*October Bumpkins*2014* 43 Babies Born!

Why would they give the c-section so may days before your due date? Is that to prevent you actually going into labor before?

La mere your bump is so wonderful!

I've just bought a bag to use for my hospital bag, it's quite possibly one of the cutest bags I've gotten that isn't a purse! I'm taking two small ones, one for me and one for baby. I'm just going to use the diaper bag I'm getting as a hospital bag for him, and I got one that is a bit bigger than that for myself. I'm starting to get everything gathered for it, it's making me really anxious! And excited at the same time.

Anyone have a list of things they are going off of? The list I am using I got off of pinterest. I would like to see what everyone else is bringing.

Happy anniversary Kel!

Happy birthday rbourre - hope the pain subsides.

La mere - lovely bump pic!

Sister rose - that's a great scan pic - it's making me want to do one!

Geralyn - sorry to hear about your kitchen delay. I empathise as we are having a kitchen extension that was supposed to be completed mid September but they've now pushed the start date to 23rd September (2.5 weeks before the due date). The building work will take 5-7 weeks. We've asked them to do the outside bit then give us a bit of a break before they knock through but either way it's going to be so disruptive with a newborn. I'm feeling devastated by the delay as I wanted everything to be done and now I know it won't be. Grr!

So frustrating!

Happy birthday Rbourre!

Love all the 4D pics ladies! :) sounds like everyone is doing pretty well. Sorry to those with the back aches...I'm there with you!

So the diabetes test totally took it out of me and I slept all afternoon. Now I'm trying to be up and productive but keep sitting every few minutes. Also total
Tmi but I had major diarrhea all afternoon. Did that happen to anyone else after the test?? Yuck

Love all the dream talk. I totally dreamt that my babies were boy/girl so I think there's something to it.

My dreams lately have been so messed up and weird I can't even put them into words when I wake up! Lol

Mushymilk- I'd like to know what to pack in the hospital bag too. I'm clueless. I haven't started yet but I guess I should in a few weeks

Mushymilk- I'd like to know what to pack in the hospital bag too. I'm clueless. I haven't started yet but I guess I should in a few weeks

Ditto, share that pinterest pin/link so i can pin it to mine lol

Happy Anniversary Kel :)

Happy Birthday rbourre! :D

Everyone looks fab, went to the hospital for the GD test today and when I was sat in the waiting room I realised I'm now one of those heavily pregnant women that I used to stare at in the beginning:haha: Not long now:dance:

Lol I think about that too! The other day my hubby saw a lady and said, wow she doesn't have long! I looked at him and said, uh, she's smaller than me, what do you think people think when they see me out and about?

I'm pretty sure the back pain I've been feeling is trapped gas. I have burped a few times and it instantly feels a lot better. I had a pretty big meal tonight since we went out for my birthday and felt awful after. I bought a case of coke and I'm drinking one because coke always makes me burp and it's helping a lot.

Why would they give the c-section so may days before your due date? Is that to prevent you actually going into labor before?

La mere your bump is so wonderful!

I've just bought a bag to use for my hospital bag, it's quite possibly one of the cutest bags I've gotten that isn't a purse! I'm taking two small ones, one for me and one for baby. I'm just going to use the diaper bag I'm getting as a hospital bag for him, and I got one that is a bit bigger than that for myself. I'm starting to get everything gathered for it, it's making me really anxious! And excited at the same time.

Anyone have a list of things they are going off of? The list I am using I got off of pinterest. I would like to see what everyone else is bringing.

Standard practice around here at least, is to schedule the c-section any time during the 39th week (unless there is a separate medical issue that would push it even earlier.) For a repeat c-section, I think the whole procedure goes a lot more smoothly if you don't go into labor first (so yes, that is the reasoning behind scheduling it before your actual due date.) : ) Mine happens to be 4 days before my due date. I actually wish it was 6 or 7 days before my date. I'm kind of worried about going into labor, because the anesthesia already makes me very nervous, and sometimes being in labor changes a bit of the way they do it.

This child is determined to boot let me sleep tonight. Been in bed awake, while Shes punching and kicking and rolling for 2.5 hours And cOunting...

