*October Bumpkins*2014* 43 Babies Born!

Hi ladies, just wanted to update. I went into preterm labor Wednesday evening and had to be ambulances 2hrs to the nearest hospital that could deliver. Luckily, they were able to slow the contractions down. They gave me nifedipine to stop the contractions, but couldn't keep giving it because my bp was too low. I got 2 shots of steroids for baby's lungs and got to 3cm dilated and am still there. I have to stay in this city until baby comes so it kind of sucks. I just hope baby stays in a bit longer.

Hope baby cooks a bit longer for you... Sounds like you are in good hands!

Hi ladies, just wanted to update. I went into preterm labor Wednesday evening and had to be ambulances 2hrs to the nearest hospital that could deliver. Luckily, they were able to slow the contractions down. They gave me nifedipine to stop the contractions, but couldn't keep giving it because my bp was too low. I got 2 shots of steroids for baby's lungs and got to 3cm dilated and am still there. I have to stay in this city until baby comes so it kind of sucks. I just hope baby stays in a bit longer.

Oh how scary! Glad they were able to stop it. Hope baby stays put awhile longer! :hugs:

Glad they managed to stop labour, how scary. Hope baby stays put a few more weeks :flower:

Newlywed I had a similar thing happen last weekend, I was also just about to call L&d when he started moving about.

Hopettc I hope your baby stays in there as long as possible!

I spoke too soon about sleeping just fine! Last night was awful! And it's caused me to wake up in the worst mood ever! I warned my husband that I'm extra bitchy and for him to not take it personally, that it's not him but everything with a pulse today. He's been pretty much avoiding me all day, haha. It's really best for both of us!

We got a $30 gift card to Babies R Us at our babyshower so we decided to go today and get some things with it! We got 2 books and I got a little tumbler cup thing to keep next to the bed with water for when I'm breast feeding, and we found a cute little Halloween onesie. I got it in 3 months hoping it won't be too big.. It won't be a big deal though. They had cute little ones with skirts and stuff but we decided to get this one for daddy :)

Attachments

• aa.jpg
    aa.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 5
hopettc3 - Good luck! Hopefully LO stays put a little while longer!

oh no! stay in there, baby!!!! glad they were able to stop the contractions - hope baby stays in until term

Baby emersyn gave mommy a big scare this morning. I hardly felt her move and couldn't get her to wake up! Finally as I'm looking up the number for l&d, she gets the hiccups. She's a stubborn one for sure!

i actually went in last week because couldn't feel one of the babies - was hooked up to the fetal monitors for a good 20 minutes before i felt Abigail move. felt like an idiot going in when everything was fine, but now i'm preregistered and won't have to answer all those questions during labor! :)

In a few more hours, it will be September, which means we can start saying WE'RE DUE NEXT MONTH!!! :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: Happy September, ladies!!

I'm due this month yikes. I packed my bag today and put in car seat. I have dr apt on Thursday. I was dialated at 2cm two weeks ago. Crazy.

Ok, ladies.... need your opinion. We've had the name Joshua Colton picked out for months now for ds3. However, here the last few days I've gotten the feeling it just wasn't "right." I can't really put my finger on what the problem is, just don't know if it's the name I really want for my baby. With ds1 and ds2 we picked the names and were set on them, no second thoughts. This one is different. We've told everyone this name and I hate the thought of retelling everyone, but it's my baby and I want his name to be perfect. Also, both my other boys have biblical names (Noah and Eli) which wasn't really on purpose, but now feel that this boy should have one too and then I think that's stupid..... so I don't know. Just needing your feedback. Hubby says we can pick out a few other names we like and see what we decide when he's born. However, there are people who are getting things monogrammed/personalized and now they will have to be changed. AAAHHHH!

Ok, ladies.... need your opinion. We've had the name Joshua Colton picked out for months now for ds3. However, here the last few days I've gotten the feeling it just wasn't "right." I can't really put my finger on what the problem is, just don't know if it's the name I really want for my baby. With ds1 and ds2 we picked the names and were set on them, no second thoughts. This one is different. We've told everyone this name and I hate the thought of retelling everyone, but it's my baby and I want his name to be perfect. Also, both my other boys have biblical names (Noah and Eli) which wasn't really on purpose, but now feel that this boy should have one too and then I think that's stupid..... so I don't know. Just needing your feedback. Hubby says we can pick out a few other names we like and see what we decide when he's born. However, there are people who are getting things monogrammed/personalized and now they will have to be changed. AAAHHHH!

With my ds we had Caleb picked out until about 30 weeks and we decided to change it to Jacob. Only difference is we don't tell the name to other people.
I say change it if you need to, people will just have to deal!

I say do what feels right and don't worry about having all ready told people. As far as wanting a biblical name to match your other sons...Joshua is a biblical name

I say do what feels right and don't worry about having all ready told people. As far as wanting a biblical name to match your other sons...Joshua is a biblical name

Agreed! Do what feels right. My sister and her husband had a name picked for their son. Then literally, the day he was born, she took one look at him and said, "That's not his name." Lol he went nameless for the first day of his life because they couldn't agree on a new name.

Joshua is a great name! Even if you call him Colton, you still have the Biblical aspect. We actually chose Joshua as this baby's first name (he will go by his middle, though.) We chose it mainly because Joshua is such a cool Biblical character. : ) But if it isn't your little guy's name, it just isn't! Go with your gut.

I was looking at breast, pads earlier and was overwhelmed by the choices. What are everyones favorites?

I just used lansinol brand disposibles for the first two weeks, after that my body adjusted to her needs and I no longer leaked and needed them. I think that is what happens for most women so hopefully you won't have to buy more than a box or two to begin with :) So if you don't love them, it's just a minor inconvience for a short period of time

I was looking at breast, pads earlier and was overwhelmed by the choices. What are everyones favorites?

https://www.toysrus.com/product/ind...romRegistryNumber=53498780&product_skn=217306

This is the brand I got, they're super soft! And the best thing is they're washable, so it's really just a one time cost. They're super tiny so throwing them in the wash with baby clothes should be easy, and not cause any extra inconvenience.

As for the name changing thing, I say go with whatever you're comfortable with. If you've suddenly decided that Joshua isn't right for you, then it isn't! You have the right to decide that all the way up to the day baby is born. My name was going to be Jessica all the way until the day I was born, there was no other option. Then when my parents saw me they decided it wasn't right and picked Tabatha instead. Sure, it was confusing for people, but it didn't matter.

Hopettc3- hope baby stays in there for a good few more weeks, sounds like you're in safe hands:flower:

Baby3onboard- We are 90% sure on the name Leo but I've said to everyone he doesn't have a name as we are waiting to see what he looks like :)

It's September which means I can finally say I'M DUE THIS MONTH!!:dance::happydance:
I better get myself in gear!

34 weeks today :D

And it's September too so starting to feel very real now so exciting :)

Can't believe we can say we are due next month! (Or this month for some!!) we're all getting so close now. Getting the last bits and pieces all organised this week and that's us all done. Dh's birthday is a week before baby due so I want to get his presents organised soon incase baby comes early and I don't get a chance. Not that he would mind and would obviously understand but I think the kids would be upset if they had nothing to give him on his birthday lol

Hopettc hope baby stays put a bit longer, at least you're in good hands :hugs:

I just use the target brand. They do what they need to do!

33 weeks today!

Got woken up in the middle of the night with a bh contraction, a really strong one too. Thats the first time that's happened. I hate that all this crap is happening when my husband isn't home! He'll be back tomorrow, thank goodness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->