*October Bumpkins*2014* 43 Babies Born!

I was looking at breast, pads earlier and was overwhelmed by the choices. What are everyones favorites?

I actually got the reusable ones. I didn't like the disposable b/c for me I thought they had a funny smell and I swore that you could hear them crinkle.
Unlike others, I leaked for a while but I am a LARGE milk producer. I was able to donate about 2000mls I had made so much. I used pads for atleast 6 months after her birth b/c anytime I saw a baby when out or would hear a baby cry I would start leaking. :haha:

Hopettc - I hope that things are going well and the LO is staying put.

We have been really busy this weekend. We sent out 3 year old daughter to grandma and pas house Saturday - sunday afternoon so I was able to really work through the nursery - get his bag packed, get most of my bag packed and my daughters. My hubby worked on our loft and some repairs and painting that needed done.

I too think this baby might come early. 34 weeks today - my daughter came at 38 and with all the extra fluid that I have and contractions showing during the NSTs I just hope that I make it to 37 weeks. I really want to get the car seats in today as well (we are off for Labor day) but we will see if my hubby can get it all done.

:happydance: almost there ladies.

hopettc - glad they were able to stop labor! Sounds like you are in good hands and hope LO cooks for a few more weeks!

Baby3onboard - I believe that Joshua is a Biblical name. My FIL gave most of his children Biblical names and one of my younger BIL's is named Joshua Gideon, so he got a double Biblical name, lol. But I say, if the name doesn't sound or feel right.... change it! It's your baby's name, who cares what other people will say? :flower:

Re breast pads: I use the reusable ones for the most part but will keep disposables on hand if out and about for a long time. I wouldn't say I am a large producer, but I definitely produce quite a bit.

Can't believe it is September already! It is my Daddy's birthday tomorrow, he would have been 59 this year. :cry: Then I will be 34 weeks on Wednesday! :happydance: Cannot believe it will be just a little over a month before we meet our little ones, some of us sooner! My DH thinks I will end up having the baby before his birthday (Oct. 2nd) and I will be 38+1 on his birthday. As long as I make it to "full term" I will be a happy mama!

Some friends of mine asked me to do a pregnancy comparison with pics from all 3 of my pregnancies they could take gender guesses. Just thought I would share! Feel free to venture any gender guesses of your own!

Attachments

• comparison collage.jpg
    comparison collage.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 14
It looks like your last bump but hard to say for sure as your first is face on :) I keep doing this though with mine to have a guess but all three as different really ha ha. Everyone thought my last was a boy cause although all at front every time it was rounder (prob cause she was bigger) but despite her being a tom boy she's def got girly bits ha ha.

It looks like your last bump but hard to say for sure as your first is face on :) I keep doing this though with mine to have a guess but all three as different really ha ha. Everyone thought my last was a boy cause although all at front every time it was rounder (prob cause she was bigger) but despite her being a tom boy she's def got girly bits ha ha.

Yeah, I didn't get a chance to take a lot of pics in my first pregnancy.. was kinda hectic. We moved twice, plus I didn't really start showing until I was really far long. As for myself I feel like I am carrying the way I did with my daughter.. but who knows?! lol

Time will tell :) very exiting to know that soon enough we'll know what's between those kicky legs in there!! I hardly got any pics from my first too :-(
Turned down my (unnecessary) growth scan today and got mw round next Monday!! Really envy you going totally unassisted! Hubby wouldn't go for that, he's too flappy about pregnancy and birth!! Urgh!

I don't know how you actually go totally unassisted. I would be a nervous wreck the whole time! I am not that strong or sure mentally to be able to do that. I have mega respect for those that do!

Also la mere, your bump I think looks more like your second one. But again, it's hard to tell with your first picture of you sitting down.

I've got so much cleaning to do, but no motivation to do it at all! I tell myself every day, "okay today is the day I'm cleaning!" And then the end of the day comes and I've done nothing. So far today I've cleaned up the living room some. I guess that's better than nothing!

I also ordered a video camera yesterday, it was a really awesome deal. We got it for $120 usually it's around $300. It is a factory reconditioned, but I'm not worried about that. I'm happy to just have a video camera. I love that I have tons of video of me as a kid, and I feel sad for kids now days that wont have that since most videos parents do now are small clips with their phones.

Time will tell :) very exiting to know that soon enough we'll know what's between those kicky legs in there!! I hardly got any pics from my first too :-(
Turned down my (unnecessary) growth scan today and got mw round next Monday!! Really envy you going totally unassisted! Hubby wouldn't go for that, he's too flappy about pregnancy and birth!! Urgh!

I know, it's getting down to the wire now! :haha: It makes me a little sad about not having as many pics from when I was pregnant with my daughter as with my son and even this baby.

I always kinda envied the others I met on here who went unassisted after I had my daughter. I had to give them props though, lol. It really is an amazing experience!

I don't know how you actually go totally unassisted. I would be a nervous wreck the whole time! I am not that strong or sure mentally to be able to do that. I have mega respect for those that do!

Also la mere, your bump I think looks more like your second one. But again, it's hard to tell with your first picture of you sitting down.

I know, it's terrible... I hate that those are the only "good" pics I have of when I was pregnant with my daughter.

