*October Bumpkins*2014* 43 Babies Born!

Today I was diagnosed with mild hypothyroidism. I start taking levothyroxine 137mg tomorrow morning. We aren't sure how long it's been going on but I'm trying hard to stay hopeful that everything will be okay with baby Ellie. I keep crying in fear that something bad will happen to her. With being 37 weeks on Sunday that isn't very much time for the medication to start working and fixing my levels. My TSH was 3.13 and my FT4 was 0.81. She is doing a further test to see if I have antithyroid antibodies to see if it's being caused by autoimmune hypothyroidsm (Hashimoto's thyroiditis). They said when I deliver she has to be monitored closely to make sure everything is okay. This is scary to me :(

:hugs: That does sound scary, when they say things like that it sends your mind into overdrive! Has anything else been explained in depth? I don't really know anything about hypothroidism but I hope you get some answers:flower: x

Starbrites-sorry about your diagnosis. Surevnow you have a definite diagnosis, your care will be monitored closely so don't worry about baby :hugs:

I think baby has dropped since I know get less heartburn. I have to say it has been nice even if it's only been a few days. I don't have any of the hip pain. I feel most of mine right in my pubic bone and tail bone.

I'm feeling completely brainless these days. Have no one else to help with the kids near us, so have to carry on no matter how I feel.

Anyway-went to get dd1 from school and stalled it reversing out onto a road, then couldn't find my gears. Parked way away from school as I just wasn't thinking, then knocked someone's wingmirror against outs on way home avoiding a car that pulled out :cry:

I just want to stay at home until baby is here and I get my brain back.

Sorry about the diagnosis StarBrites! At least they are aware now!

Sorry you are having a bad day yoyo!

Today we go to get my husband fixed. He has been super cool about it until last night. We had to shave him and he got knicked a few times, it hurt and now he is dreading it. Poor guy!

Sorry to hear that starbrites, 3.13 doesn't seem that high to me. I was in that range as well when I first got pregnant they put me on 50 mg of ...well now I can't remember the name...but after one month I got horrible headaches so I demanded they test me again and wouldn't you know I was way too low and stopped taking it that day and have my thyroid checked every months and yes, it's creeping back up but still in the 2 range. I'm a firm believer in getting a couple bad results before jumping the gun. Especially after the episode I had. I'll get another lab slip at my appt on Tuesday and I'm interested in seeing if it any higher. But I wish you luck with that thyroid is not fun.

Mamamac, that's exactly how I feel about the whole birth plan even if I'm not having twins. I just think the nurses get in this routine and think they know everything and can foresee how it's going to go. So yes ok your more experienced then I am at the whole born process but I don't want to be pushed with meds and bed bound before I even get a change to see how it goes. I've gotta get my birth plan together before Tuesday and I'm seriously going to basically quote you lol

Well it looks like my thyroid problems are here to stay and aren't just due to pregnancy. My doctor ran a test for anti-thyroid antibodies, I tested positive which means I have some type of thyroid autoimmune issue. My mom and grandmother both have/had thyroid problems and are/were on medication. My mom has Hashimoto's thyroiditis which is most likely the same one I have. It looks like we caught it early though which is good that way I can start feeling back to normal with the thyroid medication.. doctor thinks it's something I will be taking long term from now on. We will retest in 4-6 weeks so see where my levels are. There is now a greater chance Ellie will have thyroid issues but at least now we can get her checked every now and then to keep an eye for it.

It's not the worst thing that can happen, though. I just have to try and keep positive :)

I was given the ergo baby carrier at my baby shower, it was really awesome to get as that was the one I was planning on getting. It is on the more expensive side of things, but they're really highly rated. They can go up to 45 pounds, which is kind of huge! And from what I've read about their reviews they're super comfortable and don't cause a lot of back pain.

Ergos are great! Had one with dd2
:) you have some generous friends and family!

I am very fortunate to be blessed with generous family and friends! They're all amazing...Most of the time!

StarBrites I'm glad they caught it early for you, although late in your pregnancy. Hopefully the medicine will help you feel back to normal soon!

I keep waking up on my back, and it's awful! It hurts so much when I sleep on my back I don't know why my body keeps going that way. Every time I wake up its a struggle to turn to my side cause my hips hurt so much from sleeping on my back.

I also got a birthing ball yesterday, it actually feels really good to sit on it!

I've had enough of being so tired all the time. I go to bed exhausted and it takes forever to fall asleep, then I wake up every 1.5-2 hours to pee. Everything I do makes me tired. I just made banana bread with my 2 year old and I feel like I've been lifting weights, my arms are so tired. Everything I do is so much harder than it was before I was pregnant.

