*October Bumpkins*2014* 43 Babies Born!

Ha ha cntrygirl-great description with Mike Tyson comment! :) yes-the kicks are pretty strong and can be painful if they hit certain areas! Good luck with your next scan.

Jcliff-good luck at the doctors. Stay put a week or so more baby!!

Just got back from my scan-baby has turned from breech!! :happydance: he is now head down, fully engaged and really low! The lady scanning me even showed me his bits! Yep-definitely a boy! My eldest was amused! :)

Starting up the raspberry leaf tea again.

If he's fully engaged maybe the mw got it wrong? When I was in labour the mw had a feel and asked if she could do an internal and turned out cause her head was fully in you can mistake the shoulders for a bum?!?!? But either way glad he's in the right position :)

Ha ha cntrygirl-great description with Mike Tyson comment! :) yes-the kicks are pretty strong and can be painful if they hit certain areas! Good luck with your next scan.

Just got back from my scan-baby has turned from breech!! :happydance: he is now head down, fully engaged and really low! The lady scanning me even showed me his bits! Yep-definitely a boy! My eldest was amused! :)

I think it's the pressure of him on my pubic bone as he's head down. I've had it where it feels bruised just to touch.

Jcliff hope they stop!

Ashaz hope it's not your waters leaking! Fxd it's just sweat. I know I can sweat so much down there now that my undies get soaked!

Yay yo yo! Glad he has turned for you!

So I hate to admit my dh may be right. Lol. Last night I initiated bd with him, and he like are you sure? Last time we did this we ended up in hospital with contractions. Lol. I had not remembered that we had done that the night before! We ended up doing it, but today I'm a little crampy this am. They tend to get worse in the afternoon, but fxd they don't! I have a dr appt tomorrow, can't wait to see if there is any change.

The lady felt my stomach before the scan and said she couldn't tell by feeling either. She said it's because my stomach muscles are pretty tight...lol I wish :haha:

I thought I felt him turn yesterday, an this morning I got kicks in the ribs do the first time in a few weeks, so I think he was breech-kicks in the cervix hurt so bad! :)

GeralynB-how are you finding your new cat? Exciting! Take a look on the website of the company that made your car seat. You should find a list of where in the car they recommend you fit the car seat for each car. My rear middle seat won't fit mine I found out, so glad I checked.

Kel21-if you go overdue, bd will probably work well for you by the sounds of it. I don't think it will bring it on unless your ready to labour though, so hopefully you'll be ok.

OB appointment today! Officially 36 weeks. It's so crazy that I will have a baby in less than 5 weeks (if I go over-due). My BHs have been more frequent and I'm now getting the BHs that feel like menstrual cramps.

I ordered some third trimester tea. It's from Earth Mama Angel Baby. https://www.earthmamaangelbaby.com/pregnancy/third-trimester-tea.html I hope it helps! I'm also going to buy some of their postpartum bottom spray that you use after going to the bathroom. I've heard a lot of good things about it.

I've started thinking of all the bad things that can go wrong again :/ I thought about it a lot at the beginning then got better. Now I'm worried again. I'm scared something will happen to me or that we will lose her. Uggggh.

My baby turned too :)

OB appointment today! Officially 36 weeks. It's so crazy that I will have a baby in less than 5 weeks (if I go over-due). My BHs have been more frequent and I'm now getting the BHs that feel like menstrual cramps.

I ordered some third trimester tea. It's from Earth Mama Angel Baby. https://www.earthmamaangelbaby.com/pregnancy/third-trimester-tea.html I hope it helps! I'm also going to buy some of their postpartum bottom spray that you use after going to the bathroom. I've heard a lot of good things about it.

I've started thinking of all the bad things that can go wrong again :/ I thought about it a lot at the beginning then got better. Now I'm worried again. I'm scared something will happen to me or that we will lose her. Uggggh.
I got both of these too. I also got the nipple butter. https://www.earthmamaangelbaby.com/breastfeeding-support/natural-nipple-butter.html

Yay for flipping babies!

Yay :happydance:

Yay for flipping babies!

Jcliff I hope everything is okay and baby stays in at least a week longer!

Geralyn how do you like your new car? I love Ford Focus. I bought it nearly 4 years ago without the thought of kids in mind and I want to upgrade eventually to an explorer or edge.

Newlywed, I haven't noticed any blotchy skin on myself.

Yay for those spinning babies!

@Kel, hopefully those contractions slow down for now, but at least you know a way to get things going when it's time!

Yay for spinning babies.

I agree with Elsa, Kel at least you know what to try when baby is ready. Dh and I have been on pelvic rest for our pregnancy and it is really getting to me now. We weren't 100% with it all long so we did do stuff so it's not like either one of us is completely deprived but I noticed now that he doesn't want to be affectionate at all???like ever. No cuddling no spooning no kissing no hand holding and I'm like wtf? I finally said something about it to him and of course he says that's not true but it is. I tried to cuddle with him last night and it gets sexual right away which I couldn't even enjoy sex right now even if I wanted to ...for me to get into any other position besides laying on my side is just a joke, so I'm trying to explain to him that I need affection not sex but I don't think he gets it.

In here to say hi to all you ladies. I definitely missed all great discussions in the last 20 pages but hope everyone is doing good and holding tight, not popping babies yet.

