*October Bumpkins*2014* 43 Babies Born!

My stroller was delivered today…so exciting! We got the Uppa Baby Vista. https://www.amazon.com/UPPAbaby-011...qid=1409762382&sr=1-1&keywords=uppababy+vista

We're on week 2 of the kitchen reno and it's driving me nuts that the house is so messy and full of dust from the construction. I'm in total nesting mode and want everything clean and organized. I'm estimating that they still have another 2 weeks until everything is completed and then I can go on a cleaning frenzy.

Ugh my feet have ballooned today - they were fine yesterday and now they look like balloons with toes and it's creeping up to my ankles. I was worried about pre-eclampsia so called the day assessment unit and they just advised me to sit with my feet elevated but it doesn't seem to be helping. I have had fairly high blood pressure at 28/29 weeks although it went down last week at the 34 week appointment. Can't stop worrying and theyre really uncomfortable to stand on!

Hope everyone else is ok and we all make it to 37 weeks.

Geralyn - fingers crossed the work will be finished in 2 weeks! My extension is due to be finished about a week after my due date so I'm banking on a late baby haha!

Pretty soon we'll be hearing about the arrivals of our little ones.

Yesterday and today I'm having soreness when I walk in my pelvis...like where my legs meet my body. Could LO be engaging already?? It's painful to walk

Sounds like spd, I've had that on one side for 2/3 months now, and now more recently on both sides. It's worse if I've been walking a lot or been busy round the house. I can hardly walk when I get up after resting :-(

I'm getting excited. I just got the notification that my new camera was delivered at my dh's job this afternoon and I'm counting down to being finished with work today as I'm going to a consignment event tonight and it's supposed to be huge.

Had my 2nd GTT today and a follow up scan to check fluid around baby and all has gone back to normal which is a weight off my mind :D
Went to the midwife after and he is 2/5 engaged, told her about the painful braxton hicks I've been getting and she said all good signs. I'm still measuring 4 weeks ahead and when she felt my stomach she said there felt like there was quite a bit of water and that if it's the same next time she'll have to refer me back to hospital as per policy and we'll go from there.

34 weeks today! Prenatal check was good. BP was 100/65. Weight was 129.6. Fundal height is 34.25 cm (so we'll just call it 34.5 cm) Baby's HB was 148. Started taking my birth tincture, need to make some RRLT and use my Epi-no. Dh and I started up the name convo again last night... I get that he wants to go alphabetically (Our older children's names start with an R and an S) but trying to find a name that starts with T that we both like is going to be a bit hard I think. I have a ton of other names that I like... still stuck on the name Paige... :haha: but won't know for sure until we meet baby if it fits or not.

Had my 35wk appt today. Midwife was running late because of a delivery so it felt a little rushed, but went well. She did the group b strep test and she checked me while she was down there. Still 1cm dilated and very soft. Whatever that means. I guess soft is good cause she said when labor does start it would go fast, so good I guess. Gotta say the exam hurt though! And pretty crampy right now. Ugh.

Just got home from the consignment sale, I must admit they are so much more fun when you actually need stuff. They had everything under the sun there and I got a few small things. I was wanting to look thru the clothing but the area they had the clothes in was no air conditioned and I literally walked in the room and right back out.

I'm coming down with a cold. I took Benadryl today because I had a runny nose and a bit of a headache but once that wore off around 7 pm it felt like full on cold so of course I have to run to the pharmacy and search for something I could take. I settled on NyQuil, bc I felt like I needed an antihistamine bc some of it might be allergies, a cough suppressant and acetaminophen for my headache. Just took that now so I should be ready for bed here very soon. Trying to drink a lot of water right now to help with the congestion.

While I was searching for the list of approved medicines I found my appointments schedule and it said i am supposed to have my 36 week appt with a doctor so I can get the group b test and some other tests and packets and I just realized now that she put me in with a nurse so I'm going to have to call tomorrow and make sure the nurse is able to do all the stuff that is needed.

Glad everyone had such good appointments and I'm excited to see who goes into labor first. And can't wait to see some pics

I weighed myself tonight because I felt like I have grown a lot in the last few days. I've gained 2.5 pounds since my last doctor's appointment 2 weeks ago (my scale said the same as the doctors did). I am only 1 pound over my pre-pregnancy weight and have gained 7 in total (lost 6 right away). My next appointment was supposed to be tomorrow but I had to change it to Monday.

My little girl turns 2 tomorrow. I can't believe it's been 2 years since she was born. It really does go too fast.

Is anyone getting random muscle cramps in random places? I keep getting cramps in my shoulder blades keep cramping up. Sometimes it's one at a time, which is alright cause I'm able to stretch it out! But when it's both at the same time, it's awful!

