*October Bumpkins*2014* 43 Babies Born!

Hey everyone, been MIA this week as I've been training my work replacement. Last day of work tomorrow though! :happydance:

I feel pretty sure my babies will come early haha but you never know. I know some twin moms who made it to 40 weeks!

Sorry to all those with Parent and Inlaw issues. I'm pretty lucky I don't have anyone super overbearing or trying to snatch the babies the moment I push them out. My mom will come visit but will only stay a week and she is coming when DH goes back to work so he and I will have a few weeks just us and the babies (and some day to day visitors I'm sure but no one staying with us). My mil is a sweetheart and is making lots of baby knitted cute things. My only issue is that she and my Fil smoke so I'm edgy about them holding the babies when they come in smelling like cigarettes. But they won't be here constantly so I'm hoping their exposure will be minimal. And hopefully I can express that I don't want them holding them immediately after smoking without insulting them. My mil has been trying to quit so hopefully she won't be too bad. She made me some hats early on that smelled like smoke and I had to wash them etc but last week she brought me 4 baby blankets and they smelled fine so I hope that means she is smoking a lot less if at all.

My in laws smoke too. Whenever she buys us stuff (for the baby or our daughter), I put it right in the wash whether it smells like smoke or not because I know it's been exposed to it. They've tried quitting so many times and my husband has asked them to quit (after my dad passed away, when our daughter was born, etc) but they don't.

I had to buy a new blood pressure monitor tonight. That annoyed me a bit. I borrowed my father in laws monitor when I found out I am pregnant and about a month ago, I knocked it off the table and broke the part that allows the air to go in to inflate the cuff. I glued it back together and it was fine, but then my daughter knocked it off and broke that piece, I glued it again and it snapped off again today. There's only so many times I can glue it back together so I just went and bought a new one. That was $56 that I didn't really want to spend right before rent is due and when my daughters birthday party is this weekend, but the health of my unborn son is very important (obviously) so I sucked it up and bought it. My father in law said he doesn't care if I don't replace it, but I need one because I monitor my bp twice a day.

Wow mamamac, looks like you had a growth spurt lol you look great and glad all is well with the twins. And so glad you'll have your mom and mil to help out. I think if I was having twins I would def want all the help i could get. 2 would be different then one.

Milky, good job on maintaining weight. My ob was very proud of me as well. I'm up I think 7lbs so you did a great job.

Newlywed, that stinks I have allergies to so many things but I think I'm ok with raspberries I might just try that out I heard good things about it on this women's youtube channel and now I keep hearing about it everywhere. Do they well it at the regular grocery store?

Rbourre, I'm glad u sucked it up and bought a new one. Something like that would have drove me nuts. Luckily I haven't had any issues with my bp but given yur situation it's what's best. And the peace of mind is worth it.

On the smoking issue, I have the same concerns with my mother. She cut back on smoking big time but she seriously needs to just quit already and not for me or my baby but for her own health. I don't think she realizes that if she wasn't a smoker I would probably invite her around a lot more but she's all caught up on herself so she doesn't care. Ugh smokers :(

Im almost 36 weeks and haven't done anything. With my dd I had carseat ready, bags packed and crib put together by 32 weeks. Right now I'm so busy with closing on our house, work and my toddler. Ugh I need to get my butt in gear.

Has anyone been drinking raspberry leaf tea?! x

I started drinking it at 14 weeks but I was getting annoying cramps because of my irritable uterus. I plan on starting again around 35 or 36 weeks with EPO. I steep it with frozen berries and let is sit over night and drink it cold.... So tasty.

Nice idea with the berries Krippy! I hear some people can't stand the taste of rlt, so that's a good tip :)

I'm only having one cup of it a day at the moment-read you shouldn't take it if you have had short labours under 3 hours. Will ask my midwife about that before I up my intake. Maybe it's why I had short labours? If so, I'm drinking tons of it!! :haha:

Lovely twin bump mamamac-enjoy your last day at work! :)

Had my 34 week midwife appointment today and baby is behaving herself this time and is head down! She's only measuring one week behind as opposed to two as well so am happy. Blood pressure still on the pre-high end but they didn't seem concerned as urine was clear. I'm getting so excited now!! Can't focus on work!

