*October Bumpkins*2014* 43 Babies Born!

Happy anniversary Geralyn! How funny though as it's my 5th wedding anniversary next Friday so we got married a week apart and having our first baby at a similar time! Enjoy your vacation, sounds amazing!!

Jcliff - cute bump, it looks great! Have a good holiday too!

Happy soon to be anni to you!

Jcliff- your bump is lovely. Have a great time on your trip!

MamaMac- I am not sure if I read it correctly, but if you gained 9lbs in a week that is quite a bit. Even for twins. How has your blood pressure been? I hope that this is something your doc/midwife is aware of and already keeping an eye on. :hugs:

Loopy and Geralyn it is neat that you guys have your anniversary so close to each other and now are having LO's close together

I've finally started writing the things we need for the baby list. It's gives me the feeling of being organised.

Happy anniversary Geralyn! And almost anniversary laura!

If you're really swollen Mamamac I'm sure it's got a lot to do with the weight jump. At least that's hopefully the reason!

Newlywed you've got a nice bump! Mine is starting to form into the "B" shaped bump. It's driving me crazy!

I left to go on a trip today too! Nothing crazy just going to spend some time with my sister and nieces before I have my baby. She lives in Arizona, and it's about 11 hours away from my house so I'm splitting it in two days. I'm staying at my in-laws house right now in LA county. I've just eaten at my favorite burger place that I've been craving for WEEKS! So satisfying!

I passed my glucose test :) So happy for that!

I got to make my birth plan yesterday at my appointment. I opted for a natural birth with natural pain techniques, no interventions (inductions, pitocin, c-section) unless necessary and if one of our lives are in danger. They have a jacuzzi tub and a birthing ball and encourage me to get up and walk around or dance with DB (too cute). They said I could bring anything from home to help too. I also said I wasn't opposed to pain medicine so if I ask for it and it's not too late I'd like to have it. I did say if I needed pitocin to give me pain medication automatically because it can make contractions a lot stronger and painful. They only do episiotomies in emergencies too which is good. They are also letting me do delayed cord clamping if babes is good to go for it! I signed my L&D consent form and now my visits are every 2 weeks! It's all so exciting and everything is coming up fast! Our babies will be here before we know it :)

Congrats on passing StarBrites!

I hope you have a great visit with your family Mushy!

Glucose test was OK until I had full blood tests done, my veins are so bad I nearly fainted :( on the plus side it's my 4d scan tomorrow!!! :) x

I am so upset ladies. For weeks now everyone keeps saying how big I look. I am usually 5'6 and about 125 lbs so reasonably thin. I have been really short of breath, tired and full feeling. Well 4 weeks ago I had an ultrasound and they said that the baby's belly was growing 2 weeks ahead. I went back today and now it is 3 weeks ahead and they said my amniotic fluid levels are very high (AFI of 30). They said one of the main reasons is gestational diabetes but I passed he 1 hour and during both my pregnancies I have low blood sugars, not high. I of course googled and I am getting really nervous. Hey said having polyhydramnios can cause preterm labor, cord prolapse, etc.

I see my regular OB in 2 weeks and then high risk again in 4 weeks with another ultrasound. :cry:

I am so upset ladies. For weeks now everyone keeps saying how big I look. I am usually 5'6 and about 125 lbs so reasonably thin. I have been really short of breath, tired and full feeling. Well 4 weeks ago I had an ultrasound and they said that the baby's belly was growing 2 weeks ahead. I went back today and now it is 3 weeks ahead and they said my amniotic fluid levels are very high (AFI of 30). They said one of the main reasons is gestational diabetes but I passed he 1 hour and during both my pregnancies I have low blood sugars, not high. I of course googled and I am getting really nervous. Hey said having polyhydramnios can cause preterm labor, cord prolapse, etc.

I see my regular OB in 2 weeks and then high risk again in 4 weeks with another ultrasound. :cry:

:hugs: Hope all goes well, try to relax and rest up as much as you can.