I will be glad when this is over and I can never be pregnant again. I love feeling my son move around and kick, but it's getting uncomfortable. I can't wait to finally meet him next month.

Just ordered my breast pump. I had called insurance a couple weeks ago to check the specifics of where I could order from/what types of pumps were covered, etc. Then when I wen to the doctor on Wednesday, she recommended a different place. I assumed my insurance didn't cover there since they hadn't mentioned it- but after I called the breast pump place two pumps were covered 100%, so they will ship today and I should get tomorrow. I'm getting a Medela. So excited. In the past I've used the ones you can buy at Wal-Mart, and while cheaper- not as good and you end up having to replace too often, so I"m hopeful this one will work well. Today's my ds1 birthday and so after midnight, I'm good to go with having this baby. Me and hubby just might dtd to get things moving along. I'm not really nervous about the labor, only the when is it going to happen? where am I going to be? how is it going to start (water breaking or contractions, I've had both with previous labors). Hubby says I'm like an earthquake, you know it's going to happen, you just don't know when! :)

Mushy-- For whatever reason the birthing ball helps me when I get heartburn also. I either sit indian style or on my knees and lean forward on the ball.

That's really good to know! I have awful heartburn from eating pretty much anything, like ever!

My baby has been the most active he's been this whole time. I've never felt him so much before or as strongly. The strength obviously makes sense, since he's getting bigger but the amount of movement has been nice. He really likes to butt bump my ribs though, which hurts and sometimes makes me yelp out loud.

Jcliff-he's a good size already! :)

Re-heartburn-it's 3am here (yay 37 weeks now!!)
and I have just had to take something for my heartburn! I won't miss this when baby is born.
Always carry something you can take with you if you can. Never heard of the pregnancy ball helping-great idea! Must try it :)

Jcliff-he's a good size already! :)

Re-heartburn-it's 3am here (yay 37 weeks now!!)
and I have just had to take something for my heartburn! I won't miss this when baby is born.
Always carry something you can take with you if you can. Never heard of the pregnancy ball helping-great idea! Must try it :)

Can't sleep? I woke up the other morning at 4AM and couldn't fall back to sleep. My husband ended up cuddling with me two hours later before he got up for work and I fell back to sleep for two hours. It was nice.

As for having something for heartburn with me at all times, I've got that covered! There's tums by my bed, in my kitchen, in my purse and in my car. I always have it!

Ugh I feel your pain. My acid is out of control. I burp and grunt all day at work it's not cute :(

Starbrites - that is scary about the thyroid but it's better to know so they can manage it. Fx for you! I've been watching my bp and the last couple weeks it's been higher...have a feeling I'm going to start being medicated for it after my visit with my ob on Monday. Complications are so frustrating! Especially so close to the end when you just want everything to go smoothly.

Heartburn....I was getting it really bad and my doc prescribed me a med, haven't had heartburn since! It's like a miracle drug! I think I took a tums once since starting it. So if you're really having a hard time maybe ask about a prescription med. too many tums isn't healthy ;) Also if heartburn strikes at night stick to your left side. Apparently heartburn is worse when you lay on your right side.

I just broke out my birthing ball. Need to start spending time on it. I've started doing guided birth meditations at night before bed too and I really like them. Hoping it will help me at least have a partially of not fully unmedicated birth.

Today I haven't felt too well. Got up around 6 am and couldn't get comfortable to get back to sleep. Got up and sent hubby off to work and did some cooking (yay freezer meals!) and was sweating bullets! Not sure of its humidity or pregnancy or both but I've been sweating bad the past few days. I don't even sweat this bad at the gym! It's so nasty.

Finally laid down again around 11:30 and slept till after 2. I like this mat leave stuff where I get to rest and nap whenever I need it! :)

Tonight my low back is aching and my stomach is feel blah. Still have the menstral type cramping and think my stomach was hardening some. Probably Braxton hicks. Not super painful just feel yucky.

Hoping these babies won't arrive for another month at least but I have a feeling they may show up sooner than later. I just sort of keep holding my breath waiting for te big show to begin!

I can't sleep because all I want is food! I keep trying little snacks but nothing is satisfying enough.. Gah!

34 weeks today. So happy to have made it this far. 34 weeks was my first goal (aside from passing 29 weeks when my daughter was born). My next goal is 37 weeks. 3 more weeks until term. :D

Had a growth scan yesterday! Baby is estimated 5lb 2oz already at 32+4 and measuring a week ahead!! My last was born 5lb 5oz so I almost had a heart attack when they told me. They said to expect 8lb at 40weeks. Cant wait to meet my little bubs :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->