*October Bumpkins*2014* 43 Babies Born!

Ljo-enjoy your maternity leave! Good job they found the uti so it can be treated. You can get them without the nasty symptoms.

Zephyr-fingers crossed you get your home birth this time just how you plan it

Starbrites-sure you can handle a natural birth. A jacuzzi sounds great for labour too. I had a water birth with dd2 and was such good pain relief.

Sprite-I am aiming for a natural birth. With my first I had a pain relief called pethidine, but it just made me feel ill and out of control. Secobd birth I was in water and I had gas and air. I was able to listen to my body and know when to push-ended up a fast labour with no tearing. Hope I can have the same experience again.

Jcliff-I'm getting braxton hicks too. Particularly at night. The joys of pregnancy!

Yeh I normally do get cystitis symptoms. I'm just gonna increase my fluid intake n flush it out I'd rather not take antibiotics unless I really need them. :)

Kitchen reno starts today. I really hope it doesn't take longer than the 2 weeks they told us it would take to complete. I am in serious nesting mode and want the house to be clean and in order not under construction.

31 weeks today! :happydance:

I was hoping for a natural birth and to use the tubs at the hospital for pain relief. When I met with the nurse last week, she said most likely I will be stuck in a bed with continuous fetal monitoring because of my history. Not so happy about that but it's better to make sure baby is safe.

I almost had a freak out last night when I wiped and saw bright red blood. Then I remembered that my hand slipped while I was showering and I scratched myself down there with my finger nail. The blood was coming exactly from where I scratched and it wasn't that much.

I get tons of bh when I overdo it. Usually they hit as I'm standing up, which is really awkward! Sometimes they hit while I'm just walking around, which sucks especially in the store because I have to stop dead until it goes away.

Being my first baby and I'm quite nervous, I plan on just going to the hospital and getting an epidural and trying to relax.

I was hoping for a natural birth and to use the tubs at the hospital for pain relief. When I met with the nurse last week, she said most likely I will be stuck in a bed with continuous fetal monitoring because of my history. Not so happy about that but it's better to make sure baby is safe.

I almost had a freak out last night when I wiped and saw bright red blood. Then I remembered that my hand slipped while I was showering and I scratched myself down there with my finger nail. The blood was coming exactly from where I scratched and it wasn't that much.

Oh my god!!! There should be no reason for continuous monitoring, this is a totally different pregnancy, your gonna be full term this time. You can refuse though and ask for intermittent monitoring unless anything crops up from that then you'll reevaluate. And just tell them your going to be active even if you can't get in a tub, things are gonna be easier for you and progress quicker if your up and mobile than stuck on a bed. Drives me mad!

Oh my god!!! There should be no reason for continuous monitoring, this is a totally different pregnancy, your gonna be full term this time. You can refuse though and ask for intermittent monitoring unless anything crops up from that then you'll reevaluate. And just tell them your going to be active even if you can't get in a tub, things are gonna be easier for you and progress quicker if your up and mobile than stuck on a bed. Drives me mad!

Thanks. I'm hoping they are wrong and I can use the tub. I am just not liking the idea of being stuck in a bed for who knows how long. I'd even be happy if I can just walk around. She did say I may be able to sit on the birthing ball but that's all she mentioned. I really like the look of the tub, it looks so much more relaxing than an uncomfortable hospital bed.

Attachments

• bc-04.jpg
    bc-04.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 5
Just remember it's your body, your baby and your choice if you wanted move about it's your right to do so. ;-) after my first I refused to be in a laying position for my next one full stop, same this time, I can't cope laying down, plus gravity will keep things progressing and helps during pushing :)

Sprite - I had a natural labor and birth with both of my older children and the plan is for the same at home with this baby. I managed from start to finish without anything at all.

Jcliff- I've been getting BH really bad lately too. I think I've been over doing it around the house and when running errands, etc. and not making sure I drink enough fluids. On Saturday they were so bad I was on my hands and knees and breathing through it as if I were in labor. I've been having them noticeably since about 12 weeks but they've just gotten stronger and a bit more annoying since then, lol.