Happy Anniversary Geralyn! I hope all of you ladies going on trips enjoy! :)

So today has been an interesting day here. I am going to try to explain this the best that I can in hopes that you ladies can perhaps provide some insight on what the heck is going on. When I was on my lunch break today my baby bump got really tight and it was fairly painful (almost like really, really bad gas pain - almost sharp pains) throughout my baby bump and toward the bottom it almost felt like my bladder was super full too. This lasted for a few moments and then went away. Then tonight we went to eat and I got it again except it lasted a little longer but once I got up and started walking around it somewhat fixed it. Once 2-3 minutes passed though it went away though my belly still felt kind of tight for a bit after and now all of it has settled down and I feel like I normally do. Would these pains be Braxton Hicks??? I am so not sure but they do scare me. :haha:

Hope everything is okay

So today has been an interesting day here. I am going to try to explain this the best that I can in hopes that you ladies can perhaps provide some insight on what the heck is going on. When I was on my lunch break today my baby bump got really tight and it was fairly painful (almost like really, really bad gas pain - almost sharp pains) throughout my baby bump and toward the bottom it almost felt like my bladder was super full too. This lasted for a few moments and then went away. Then tonight we went to eat and I got it again except it lasted a little longer but once I got up and started walking around it somewhat fixed it. Once 2-3 minutes passed though it went away though my belly still felt kind of tight for a bit after and now all of it has settled down and I feel like I normally do. Would these pains be Braxton Hicks??? I am so not sure but they do scare me. :haha:
Sounds like Braxton Hicks to me. Maybe call your doc if it keeps happening. Are you drinking enough water?

Sounds like Braxton Hicks to me. Maybe call your doc if it keeps happening. Are you drinking enough water?

Today I haven't drank a whole lot so that could be the issue as it is pretty warm here. I thought it was BH too but wasn't really sure.

Happy anniversary to those celebrating or coming up. Next Friday (the 18th) is our 5 year wedding anniversary. The 17th is 12 years together. I can't believe it's been so long.

Double digits today. I went to the beach today and it's so tiring chasing a toddler through the sand while pregnant. We also moved some stuff into our new house tonight and now I am exhausted and relaxing before bed.

K. Here are my first "bump" pics. 26w5d- first and last pic of the second trimester. Pardon me in shorts, it was hot today. Also took one of the linea negra that I'm getting. Wow- it keeps getting darker, and I haven't been in the sun or anything. Anyone else have dark pigmentation around and inside their belly buttons? I keep telling my husband it looks like someone gave my button a black eye.

My belly button only gets flat and also turns dark or black!

Sorry to hear that hun, fxd everything turns out just fine :hugs:

Congrats on the anniversaries, vacations, double digits and v days :happydance:

Laelani it does sound like braxton Hicks although people say they aren't meant to hurt but I've had some that have felt just like a small contraction and have hurt.
Definitely up your water intake. Not drinking enough can set them off. Of course if you get more of them in a short space of time ring your midwife just in case :)

My lower back has been aching so bad lately I woke up this morning in a fair bit of pain :(
everything else is going good here. My neighbor is 38 weeks almost and will be having her baby at home. I'm excited for her! Can't wait to find out what she is having as she stayed team yellow also.
We both wanted girls :p

Happy anniversary to those celebrating or coming up. Next Friday (the 18th) is our 5 year wedding anniversary. The 17th is 12 years together. I can't believe it's been so long.

Double digits today. I went to the beach today and it's so tiring chasing a toddler through the sand while pregnant. We also moved some stuff into our new house tonight and now I am exhausted and relaxing before bed.

We got married on exactly the same day! Enjoy whatever you are doing to celebrate! And congrats on double digits!

Congratulations on all the anniversaries. Lovely plan to get away to celebrate.

Ours isn't until 1st Oct so I very much doubt we'll be going away! I do wonder if baby will come 2 weeks early and be born on the same day!

Last week in 2nd tri . And in double figures . I'm so excited now to be in last stretch .
Iv not really enjoyed pregnancy this time round but think that's because their is 4 other children at home and I just want to be not pregnant now and more active .

We got married on exactly the same day! Enjoy whatever you are doing to celebrate! And congrats on double digits!

Thank you, I hope you enjoy too. We are moving the next day so that day will be spent getting everything ready to move and being at the new house because our internet is getting set up that day. If I have time, I am going to do my glucose test that day too.

Last week in 2nd tri . And in double figures . I'm so excited now to be in last stretch .
Iv not really enjoyed pregnancy this time round but think that's because their is 4 other children at home and I just want to be not pregnant now and more active .

Congrats on reaching double digits and 3rd tri! :happydance:

Sorry to hear that you haven't been able to enjoy your pregnancy. I have a large brood myself and can relate to wanting to be more active and not being able to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->