Had my maternity photoshoot last week. Waiting for the processed pictures which apparently take 10 more days. I have my shower on the 14th so... I'm too busy organising and decorating my house for the same.

I think I had a drop recently coz the baby is not into my lungs anymore and I can breathe comfortably. While that is a bit comfortable, the thought of baby's head deeper in the pelvis gives me an uneasy feeling!

September is here... and it could be anytime now for many of us... so Wishing all of you a very stress free and safe delivery of healthy and happy babies! :)

Had my 34 week appointment today! Bp was 98/60 which is awesome and urine is all clear and good. The only thing is that the baby is still measuring a week behind based on fundal height. At my 31 week ultrasound he was in the 15th percentile so I'm really hoping there's nothing wrong! Will have another u/s at 36 weeks to see how he's grown over the last month.

I asked what would happen if they found out he was too small, and she said that the guidelines have changed a bit - they would only intervene or want him to come out earlier if he was below the 5th percentile AND also having blood flow restrictions to/from the placenta. Otherwise they'd just still keep him in until my c-section date. My dr said it's really unlikely and she's not that concerned so I shouldn't worry about it.

Other than that I've gained 1 1/2 pounds since my last appointment which puts me at 170 :-\ didn't like seeing that number on the scale this morning! I've gained like 21 pounds total so I guess that's not too bad, it just looks scary lol.

I've got my hospital bag and diaper bag packed, car seat is ready, nursery is about 80% done - we've just got to get blinds for the window and a few other small things and it will be done!

Going to a big baby/kid consignment event tonight with my mom to try to stock up on more clothes for when he's older - I have a ton of newborn through 3 months stuff but not much else, so hoping to get some good deals on winter and spring clothes. Last time I went to an event like this I got like 30 onesies for $40! It's pretty fun.

I really can't believe I'm 34 weeks, will be 35 on Friday. I never thought I'd make it this far, and my dr even said today it looks like you're going full term! Because even if my bp started to rise at this point, or I started showing protein in my urine they'd still be able to keep him in for a few weeks while we try to manage it. So amazing. I had my dd at 30 weeks due to severe pre-eclampsia, so I hope that I can be some encouragement to other women who are nervous about having another child after something traumatic like that!

Thanks ladies :) I ended up taking a 2 hour nap and they stopped!

Yay for flipping babies!

Jcliff I hope everything is okay and baby stays in at least a week longer!

Geralyn how do you like your new car? I love Ford Focus. I bought it nearly 4 years ago without the thought of kids in mind and I want to upgrade eventually to an explorer or edge.

Newlywed, I haven't noticed any blotchy skin on myself.

I know ur question was directed to geralyn but I thought that I would comment because dh had an explorer when I met him and I swear once you have an SUV you'll never want a little car again. When it was time to replace the explorer we hunted and hunted for a comparable vehicle with a 3rd row and we couldn't justify the cost of the new explorer so we ended up with a saturn outlook, they are very similar anyway but we just love it. We did purchase this vehicle with the intentions of it being our family vehicle, it just took us a lot longer to get pregnant then we thought it would so we've have it a good 2 +years already. We've got plenty of use out of the 3rd row since we have a combined 9 nieces and nephews and it's nice when you go somewhere you don't have to take 2 vehicles just to fit everyone so that's how I justify the gas costs to myself. I only get like 16 in the city and 22-24 on the highway but if we had to take 2 cars we'd spent way more in gas plus your all together. We got the 8 passenger version with the 2nd row bucket seat and my fil gave me such grief when we bought it...his first comment was why do u need all those seats for you don't even have kids and oh course I wasn't going to be like uh well I intend to have kids so I just let him be mean about it but he later apologized when we took our family vacation and we fit all 8 ppl In Comfortably and saved him almost $400 in gas money.

We also considered getting a minivan but for the same gas and around the same price I just like being a little higher.

And I parallel park it on a narrow street so it's not really horribly big,...you do get used to it.

Sprite, any opinion on the car is very much welcomed! The third row seating is why I would want the explorer over the edge. Plus, yeah the extra height! I get so irritated not being able to see around me, even when there's just one other normal sized car in front of me. It's even worse when it's a van or something bigger! And I'm not entirely too concerned about gas prices, I don't really do a lot of driving as it is. With my focus, I could go a month without needing to get gas. Sure - the gas mileage is nearly double, but having to get gas twice a month vs one wouldn't hurt us! I wish I could go get it now, but I really don't see the need as long as my current car is running so well, and will comfortably fit one baby.

Do they still make Saturn vehicles? I thought they went out of business..... You can't find any dealerships around here anyways.

Yeah we weren't too concerned with the gas prices either as I work from home and dh can walk to work right now so it's basically our traveling vehicle and weekend driving around.

No they don't make saturns anymore but it's the equal to the gmc Acadia and I think dh said that the chevy traverse and Buick enclave also has the same frame but we just take it to the gmc dealer for servicing and luckily we have not had one single issue with it. But we prob got such a good deal on it bc it's not made anymore but I don't care, I love it. There was a recall on something a couple months back and every single person we knew was like omg did you get your recall information yadda yadda yadda but it didn't effect the year we have so no issues. We have a 2007 and no one ever believes me they always assume it's a 2010 or newer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->