33 Weeks today! I had my growth ultrasound and checkup today. He's measuring in the 61st percentile, is 5lb 3oz already, and is head down. I'm measuring 34 weeks currently so maybe he'll arrive sooner. I have another ultrasound in 2 weeks because they found fluid around his testes. Which doctor said can be common, but I guess they want to make sure it doesn't increase. I have been throwing up after meals a lot lately. Even if I do small portions. It's not very pleasant as I end up dry heaving and peeing myself.

Hope everyone is doing as well as can be expected at this point. :hugs:

Just remember it's your body, your baby and your choice if you wanted move about it's your right to do so. ;-) after my first I refused to be in a laying position for my next one full stop, same this time, I can't cope laying down, plus gravity will keep things progressing and helps during pushing :)

Ljo is right... Your body, your baby. I am having a home birth after a traumatic first birth and a c-section for my second... Water birth and no monitoring. GL ... Be your own advocate!

rbourre - yeah I think they should let you do what you want - all they would need to do is take your bp periodically and maybe run some blood work if needed but why does that restrict you to a bed? That's dumb. If your bp starts rising or something else comes up, then maybe getting into the bed with more continuous monitoring would be best, but until there are signs of anything going wrong, there should be no reason you can't try it.

Goodness ladies I am just a burping machine lately. I am burping SO much, and it usually comes in like 3 burps in a row, and these aren't just your average small belch after a meal. I mean I am burping like a grown man who just downed a huge beer or something! It's all day long, while at work, at home, I even wake up to pee and burp several times once I sit up and the air is forced up. I don't even drink anything carbonated or anything. It's embarrassing!

I feel this pregnancy has been pretty easy on my body physically. I have been super tired at times, I have leg and foot cramps a lot, minor acid reflux, typical stuff... but overall I don't feel quite like a huge waddling pregnant lady yet. However I feel like it's starting to get that way! By the end of the day it's a struggle to get out of a chair, I feel stiff in my legs and am starting to waddle, and my back pain is amping up. It's actually exciting to experience all this stuff since I didn't get this far in pregnancy with my dd. My c-section is in just over 5 weeks... 38 days... That is so crazy to think!

I've been eating pretty bad lately and I think my weight gain is increasing fast. How much weight are we supposed to gain in the last month or two? I know the baby gains about 1/2 pound a week... what about us?

^ it's the baby there after monitoring, with the straps round her bump. They reckon you can still be mobile but it's rubbish (from my experience cause they kept bloody popping off!)
They shouldn't be comparing this pregnancy to your last though, plus you've had a trouble free pregnancy to date. You could maybe get a plan together and be adamant it's stuck to, if anything arises YOU will make the decision of what happens next rather than be told what to do iykwim. And get hubby on board of your plan to advocate for you. :) xx

33 Weeks today! I had my growth ultrasound and checkup today. He's measuring in the 61st percentile, is 5lb 3oz already, and is head down. I'm measuring 34 weeks currently so maybe he'll arrive sooner. I have another ultrasound in 2 weeks because they found fluid around his testes. Which doctor said can be common, but I guess they want to make sure it doesn't increase. I have been throwing up after meals a lot lately. Even if I do small portions. It's not very pleasant as I end up dry heaving and peeing myself.

Hope everyone is doing as well as can be expected at this point. :hugs:

Happy 33 weeks. Glad your baby is growing well :) sorry your throwing up-hope that stops soon :flower:

rbourre - yeah I think they should let you do what you want - all they would need to do is take your bp periodically and maybe run some blood work if needed but why does that restrict you to a bed? That's dumb. If your bp starts rising or something else comes up, then maybe getting into the bed with more continuous monitoring would be best, but until there are signs of anything going wrong, there should be no reason you can't try it.

Goodness ladies I am just a burping machine lately. I am burping SO much, and it usually comes in like 3 burps in a row, and these aren't just your average small belch after a meal. I mean I am burping like a grown man who just downed a huge beer or something! It's all day long, while at work, at home, I even wake up to pee and burp several times once I sit up and the air is forced up. I don't even drink anything carbonated or anything. It's embarrassing!

