*October Bumpkins*2014* 43 Babies Born!

I with you ladies that have the bh! They are horrible and painful! Baby has dropped now so I feel like I have to pee every time I stand up. He had dropped a week ago and then yesterday I felt like he had popped back up. I woke up this morning feeling like he had dropped even lower. I guess I'll find out for sure at my appointment on Friday.

I purchased the same size panties, but for pregnancy. And I got the ones that are high waisted and can be folded down. I know I'll need them after the baby because they'll put less pressure on my c-section scar. I had to wear one of my regular panties the other day and I wanted to rip them off! They kept digging right in! It motivated me to do the laundry though!

I'm trying so hard not to waddle, i caught myself doing it one day late last week at home and just thought oh no I don't wanna do that. Lol

My undies must be super stretchy because I am actually suprised I'm in the same size.

I gave in and bought the new panties 2 weeks ago. I'm wishing I could have spent more time looking at different types in my new size because I ended up with super high waisted granny panties that I'm fairly certain I won't want to wear after! But I had my 8 year old son with me who was having a cow because he was surrounded by bras and panties! Lol. He doesn't even like to walk down the girls toy eisle!

I think I waddle, I feel like I do although no one has pointed it out to me yet.

I bought new underwear like 6 months ago. So much more comfy and I don't even care. I bought 3 packs of just cheap $4 ones (4 in each pack) and a pack for my hospital bag.

My power went out today for almost 3 hours. I was dying, it was so hot and my daughter was acting crazy.

Kel21 I felt the same way when I took my husband with me to try on nursing bras. Some things are just better done alone lol

Oh no Rbourre that sucks, it was soooo hot here today too i would have been miserable.

I rearranged the nursery/office 3 times today I thought I had it perfect after the second time but after I got off work and I kept so walking past the room I realized when glancing in all you saw was the office stuff so I switched my desk and the crib around so now when you look in you see the crib first. No idea why that bothered me but dh agreed so I moved it all a 3rd time lol

image.jpg

This is the final layout I'm going with and it's a bit weird bc my desk is huge (-adding finding a smaller desk to the top of my to do list) and I need to be able to see the tv when I work and the cable hook up is on the wall where he dresser will go so I'll have to put the tv on top of the dresser.

rbourre - yeah I think they should let you do what you want - all they would need to do is take your bp periodically and maybe run some blood work if needed but why does that restrict you to a bed? That's dumb. If your bp starts rising or something else comes up, then maybe getting into the bed with more continuous monitoring would be best, but until there are signs of anything going wrong, there should be no reason you can't try it.

Goodness ladies I am just a burping machine lately. I am burping SO much, and it usually comes in like 3 burps in a row, and these aren't just your average small belch after a meal. I mean I am burping like a grown man who just downed a huge beer or something! It's all day long, while at work, at home, I even wake up to pee and burp several times once I sit up and the air is forced up. I don't even drink anything carbonated or anything. It's embarrassing!

I feel this pregnancy has been pretty easy on my body physically. I have been super tired at times, I have leg and foot cramps a lot, minor acid reflux, typical stuff... but overall I don't feel quite like a huge waddling pregnant lady yet. However I feel like it's starting to get that way! By the end of the day it's a struggle to get out of a chair, I feel stiff in my legs and am starting to waddle, and my back pain is amping up. It's actually exciting to experience all this stuff since I didn't get this far in pregnancy with my dd. My c-section is in just over 5 weeks... 38 days... That is so crazy to think!

I've been eating pretty bad lately and I think my weight gain is increasing fast. How much weight are we supposed to gain in the last month or two? I know the baby gains about 1/2 pound a week... what about us?

I am sure my blood pressure will go up when I am in labour. I just hope they don't want to rush to do another c-section if baby is stable. I am going to really, really try to get them to let me labour and have a vaginal birth. I hope my doctor delivers my baby because he is awesome and very pro vbac. He hasn't even tried to tell me I might need a c-section again, he is sure I will be able to have a vbac. It was the nurse I met with to pre-register at the hospital that said they will probably stick me in a bed to be monitored. My blood pressure rises really easily though so I'm not sure how that is going to go. It will probably be high by the time I get to the hospital when I am in labour. Any pain, stress, being really active, anxiety, etc make it go up to over 140/90, when it's normally about 120/80 or lower.

I am also burping a lot and I don't usually know when they are coming. My mom and sister were over last week and I kept burping very loudly while they were here. Thankfully, they are the type of people to just laugh it off but I kept apologizing. I usually will go to say something and let out a huge burp instead. :dohh:

I constantly burped with dd2. It was my first sign of pregnancy actually..although I'm not sure if it's a recognised symptom or not?!

Kel21 I felt the same way when I took my husband with me to try on nursing bras. Some things are just better done alone lol

Oh no Rbourre that sucks, it was soooo hot here today too i would have been miserable.

I rearranged the nursery/office 3 times today I thought I had it perfect after the second time but after I got off work and I kept so walking past the room I realized when glancing in all you saw was the office stuff so I switched my desk and the crib around so now when you look in you see the crib first. No idea why that bothered me but dh agreed so I moved it all a 3rd time lol

View attachment 797343

This is the final layout I'm going with and it's a bit weird bc my desk is huge (-adding finding a smaller desk to the top of my to do list) and I need to be able to see the tv when I work and the cable hook up is on the wall where he dresser will go so I'll have to put the tv on top of the dresser.

