*October Bumpkins*2014* 43 Babies Born!

I just got nursing sleep bras to wear then got fitted for a proper nursing bra once my boobs had chilled out and feeding was established (around 6 weeks).

Breast feeding classes are great for starter tips and worth doing but i found they put a little too much of a rose tinted glasses look on the subject and only taught one way to hold the baby, tummy to mummy. The help and support I received from mws & lactation consultants afterwards was a lot more helpful. Breastfeeding for most people is hard for the first few weeks, that's ok and completely normal but I felt like a failure when he wouldn't latch straight away when doing what I thought was exactly what I learnt from the classes. There's also a range of positions to hold a baby which may work out better in the early weeks. In my case big boobs & baby with a particularly tiny mouth & tongue tie (we later learnt) meant the rugby ball hold was required. Changed our world learning that one!

It's sinking in for me. Especially when I look at the bassinet in our bedroom! Soon it won't be occupied by a teddy bear!

Anyone else find time to all of a sudden be draaaaaaagging?

Yessssss!!! Dragging!

I'm going to a breast feeding class on 11th Sep. it's part of my antenatal classes - I have 3 antenatal evening classes, an all day one, a breast feeding class and a postnatal one about 6 weeks afterwards. I've had 2 so far and I'm finding them really useful as well as meeting local people due at the same time. We've organised a couple of nights out in the next 2 weeks which should be fun!

I feel like time is dragging and I can't wait to meet her but on the other hand I'm enjoying being pregnant and my hospital bag isn't packed and I don't have everything for baby yet so I need her to stay in there for a few more weeks! I'm going to try and sort the remaining things this weekend. My DH is busy digging the foundations for our extension so I don't feel I can nest yet while everything is in chaos!

When is the right time to buy nursing bras? I know they continue growing so I want to make sure I get measured as late as possible to avoid having to buy more at different sizes but conscious it's getting close now! I also don't have any nursing tops yet.

The only nursing tops I have are a couple of tank tops. I am hoping there are nice long sleeve nursing tops that I can find closer to the time. As for the nursing bras I just bought cheap ones last time and plan on reusing them this time. And they are the same size I was at the end of pregnancy. You will get huge and engorge for a few weeks but then it will settle back down.

Breast feeding classes are great for starter tips and worth doing but i found they put a little too much of a rose tinted glasses look on the subject and only taught one way to hold the baby, tummy to mummy. The help and support I received from mws & lactation consultants afterwards was a lot more helpful. Breastfeeding for most people is hard for the first few weeks, that's ok and completely normal but I felt like a failure when he wouldn't latch straight away when doing what I thought was exactly what I learnt from the classes. There's also a range of positions to hold a baby which may work out better in the early weeks. In my case big boobs & baby with a particularly tiny mouth & tongue tie (we later learnt) meant the rugby ball hold was required. Changed our world learning that one!

At the birthing class I went to they touched on breast feeding and she really pushed the football hold too! She said it was the best hold for a new mom because you can see baby's mouth and control the head.

I just had a breastfeeding class yesterday, and while I thought it might have been a waste of time in the beginning I'm super glad I went! The class I took was informative about all different techniques and made sure to stress that not every woman is comfortable using the same technique and not all women will get it right away.

It's not quite sinking in for me yet. Sometimes it hits me and I freak out a little, but usually it feels like something that will never come.

Anyone else exhausted?? I have zero energy and even the simplest tasks seem to use up any energy I have. I'm also feeling huge and have definitely started to waddle a bit. My lower back is starting to really hurt. I'm not looking forward to these next 9 weeks as I hear it only gets worse.

I am still in complete denial about everything, even when he's moving and kicking like crazy I'm just like yep this is what my body does now:wacko:
I just think cause I've been pregnant sooo long it seems like it's never going to happen. I still need to wash his stuff and buy everything for my hospital bag, 37 days and counting...

exhausted over here! And it doesn't help that I slept with the fan in my face the other night and ended up with some kind of head cold! Ick!

When does everyone plan on installing carseats? Hubby seems to think it will take 2 seconds and doesn't see the point in installing it early. I believe otherwise!

exhausted over here! And it doesn't help that I slept with the fan in my face the other night and ended up with some kind of head cold! Ick!

When does everyone plan on installing carseats? Hubby seems to think it will take 2 seconds and doesn't see the point in installing it early. I believe otherwise!

We finally got ours out of the box today and will be installing it possibly next week sometime and then taking the car to the fire station to make sure it's done properly!

We won't be installing the car seat for probably another 5 weeks unless baby comes earlier. We have to move our daughters car seat and it's more inconvenient once it's moved so we are leaving it as late as possible. We've both installed car seats quite a few times so it won't take too long to get it done.

