*October Bumpkins*2014* 43 Babies Born!

Had a growth scan yesterday! Baby is estimated 5lb 2oz already at 32+4 and measuring a week ahead!! My last was born 5lb 5oz so I almost had a heart attack when they told me. They said to expect 8lb at 40weeks. Cant wait to meet my little bubs :D

That's how I felt when they estimated baby at 4lbs 5oz at 31+5. My daughter was born at 2lbs 2oz so I was surprised he is so big.

Jcliff-he's a good size already! :)

Re-heartburn-it's 3am here (yay 37 weeks now!!)
and I have just had to take something for my heartburn! I won't miss this when baby is born.
Always carry something you can take with you if you can. Never heard of the pregnancy ball helping-great idea! Must try it :)

Can't sleep? I woke up the other morning at 4AM and couldn't fall back to sleep. My husband ended up cuddling with me two hours later before he got up for work and I fell back to sleep for two hours. It was nice.

As for having something for heartburn with me at all times, I've got that covered! There's tums by my bed, in my kitchen, in my purse and in my car. I always have it!

Yes-couldn't sleep! Argh so frustrating when you are so tired and awake. You sound organised with a good supply of Tums!

We have decided on a home birth, providing the home birth midwife that visits us says yes. It's the only way to solve child care issues when labour starts. Excited/nervous at the same time.

Everyone decided on how they want to birth?

I'll be giving birth in my local hospital, since he's my first I'm rather nervous so I'd rather be in the hospital just in case (god forbid) something happens. Plus I'm gonna want the drugs too:haha:

I've been hit with the flu and feel bloody awful, I did have the flu jab but apparently it's not done it's job:dohh:

Rbourre-great you've made it so far after your little girls early arrival last time. Must be a relief each week that passes.

Sister rose-brilliant news your little boy is growing so well :) he sounds like he is doing well in there!

Newlywed-all I want to do is eat! I'm constantly hungry, even in the middle of the night. I know how your feeling!

Mamamac-I do hear people with twins have them a little earlier, but I'm sure they won't come until they are fully cooked :) will be lovely for you to have two gorgeous babies-must be so exciting!

That's fab yoyo! Should be no reason for them to say no :)

Lost a big bunch of plug today! No blood though, so that's good, but I was surprised by how much it was.

Is anyone else petrified of birth? it hit me the other night and now i'm so scared x

I'm giving birth in hospital, he may have problems nothings 100% so i'd rather be there just incase also i want drugs and plenty of them lol! i wanted to go all natural but i dont get a medal for that so may aswel have drugs to help me x

Is anyone else petrified of birth? it hit me the other night and now i'm so scared x

I am! I'm afraid of any part of it, I didn't register for birthing classes soon enough so I'm relying on books and possibly youtube videos. I'm hoping it's going to be enough, especially since I'm avoiding as much medical intervention as possible. I'm terribly afraid of it!

I have a terrible feeling that my baby has turned into the breech position. It felt like he had hiccups high up, it was the typical rhythmic feeling I usually feel down low. I'm afraid to admit he's turned. I had an appointment on Wednesday where my doctor is doing an ultrasound to see baby's position and I would hate for a c-section to be scheduled or determined based on this ultrasound.

I'm giving birth at the hospital in the city 30 minutes away. When I went to my doctor to confirm pregnancy, he referred me to an OB at that hospital because they have a NICU just in case this baby came early too. Our regular hospitals won't deliver babies before 34 weeks. Since I've made it to 34 weeks, I could technically deliver at the closer hospital but I'm already registered at the other one and my OB is there.

I don't have a choice, has to be a hospital as I had a haemorrhage last time. I'm ok with that though. I'm honestly too scared not to be near Drs & machines & drugs in case something happens, which knowing my luck, something will like last time.

My new blood pressure monitor keeps telling me I'm pre-hypertension. My blood pressure was 114/82 and it says pre-hypertension. My old machine considered it normal until it got to 130/86. I know 114/82 is perfectly fine but it bugs me that it says pre-hypertension.

It's normal to be scared especially with your first as you don't have a clue what to expect. My first was on the drip and was something I will never let them do to me again, so with my second I planned hb and was scared as I'd not experienced natural labour and was a hell of a difference, a million times easier and not as scary as I was imagining. I was terrified of experiencing transition and "losing it" as you hear people talk about, but I didn't :) so although I worry at times, what if it's not as easy this time around, I'm excited too, will be at home which will make it easier too (more relaxed etc).

My new blood pressure monitor keeps telling me I'm pre-hypertension. My blood pressure was 114/82 and it says pre-hypertension. My old machine considered it normal until it got to 130/86. I know 114/82 is perfectly fine but it bugs me that it says pre-hypertension.

That's ridiculous! That reading is normal! Even 130/86 I wouldn't bat an eyelid at at work :-/

I'm not so much terrified of the birth, just nervous because I don't really know what to expect. I am delivering at a hospital 1.5 hours away. It's the closest hospital with a nicu.

How big is the mucous plug? Mine just seems to keep coming and coming!! It's groooooss!

That's ridiculous! That reading is normal! Even 130/86 I wouldn't bat an eyelid at at work :-/

This one says anything over 120/80 and below 140/90 is pre-hypertension. I just ignore what it says because I know it's perfectly fine, especially for me since my bp was higher than that before I was pregnant and I was on meds. I'm not on any meds now except aspirin.

Madness!!!

Re the plug, I've never had a proper "show" or anything. I've lost little bits on a regular basis but small enough for it to regenerate. My SIL had plug loss and shows. She said the plug was like thick snot and would loose tonnes everytime she went to loo.

Every few days I lose maybe a quarter sized amount, for a couple Weeks now- no blood, just looks like thick nasty snot!

Ok, I feel like a total dork asking this--but can bits of your mucous plug be white? This just occurred to me that earlier I went to the restroom, and there was (TMI!) a big glob of white. (Looked very similar to EWCM.) I didn't really think anything of it, but now looking back, it was way more than any regular discharge I've had. With DS #1 I didn't lose any of the plug until 36 or 37 weeks, and it was always darker, and tinged with blood. I'm only 33 right now, which is why I guess the thought didn't cross my mind!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->