year? Your Story on your website says 2014.

Baby is getting very strong. He kicked so hard this morning that my boob bounced right up. :lol:

Sorry for all those ladies whose OH does not seem to match in their excitement over pregnancy. I think sometimes they get a little overwhelmed with thinking about how the birth of a new baby will change everything-finances, time spent with you, etc.

Cute website Mushy!

Mrs. Eleflump I hope that you are able to find some ways to keep the swelling to a minimal. I have some in my hands and feet and think most of it is attributed to heat so I just keep water with me all the time.

Stacy good luck on your glucose test tomorrow!

AFM: I've finally reached V-day :happydance:

Happy v day busytulip!

Stacey - hope the glucose test goes well.

Mushymilk - love the website!

This is my first baby and my mums first grandchild so she is very excited. My DH is also talking to my belly and rubbing it a lot - he's getting excited. My mil isn't that bothered though as she already has 3 grandchildren with another 3 on the way. I think if family don't appear interested, they could just be giving you space or if it's number 2 or 3 etc they might just think you don't need the same level of support. I'm sure they are just as excited though!!

I can't wait until my mum is in her feet again after her car accident 5 weeks ago. She's still on bed rest with both of her arms in cast so can't do anything. She is starting physio in mid august so am really hoping she's up and about before baby is born as she'd be gutted if she couldn't come and meet baby straight away!

I'm 27 weeks today which I think puts me into 3rd tri yippee!!

Thank you Loopy and congrats on reaching 3rd Tri!!!
Continued healing prayers for your mom

Glucose test today. I haven't been feeling so hot yesterday and today so hope it doesn't make me feel too sick.

My hearts been tachycardic when I lay down so it's kind of worrying me. I'm having some chest soreness and can't seem to get good deep breaths. I don't know if it's acid reflux or low blood pressure or what. My last appointment I went to my BP was 122/55 which is kind of low for me, and I was feeling it that day too but neither of us mentioned anything about it there. Kind of curious to see what it is today.

Otherwise everything is okay. Baby is all up in my ribs and hard kicking a lot. It's also kinda cool to see my tummy roll when she's moving, although it sometimes hurts! She kicks a lot when I lay on my side and it makes me feel like I'm squishing her, lol.

V-Day today! Finally! :happydance:

Congrats to everyone else hitting V day and 3rd trimester markers! What week is 3rd trimester start?? All the online stuff I look up varies.

Today my bump has officially hit my steering wheel! It's not too in the way...yet! Hope I don't have to stop driving too soon!

Had my shower on Saturday! Got some awesome stuff, cute outfits and toys, a lot of cloth diaper money and best of all, my Motorola 2 camera video monitor! It is so cool! DH and I are already playing with it! Haha

I picked up some more cute baby clothes at a 50% off sale yesterday. I love shopping for the babies!

Off to check out Mushy's website :) hope everyone is doing well!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->