Baby was really going nuts earlier at my in laws house. We go there on Sundays for dinner and after dinner, he was kicking and moving around a lot. I've been on the go pretty much all weekend so I didn't feel a lot of the really big movements over the last couple of days. He was still moving, but it was a lot smaller movements which is normal on days where I am busy.

I'm not exhausted just yet tho I do feel I'm running on a bit of adrenaline right now. I'm trying to get to bed early when I can and sleep in right up until I absolutely need to get up for work and even taking a 20 min nap in the afternoon because I have this constant feeling of needing to do some thing.

My allergies are kicking my butt today I helped a friend move....well I should say I hung out with her while she loaded my SUV with her things so she didn't have to make a million trips but she has a cat and I have allergies to cats so I'm all stuffy right now and that combined with this feeling out of breathe is not a good combination.

I've decided I'm def signing up for a breastfeeding class. I bought a nursing bra today and then got on this thread and it never dawned on me that I might actually go up a size so maybe I'll return it while I still can for something more giving.

I would have loved to have the car seat installed already as the one we has has this fancy base that need to be hooked somewhere in the car and guess who has no clue how to install it.....you guessed it...me. I wouldn't love to get it out of her bedroom so I can have some more room but I helped my friend today so there was no sense in rushing to install just to take it out for the day. That will be on my list of things to do this week and I'm def taking it to the police station so they can inspect it bc there is just way too many options, buckles and crap on this thing to trust myself lol

33 weeks today :) eeek not long to go now!

I had Braxton hicks last night so bad they woke me up :( thought I was going into labour but after an hour it all went away again!

32 Weeks today, and about to head in to our local urgent care because I am pretty sure I have a sinus infection,:(

32 Weeks today, and about to head in to our local urgent care because I am pretty sure I have a sinus infection,:(

Aww man newlywed that sucks, I hope they're able to give you something to make you feel better and you get better soon.

Kiki-happy 33 weeks. Glad the BH calmed down.

Newlywed-happy 32 weeks. Get well soon :flower: try take it easy when your get back from urgent care.

Starbrites-happy 35 weeks!!

And happy new week to anyone else who's moved weeks today! :)

Still hasn't sunk in for me yet! I see babies and I think about how I will have another in less than 6 weeks and for some reason it just doesn't seem real at all. I don't know that it ever will until he is actually in my arms. But I am so excited because this last week we finally got the carpet put in, baseboards put in (well my moms husband did them for us!), crib set up, dresser put in, I washed all the clothes and sheets and blankets and sorted and put everything away, and it finally looks like an actual nursery! We still need a few small things like new blinds but overall it's like 80% done and it feels so good.

We will not be installing the car seat until the day before we go in for my c-section, because like rbourre said, dd's carseat is currently in the middle on the back seats and I don't want to move that one until it's absolutely necessary. It really does only take a couple minutes to put in the base. If I happen to go into labor sooner, we'll just throw the base in the trunk and DH will install it later when it's about time to go home.

I mostly packed our hospital bags today and an overnight bag for my daughter to stay at my in laws. I have to add snacks, a camera (which I am hoping to get a new one before then), comfy pants and a couple more shirts closer to the date but I will have to wear them before then. My daughters bag still needs a bunch of stuff but I can't pack her teddy bears and night light yet because she needs them still. Baby's bag is done though, although I feel like I packed him way too much. I put in warmer clothes and lighter clothes in NB and 0-3 months since we don't know what size he will be in and don't know what the weather will be like.

Well I'm glad I had my hospital bag mostly packed! We got to practice going to the hospital last night. Luckily I stopped contracting on my own, but after 2 hours of consistent 3-4 min appart contractions my midwife told us to come in. Ended up contracting like that for 4 hours! She checked me twice and my cervix never changed (I am 1 cm dilated on the outside, fully closed on the inside) and they eventually stopped. I am so glad to be home and for my lo to still be cooking on the inside!

And it all happened because I was stupid and let myself be guilted into doing more than I should. I married into a go gett em family, they never stop! Lol. So when it was decided at 3 in the afternoon (hottest time of day, it was about 90 degrees) that the whole family was going to go outside and paint a small building I was expected to do it too. And I know I could have begged off, citing the fact that something like this could happen if I over do it, but they would have looked at me like I was just finding an excuse to be lazy. Well I can guarantee that nobody will be asking me to do anything until I deliver now! Not fun, but glad it was a false alarm!

Today is my birthday and I am not feeling 22 at all, I feel fat and pregnant:haha:
Definitely a big difference to my 21st last year..

So glad you're okay kel!

Afm, definitely a sinus infection and I am on a ten day prescription for amoxicillin. Joy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->