*October Bumpkins*2014* 43 Babies Born!

One thing I will tell all new moms to pack is UNDERWEAR! I'm not sure if it's the same out of the US but here the hospitals supply these terrible underwear. They aren't even underware they are tericloth looking things! Awful! They also make you wear these huge mondo pads,which I suppose is necessary but I made my husband go out and buy me regular pads.

I did plan to bring underwear, I got some plain cotton undies to pack in there but accidentally bought the wrong size and I feel too embarrassed to return underwear! I'm thinking again just putting in some of my older underwear and buying new stuff for myself for when I'm not longer at risk for ruining them!

I also added pads in my bag, just in case I don't like the ones they provide at the hospital. I've read mixed reviews, so I'm bringing my own just in case.

Why do you think it's going to be you going first?

I think he'll be here within 2 weeks. I've already lost some plug gross! And baby's head is engaged. My BH are getting more frequent. I didn't feel this way with my dd until 39-40 weeks, and she was born at 40 & 2

I lost a nice chunk (ew?) of my mucus plug the other day, that's about the 3rd time I've lost some. Baby is head down too but not engaged that I know of. I get contractions quite often and sharp pains in my cervix.. I wonder if I'm dilated at all!

This week is my first week of being checked for dilation. Anyone else starting this soon? I'm excited to see if there is any change from last week when I was 1.

Wow it would be super scary if I started to loose my plug like you ladies, because after I lost my plug with my first, my water broke about four days later! It's definitely usually a pretty good indicator of things moving along! However I do know some ladies who walk around with no plug and dialated 4 cms, and still are not in active labor! I just don't think my amniotic sac could handle the pressure...

And I totally agree on the pads...the huge diaper one might be good for initial flow but the smaller, normal period ones are MUCH more comfortable. Also travel toiletries is a must for me. Not sure what/if the hospital would even provide. And my ipad too , it can get boring in those places ;)

AshleyLK- I bought loads of travel sized toiletries for my hospital bag. They are really handy as they take up less space in the bag...sing want the hospital think I'm movibg in permanently!

My bags all packed and I bring it with me when I go away for weekends etc along with notes.

Re mucus plug-for me it's no sign of impending labour unless it's got blood in. I've been losing plug for weeks, as I did with last baby and first baby! I won't go stir crazy symptom watching this time (trying to convince myself to not do it!)

Anyone having trouble sleeping? My mind is super active these days at night and it's annoying.

I've got the exact opposite of trouble sleeping! I'm so tired all the time, and don't do well if I don't take at least an hour nap sometime in the afternoon. The only issues I am having with sleeping lately is getting up to pee so many times through the night, and waking up on my back and being extremely uncomfortable - which usually results in a trip to the bathroom.

Yeah I'm sleeping terribly.
I cant nap during the day and when my head hits the pillow at night im not tired anymore. Hubby snores a fair bit and im up peeing all night.
My twins wake me at least twice each during the night still.

Last night I finally got to sleep at 11pm and woke up thinking it was 5am got ready to get up and looked at the clock and it was only 12:20am then I couldn't get back to sleep and when I did I kept having nightmares and waking.

As for plug with my first and second I lost the whole lot and it was blood streaked and labour started within a day.
with my twins I lost parts of it from early on but it was never blood streaked and was never as much as before labour the other times and nothing ever happened.

Uuurghh Braxton hicks were bad again last night . . . So tired now :(

I have a very awake baby and a case of stabby vagina pains with each fetal movement.. along with some restless legs. Uggh. Seriously though, I've had this sharp stabbing feeling in my vagina since early 2nd trimester but I swear it feels like it's my cervix dilating, even though it really only happens with fetal movement, so it must just be her hitting it. Idk. It's very unpleasant though.