I love the layout. Looks like a good size room!

When it comes to undies/panties I brought maternity ones at the end of 1st tri in a size bigger than normal because I have gained weight around my hips.

I bought a pack of size medium cotton bikini's in my 2nd trimester they still fit and are comfy. I think I'm going to buy a package of black ones for the hospital.

33 weeks today! Baby is the size of a Durian fruit, aprox. 17.2 - 18.7 inches and 4.2 - 5.8 lbs. Only 49 days to go! Last weighed 126.1 lbs, BP was 107/97 (a little higher than normal than usual) and all my measurements for baby were pretty well on. 33.5 cm for fundal height and 144 for baby's HB. Will try to take a bump pic to post later!

Baby is 3 5ths engaged :D hope things start moving soon, in so much pain :(

Oh and today i had a different midwife who asked if i had antenatal classes yet.... my usual midwife hadn't told me i had to have them 11 weeks ago!!!!! so now we can't have them as its too late. my usual midwife is crap she never tells me anything or answers my questions, todays was lovely she really helped me x

Stacey-your midwife is rubbish! :-( can't you ask to see this better one from now?

Glad all sounds well with baby :) starting to engage is good. You should find you can breathe deeper now!

So all morning I have had quite a bit of pain in my cervix and a lot of mucous. What is this?

Also just had a bm and it hurt alot and when I wiped there was a bit of blood.,I am thinking maybe I tore something during? Idk...

Stacey-your midwife is rubbish! :-( can't you ask to see this better one from now?

Glad all sounds well with baby :) starting to engage is good. You should find you can breathe deeper now!

No it means travelling 8 miles on a bus, shes only covered my area as normal midwife is on holiday :( Its actually worse breathing now as hes so long and stretched out lol x

That's a pain, Stacey :( Is there anything you can do about it now? There's a poster on the wall where I have my mw appointments saying to book them around 20 weeks to take them at 34-36 weeks...I phoned early, around 17 weeks or so, and got the very last place for the ones that are on when I'm 35 and 36 weeks :dohh: We did look at NCT ones but the lady we contacted was really quite pushy...we realised the ones I originally enquired about, we couldn't make one of the dates, and there was no other suitable class, but she kept on emailing suggesting ones miles away etc, which sort of put me off.

Glad baby is engaging, I hope things happen for you as soon as little man is ready! My little squirt was still free-floating (though head-down) last week at 33+6, will see at my fetal med appointment tomorrow (34+6) if that has changed, though I am still finding it hard to breathe so I don't think baby has engaged much, if at all!

View attachment 797343

Cool layout. I love to create room plans (a few options) before actually setting up furniture like you've done with your cutouts.

I like using the Icovia room planning tool and then printing it out. I usually take screen shots and save them to my desktop so I can print and save layouts without paying for an account :)blush:). If anyone is interested in where to find a digital layout tool for your nursery you can customize one here:

https://jordans.icovia.com/icovia.aspx

I use that whenever I'm setting up any kind of space (nursery/classroom/moving/etc.). Just in case anyone's interested :)

Here's what my room plan looks like (using the digital tool I linked to).

Attachments

• Screen shot 2014-07-09 at 4.40.49 PM.png
    Screen shot 2014-07-09 at 4.40.49 PM.png
    27.3 KB · Views: 0
Love the room layouts! I won't be able to have the nursery set up until baby is about 6 months since we've been using it as a temporary play room for the girls. We still have to reno their new play room by adding a bathroom beside it and that may take a while still. For now, baby will be set up in our room.

How exciting to know that baby is already engaged! We're all getting so close!!

I was having horrible bh last night. I was literally bent over in pain, but they were so random so I didn't think I needed to go to the hospital. I did wake up a few times in the middle of the night to some contractions as well. I'm going to wait it out and see if they get worse.

Thought I would try one of those collage sites. Here is mine. Red shirt is 27w. Pink shirt is 33w4d and green shirt is today 34w4d. Looks like he had a growth spurt this last week! 27w pic almost looks the same to me. Hmmmm.

Attachments

• PhotoCollage_-2126787174.jpg
    PhotoCollage_-2126787174.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 10
Oh thanks for sharing Elsa, that's pretty cool! We finally set up the nursery furniture a few days ago but I don't like it and I think we're going to move things around again.

I'm sure my baby is not engaged yet, but I'm having a c-section so I wonder if they will even check for that stuff? Or if they will even check if I'm dilating later on since it won't matter. I guess it could give them a better idea if I was going to end up going into labor before my section date but I would think they would just tell me to come in and do the section then if that happened. Anyone know?

I've been out of breath a lot more recently, a new symptom for me. I slept horribly last night, my belly has been so itchy. And someone else mentioned this too, every time I stand up I feel like I have to pee SO badly. And I could have just gone pee 10 minutes prior!

Excited as my SIL is 37 weeks now and getting closer and closer to having her baby! I'm so excited for her!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->