I weighed myself tonight because I felt like I have grown a lot in the last few days. I've gained 2.5 pounds since my last doctor's appointment 2 weeks ago (my scale said the same as the doctors did). I am only 1 pound over my pre-pregnancy weight and have gained 7 in total (lost 6 right away). My next appointment was supposed to be tomorrow but I had to change it to Monday.

My little girl turns 2 tomorrow. I can't believe it's been 2 years since she was born. It really does go too fast.

It does go fast! My daughter will be two on Oct 8. I just adore this age she's at! I like that she's able to tell me what she wants instead of crying all the time. Oui! That just reminds me how much work babies are! Lol!

I love love love my new midwife! She went through loads of stuff that the previous one didn't! Apparently I should have had a load of information about what I need to think about for my birth plan and discuss it at yesterday's appointment which the previous midwife didn't give me so we went through it a little bit but we will go through it properly at the next appointment. She was brilliant with all the questions I had!

The only concern she has was my fundal height was 2cm behind where it should be but then again I'm not very big to start with! If he hasn't caught up by next appointment I've got to go for a growth scan but I'm not overally concerned as a lot of the babies in the family have been on the smaller side!

Hey everyone,

Been a crazy week! Started my mat leave with a bang by havin seriously high blood pressure! Had to go in to labor and delivery for a non stress test. Babies are fine but my little Brooke was being a booger and took us a good 45 mins to finding keep her heartrate long enough for the test!

They checked my urine and I had slight traces of protein so they did blood work. Luckily no preeclampsia as of yet and my bp went back down but as I've been taking it at home I've noticed it's creeping up and staying higher than normal now. I have a feeling I may get medicated for it at my next visit on Monday. Also I had a slight uti apparently so been on meds for that. I feel like a pharmacy these days!

Good news is the itching is under control...the solution? Coconut oil!! $3 at Walmart and I'm all set! Just been rubbing that on my belly and boobs and it's been like magic!

32 weeks today! Yay! :happydance: 5 weeks away from twin full term!

Anyone having menstral like cramps? I thought they were BHs but everyone says those make your belly contract hard as a rock and this isn't doing that. It just feels like a period about to start. Blah. I hate it. Feel yuck.

Met with my doula again and we're seriously considering declining my epidural. I'm open to it if it's needed or even if I want it, but I don't want to get it just because it's twins and no other real reason. I've been watching natural twin birth videos and reading natural twin birth stories and while they're not easy to find they are out there and they are amazing! Will see how it goes....Brooke likes to not cooperate so she'll prob go breech and need a c section anyway! Haha

Ultrasound Monday! Can't wait!!! :)

I love love love my new midwife! She went through loads of stuff that the previous one didn't! Apparently I should have had a load of information about what I need to think about for my birth plan and discuss it at yesterday's appointment which the previous midwife didn't give me so we went through it a little bit but we will go through it properly at the next appointment. She was brilliant with all the questions I had!

The only concern she has was my fundal height was 2cm behind where it should be but then again I'm not very big to start with! If he hasn't caught up by next appointment I've got to go for a growth scan but I'm not overally concerned as a lot of the babies in the family have been on the smaller side!
I wouldn't worry too much about the fundal height...it's not very accurate.
Hey everyone,

Been a crazy week! Started my mat leave with a bang by havin seriously high blood pressure! Had to go in to labor and delivery for a non stress test. Babies are fine but my little Brooke was being a booger and took us a good 45 mins to finding keep her heartrate long enough for the test!

They checked my urine and I had slight traces of protein so they did blood work. Luckily no preeclampsia as of yet and my bp went back down but as I've been taking it at home I've noticed it's creeping up and staying higher than normal now. I have a feeling I may get medicated for it at my next visit on Monday. Also I had a slight uti apparently so been on meds for that. I feel like a pharmacy these days!

Good news is the itching is under control...the solution? Coconut oil!! $3 at Walmart and I'm all set! Just been rubbing that on my belly and boobs and it's been like magic!

32 weeks today! Yay! :happydance: 5 weeks away from twin full term!

Anyone having menstral like cramps? I thought they were BHs but everyone says those make your belly contract hard as a rock and this isn't doing that. It just feels like a period about to start. Blah. I hate it. Feel yuck.

Met with my doula again and we're seriously considering declining my epidural. I'm open to it if it's needed or even if I want it, but I don't want to get it just because it's twins and no other real reason. I've been watching natural twin birth videos and reading natural twin birth stories and while they're not easy to find they are out there and they are amazing! Will see how it goes....Brooke likes to not cooperate so she'll prob go breech and need a c section anyway! Haha

Ultrasound Monday! Can't wait!!! :)
I'm pretty sure the menstral cramp feeling is BH...that's what I feel

Yup BHs can be felt 2 different ways. Belly hardening and menstrual cramps :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->