Mamamac you look great!

Newlywed - I'm sure you will make it to 37 weeks.

That's what I read yo yo! And why I'm only drinking 1 a day. But coincidently the only labor that didn't stall and need intervention was the my fast one where I drank 4 or so cups a day. So I'm really torn on what I should do :/

I just ordered these red raspberry capsules since I don't have a kitchen at the moment and can't make tea. Hopefully they work just as well
https://smile.amazon.com/Natures-Wa...26902&sr=8-3&keywords=raspberry+pregnancy+tea

I've actually just posted about this in wrong place .
Iv got my supply of rasberry tea leaf and gonna start it today .
My first labour was horrendous over 20 hours 21 stitches episiotomie and forceps .

Second when I gad been drinking the tea was 2 hours no for seeps and 1 push

I know which one I'd rather have :) so I'll be upping my intake at 35 weeks to 4 cups a day .

I'm also gonna bounce every day on my ball and do some massaging to my nooooo noo . So I don't tear .

Smoking - my step dad quit last year after smoking due to health problems for over 40 years. When my son was born I asked that he did not hold Leo in what he had smoked in. So if he went out for a cig, coat off and wash hands.

Raspberry leaf tea - I seem to remember my midwife saying I could drink it from 37 weeks last time. I will ask my my midwife when I see her for what she recommends.

Jut had 36 week appointment-baby is breech!! :-( I knew he was as I was being kicked low down. Really don't want a c section. Got a scan on Tuesday. Turn baby, turn!

Anyone else breech?

Jut had 36 week appointment-baby is breech!! :-( I knew he was as I was being kicked low down. Really don't want a c section. Got a scan on Tuesday. Turn baby, turn!

Anyone else breech?
Believed to be Transverse at my appointment last week. I'll see again at my growth scan next week.

MamaMac you look great!

On the smoking issue, it is the hardest thing to quit. They say it is harder to stop than heroin. I have smoked on and off since I was 14 and quit when I got pregnant. 8 months later I still think about it everyday :( Anyone who can quit and not go back to it is my hero!

Sorry to hear that yo yo! Hope he turns!

Hope yours turns too CharmedKirsty!

Oh wow, breech Yo-Yo? No fun. But can't believe that you're just about 36 weeks. Hopefully you and CharmedKirsty have your LO's turns on their own.

At my childbirth class they said that putting an cold pack near their head and a warm pack of some kind near your pelvis can encourage them to turn. She also said there was some flashlight thing you can do. There is some site called spinningbabies she suggested (one of the girls had a transverse baby in the class so she was explaining this to us).

Thanks ladies :flower: I have a fear of operations, so I'm going to read up on encouraging turning.

CharmedKirsty-have they offered you an ECV? Where they manually turn baby if still transverse? Think that's what they will offer if the scan confirms it on Tuesday.

Naughty babies!

Naughty little baby YoYo... Bounce on that ball and get on your hands and knees lots. Hopefully the little stinker will turn... Hoping for the best for you.

Yoyo and charmedKirsty - my baby was transverse at 32 weeks then head down at 34 weeks. They told me that for first babies they should be in position by 36 weeks but for 2nd/3rd babies they can turn just before labour at 40 weeks. So bouncing on the ball etc will help I think and it doesn't mean they will stay breech/transverse.

Hope everyones babys turn to be head down!!

I am still getting pains in my hoo-ha (Yeah, that's what I call it :haha: )
They arent sharp pains, more annoying kind of pains than anything, and they are worse and more frequent when I'm up and around, not so bad when I'm sitting. I guess hubby has been telling people that he also doesnt see me making it past 4 more weeks, that's what he told me last night, and that was before I told him about my conversation with my mom (she says 2 to 3 weeks, 4 max, for those who missed it)
Working on getting all my ducks in a row I guess, in case they are right. I have an appointment tuesday. Hubby will be gone tomorrow afternoon through wednesday for 'guys week' at our cabin. I'm nervous as it's hard to get ahold of him when he's there, cell reception is about zilch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->