I also have started getting very bad mid-lower back and hip/pelvic pain. It feels like I pulled all the muscles in my back and my bones/joints are sore. I had my boyfriend give me a massage yesterday and he said the right side of my ribcage in the back has a spot that sticks out further than the rest and when he touched that area it was the sorest spot. Wonder what it is? I've thought about going to a chiropractor since I already have a misaligned back and I wanted to get my pelvis in place, and I asked my doctor about it awhile back and she said it should be fine but she was worried that it might make baby turn positions and right now she is head-down.

The stabby pains are normal, had it with all mine, from been head butted from the inside ouch! Shouldn't be doing anything to your cervix though in terms of dilation.

I have a very awake baby and a case of stabby vagina pains with each fetal movement.. along with some restless legs. Uggh. Seriously though, I've had this sharp stabbing feeling in my vagina since early 2nd trimester but I swear it feels like it's my cervix dilating, even though it really only happens with fetal movement, so it must just be her hitting it. Idk. It's very unpleasant though.

I get the exact same thing and have for quite some time. I am thinking he's fully engaged now as my baby bump has dropped. I already lost some of the mucus plug weeks ago over the course of a few days but haven't noticed any since. The stabbing pains are definitely uncomfortable. I just hope the little guy sticks it out in there at least 2-3 more weeks!!!! I don't even have a hospital bag packed yet and none of his clothing is washed. So that would be very interesting to have to go to the hospital in a hurry. :haha:

Baby emersyn gave mommy a big scare this morning. I hardly felt her move and couldn't get her to wake up! Finally as I'm looking up the number for l&d, she gets the hiccups. She's a stubborn one for sure!

Baby emersyn gave mommy a big scare this morning. I hardly felt her move and couldn't get her to wake up! Finally as I'm looking up the number for l&d, she gets the hiccups. She's a stubborn one for sure!

Not to scare you but hiccups don't count toward movement as they are an involuntary function. If you still feel strange or haven't felt her move please call the l & d

Not to scare you but hiccups don't count toward movement as they are an involuntary function. If you still feel strange or haven't felt her move please call the l & d

I felt her feet move as they usually do when she has hiccups.. Does that count?

ETA: She just gave me a few good kicks and isn't hiccuping anymore, now shes rubbing her feet on my ribs like she usually does

This week is my first week of being checked for dilation. Anyone else starting this soon? I'm excited to see if there is any change from last week when I was 1.

Yes, I'm going to be checked on Wednesday for the first time. I also get tested for Group B strep and have another growth/position ultrasound. It's a big day! With both of my other two boys I have went into labor exactly a week after being checked for the first time- so we'll see if that pattern continues. I really hope to get through the 5-6th because that's my son's birthday and sleepover and I need to see that through. Anytime after that- I'm good to go!

Hi ladies, just wanted to update. I went into preterm labor Wednesday evening and had to be ambulances 2hrs to the nearest hospital that could deliver. Luckily, they were able to slow the contractions down. They gave me nifedipine to stop the contractions, but couldn't keep giving it because my bp was too low. I got 2 shots of steroids for baby's lungs and got to 3cm dilated and am still there. I have to stay in this city until baby comes so it kind of sucks. I just hope baby stays in a bit longer.

Hi ladies, just wanted to update. I went into preterm labor Wednesday evening and had to be ambulances 2hrs to the nearest hospital that could deliver. Luckily, they were able to slow the contractions down. They gave me nifedipine to stop the contractions, but couldn't keep giving it because my bp was too low. I got 2 shots of steroids for baby's lungs and got to 3cm dilated and am still there. I have to stay in this city until baby comes so it kind of sucks. I just hope baby stays in a bit longer.

I'm glad they got the contractions to slow down! Hopefully baby stays in there and makes it full term! Good luck!! :hugs:

I felt her feet move as they usually do when she has hiccups.. Does that count?

ETA: She just gave me a few good kicks and isn't hiccuping anymore, now shes rubbing her feet on my ribs like she usually does

Glad to hear she is moving again... These little stinker can give us a scare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->