I feel this pregnancy has been pretty easy on my body physically. I have been super tired at times, I have leg and foot cramps a lot, minor acid reflux, typical stuff... but overall I don't feel quite like a huge waddling pregnant lady yet. However I feel like it's starting to get that way! By the end of the day it's a struggle to get out of a chair, I feel stiff in my legs and am starting to waddle, and my back pain is amping up. It's actually exciting to experience all this stuff since I didn't get this far in pregnancy with my dd. My c-section is in just over 5 weeks... 38 days... That is so crazy to think!

I've been eating pretty bad lately and I think my weight gain is increasing fast. How much weight are we supposed to gain in the last month or two? I know the baby gains about 1/2 pound a week... what about us?

I am sure my blood pressure will go up when I am in labour. I just hope they don't want to rush to do another c-section if baby is stable. I am going to really, really try to get them to let me labour and have a vaginal birth. I hope my doctor delivers my baby because he is awesome and very pro vbac. He hasn't even tried to tell me I might need a c-section again, he is sure I will be able to have a vbac. It was the nurse I met with to pre-register at the hospital that said they will probably stick me in a bed to be monitored. My blood pressure rises really easily though so I'm not sure how that is going to go. It will probably be high by the time I get to the hospital when I am in labour. Any pain, stress, being really active, anxiety, etc make it go up to over 140/90, when it's normally about 120/80 or lower.

I am also burping a lot and I don't usually know when they are coming. My mom and sister were over last week and I kept burping very loudly while they were here. Thankfully, they are the type of people to just laugh it off but I kept apologizing. I usually will go to say something and let out a huge burp instead. :dohh:

Aww Rbourre, that's a shame that they would be so strict. We already know that this pregnancy is so different so they should at least give you a chance. I'd be disappointed if I was told the same. Actually the hospital I'm going to doesn't let you labor in the pool unless your water breaks there. If it breaks at home the tub is automatically out which I think is just crap, isn't that the whole point? But they will let you go I to the shower up until the point they have to put an IV in you. I learned all kinds of weird things today when I had my 34 week appt, I'm kind of glad I asked so silly questions because the doc I had today kind of felt like she needed to backtrack alittle.

So I'm thinking now that I'm going to try to labor as long as I can at home. I've got a million things running through my head right now.

I went to lunch today with a friend and was told I'm starting to waddle. I didn't know I was there yet... I also had to invest in bigger panties today! Not gonna lie they're super comfortable!

I've been really good otherwise!

I went to lunch today with a friend and was told I'm starting to waddle. I didn't know I was there yet... I also had to invest in bigger panties today! Not gonna lie they're super comfortable!

I've been really good otherwise!

Waddling started here too!

I spent 7 hours setting up my classroom, moving furniture into place, and general on my feet work yesterday to get ready for the first day of school next week and I could barely walk by the end of the day.

I was in full waddle by 1 pm, and old lady walking by 4, lol. I didn't even bother walking around after 8 pm (just laid around).

As for bigger panties, I've been avoiding the issue haha. I noticed that several of mine (mostly the cotton ones) now give me panty lines because they are tight on my legs now. So I've been rotating through the microfiber type fabric ones again and again because they stretch more, lol!

Hey, double bonus, I've kept up with the laundry like a pro, and I can live in denial for a few more weeks about my underwear size.

I'd like to see a runway waddle of pregnant ladies in their third tri. It would make me so happy hahaha :happydance:.

I was in denial about the panties too, until I put on a pair yesterday that last week were slightly less comfortable than normal but still wearable, and I had to take them off within the hour! I'm totally not disappointed or upset that I gave in so quickly cause dang these are super comfy! Haha

A runway of waddling pregnant ladies would be awesome! Someone needs to make that happen!

I agree, I would love to see some mommas waddling down the runway. And I don't feel an ounce of regret for purchasing larger undies. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->