Here's my hospital bag list. It's pretty long and based on my experience last time where I was induced and had complications so was in for a week. I recon I've got enough to last induction, labour & a day on the ward afterwards. DH will then just have to bring more in for us if needed. (But really really hoping for a natural labour and home same day or the next at the latest)

Hospital bag contents

Maternity pads x 1 pack
Disposable knickers
T-shirt Steve
Underwear Steve
Travel spray Steve
2 x yoga pants
1 x pjs
Knight dress
3 x t shirts
5 x black knickers
2 x nursing bras
Something to wear for labour (undecided)
Water spray
Fan
Bath pillow
Baby wipes
Face wipes
Deodorant
Body spray
Travel shower gel (simple?)
Travel shampoo
Travel conditioner
Travel hair gel
Tooth brush
Tooth paste
Foundation
Moisturiser
Mascara
Jaffa cakes
Gluten free bread
Breakfast bars
Hair brush
Hair bands
Slippers
Tissues
Camera
Dressing gown (leave in car)

Baby

Cotton pads
Nappies
3 x small baby vests & baby grows
3 x newborn vests & baby grows
1 x 0 - 3 month vest & baby grow
2 x small cotton hats
2 x small wool hats
2 x cardigan
2 x booties
Swaddling blanket
Car seat
Car seat blanket - leave in car.
3 x muslin squares

My little one had hiccups at 4.30 this morning! Such a strange feeling!

3lb 14oz sounds good for 31weeks zebadi! My second daughter was still only mid 2lb at that stage. Sorry to hear you had a rough time with the bleed, must have been such a scare! Did they five you steroids just incase?

cntrygrl - i have been having increasing hip pains over the last few weeks, hurts to get up or some times its like my hips cease up and hard to lift my leg :( quite painful.

happy anniversary kel! Hope you have a lovely day :-D

SisterRose - yes I was kept in over night and given 2 lots of steroid tablets to strengthen her lungs incase she came early.. She's still in there though... nice a snug lol.

Here's my hospital bag list. It's pretty long and based on my experience last time where I was induced and had complications so was in for a week. I recon I've got enough to last induction, labour & a day on the ward afterwards. DH will then just have to bring more in for us if needed. (But really really hoping for a natural labour and home same day or the next at the latest)

Hospital bag contents

Maternity pads x 1 pack
Disposable knickers
T-shirt Steve
Underwear Steve
Travel spray Steve
2 x yoga pants
1 x pjs
Knight dress
3 x t shirts
5 x black knickers
2 x nursing bras
Something to wear for labour (undecided)
Water spray
Fan
Bath pillow
Baby wipes
Face wipes
Deodorant
Body spray
Travel shower gel (simple?)
Travel shampoo
Travel conditioner
Travel hair gel
Tooth brush
Tooth paste
Foundation
Moisturiser
Mascara
Jaffa cakes
Gluten free bread
Breakfast bars
Hair brush
Hair bands
Slippers
Tissues
Camera
Dressing gown (leave in car)

Baby

Cotton pads
Nappies
3 x small baby vests & baby grows
3 x newborn vests & baby grows
1 x 0 - 3 month vest & baby grow
2 x small cotton hats
2 x small wool hats
2 x cardigan
2 x booties
Swaddling blanket
Car seat
Car seat blanket - leave in car.
3 x muslin squares

Lauraemiley - Hahahaha! Love how you have added Jaffa Cakes to the list.. lol.
That's a helpful list actually, I have no idea what to pack, so thank you for that. x

My little one had hiccups at 4.30 this morning! Such a strange feeling!

Haha. I thought it was cute the first few times now they are kind of annoying as if I'm the one who has them :p Makes me happy though because hiccups are a good sign!

Kiki-- Mine had the hiccups yesterday afternoon and I could feel him hitting my cervix and ribs each time.

DH's mom gave me the little shirt the hospital gave her when DH came home from the hospital. He'll be wearing that under his coming home sleeper. As for the hospital bag I'm taking our small travel suitcase. Parker's things are all set, but mine aren't. We live 10 minutes from the hospital so I don't need to pack DH anything other than maybe snacks.

I am 29+5 today...the day my daughter was born. I can't wait until today is over and I am still pregnant. Absolutely no signs of pre-eclampsia returning, my BP this morning was 118/79. I am hoping my doctor's office will call today with the results of my GTT and tell me I don't have GD.

Has anyone else had some crampy feelings in their stomach right where baby is? This little guy moves a lot and I think he's rubbing his legs/knees up and down my stomach on both sides of my belly button and then kicks the same spot. It seems to make my stomach a bit crampy after he does that for a while.

Rbourre-- I've had that quite a few times. It's actually been sore to touch the muscles just below my ribs at times because of all the moving he does.

I am 29+5 today...the day my daughter was born. I can't wait until today is over and I am still pregnant. Absolutely no signs of pre-eclampsia returning, my BP this morning was 118/79. I am hoping my doctor's office will call today with the results of my GTT and tell me I don't have GD.

Has anyone else had some crampy feelings in their stomach right where baby is? This little guy moves a lot and I think he's rubbing his legs/knees up and down my stomach on both sides of my belly button and then kicks the same spot. It seems to make my stomach a bit crampy after he does that for a while.

What a great milestone you've reached!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->