It was a lot more nerve wreaking for me with my son as I had a midwife my first pregnancy. But with everything I learned from both of the midwives I had, all the reading I did and did refresher courses with, having a doppler and knowing what all my levels should be, helped me to stay pretty calm until labor, lol. I kept telling DH "I can't do this, I can't do this.." and he's like "You don't really have a choice." lol Wasn't funny at the time, but looking back I can't believe that I didn't have more faith in myself. This pregnancy was the easiest so far out of the three. I've been more laid back, not over doing the prenatal checks or overly stressing about labor and birth. I'm really looking forward to having DH catch the baby again. I am hoping to have our best friends here while I am in labor, not only to watch my older two if they are awake... but one of them was a medic when he was in the service.. so it would be kinda nice to have him here, too. :haha:

33 week bump picture compared to the beginning. So fun!

Attachments

• 10603506_10152244563046924_4258210706474798006_n.jpg
    10603506_10152244563046924_4258210706474798006_n.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 8
Dr apt tomorrow, lots of random contractions today, dr wants to check me yikes. Fingers crossed baby doesn't come yet, I'm not ready!

Good luck jcliff, keep us posted.

I love the bump pics- it is so fun to see how we all have progressed.

Went to dinner at my mom and dads. Mom is recovering as well as good be expected from 2 broken ankles. It makes me a little nervous because I was having contractions and then when I went to the bathroom (sorry TMI) my panties were wet. Not like a little wet but the whole front half were soaking. We were sitting outside though so maybe sweat? We have a 30 min drive home and I am going to shower and change and see if it happens again. Contractions have also stopped. Makes me so nervous bc with my daughter I had a slow leak for probably 2-3 days before I went in. They said bc of all the fluid I have this time I likely won't "leak" and I will know bc of the "flood" but still makes me nervous.

I hope everyone has a great day tomorrow and a speedy week. Eeck we are getting close.

GL tomorrow jcliff. I don't have another appt until sept 9th and I don't know why it feels like forever away. Maybe bc I had some bh tightens on Saturday after walking for awhile and have been having some sharp pains in my cervix so I kind of feel like something is happening maybe just super slow. I'm getting kind of anxious to be checked.

I'm surprised so many of you have lost some of your plug already. I haven't lost anything at all which I suppose is a very good thing ?

I've had such a hard time sleeping lately but I'm sooooo tired it's killing me. Sat night I just could not fall asleep I was so tired and just about to fall asleep and dh turned the light off and it woke me right up and then I just laid there for maybe an hour running every single thing I've ever worried about in my life thru my head lol and then I was up super early. I managed to make it through the day but couldn't fall asleep until 130 am Sunday night..technically Monday morning and once again I was up early. By 1:30 in the afternoon tho I was physically sick and sooo tired I ate a grilled cheese sandwich for lunch and laid down and slept for almost 3 hours and I feel like I needed that so bad. The heat was just rediculously exhausting this weekend. It was so humid especially today ...for the first time all summer I was miserable. And I had to tell dh like 3 times to take me home NOW because I was soooo miserable. Once I was in the air I was fine...I've never felt that way from just being hot it was horrible and I've been in the deserts of Nevada in record breaking heat of 120 degrees before and that was nothing compared to how I felt today and I think I was only 97 degrees. I felt like such a wuss.

It took me awhile to catch up on the posts so if I missed a bunch, sorry. I'll catch up more tomorrow. I'm off the try to get bed at a reasonable time so I'm not struggling at work tomorrow. I have a feel the next couple of weeks are going to be rough.

Good luck for tomorrow Jcliff, hope baby stays put a little longer for you:flower:

Sprite I haven't lost any of my plug either, I get little tiny bits of it that just looks like a tiny ball of snot sometimes but that's it.

36 weeks today and I'm starting to freak out a little, I've still go sooo much to do..

I went shopping for a soft white towel for wiping down baby after the birth tonight! I mean its just a towel and in the hospital you dont think about it cos they have them but it was such a big deal choosing one!
There were so many of them and I just stood there like omg for ages.
Next week ill be getting a couple of tarpaulins.
Cant believe how close its getting.

We bought a new car yesterday...a Ford Explorer. So now we can install our car seat. Where is the best place to put it? Drivers side? Passenger side?

We bought a new car yesterday...a Ford Explorer. So now we can install our car seat. Where is the best place to put it? Drivers side? Passenger side?

As far as I knew with infants it is safest to be in the middle.

Does anyone else feel like their pubic bone has just been in a boxing match with Mike Tyson? I haven't lost any of my plug either. I have another utlrasound on Sept. 10th to check the fluid around his testes. Hoping it's nothing major and will clear up on it's own.

Geralyn-- Safest place is in the backseat middle.

Ha ha cntrygirl-great description with Mike Tyson comment! :) yes-the kicks are pretty strong and can be painful if they hit certain areas! Good luck with your next scan.

Jcliff-good luck at the doctors. Stay put a week or so more baby!!

Just got back from my scan-baby has turned from breech!! :happydance: he is now head down, fully engaged and really low! The lady scanning me even showed me his bits! Yep-definitely a boy! My eldest was amused! :)

Starting up the raspberry leaf tea again.

As far as I knew with infants it is safest to be in the middle.

Yup, middle. If you can't install in the middle, install on drivers side. There's a Facebook group called carseats for the Littles" you guys should check out! So informative!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->